A Steam Installation Help/Guide

Best answers
To install Steam:

1. Get Steam at www.steampowered.com (get the one for Half life/Counter Strike, depending on which game you have)

2. Install Steam into C:\Program Files\Steam (the default)

3. Go to your Sierra folder (C:\Sierra\) and COPY (right click, and click copy) your Half Life/Counter Strike folder.

4. Go BACK to your Steam folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\) and click the file SteamApps (C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\) to open it.

5. If there is NO folder, right click the window, go down to New, and click Folder (at the top).

6. Name it your email address.

7. Paste (Ctrl+V) your Half Life/Counter Strike folder INTO the email file you just made (C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\ <your email folder> \)

8. Go BACK to Sierra (C:\Sierra\) and COPY (Ctrl+c) "fmod.dll".

9. Paste it into your Steam Half Life/Counter Strike folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\ <email here> \Half-Life or Counter Strike\)

Note: To do all this, right click your start button and go to "explore".

This SHOULD allow you to sign into Steam, and play a game.

Note: It takes a while for your first Steam game to open, be patient.

IF you still CANNOT use your keyboard, go back into the Sierra-Half Life-ESF folder (C:\Sierra\Half Life or Counter Strike\ESF\) and look for a folder called "config.cfg". Paste it into your Steam-Half life/Counter Strike-ESF folder.

Note: In the Steam menu, the keyboard settings WILL NOT show. But they will work in-game.

IF this works, you SHOULD be able to go to Steam AND WON (worked for me).

If I missed something, or your still having problems, ask me.

Sticky-worthy, mods?

Best answers
Hmm.... o_O all of what u said isn't necesary. Anyway you should fix some things...
1. They must have the email there if they created an account. And if they don't have it (that's almost impossible) they must create a folder with the name from the account.
2. To get the keyboard working + original esf background + menu items correct + startup music - go here and download esf stam pack v2.0 - http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=33240

Best answers
Well maybe some people dont want your Steam pack :p Buhahahahaha. I just told them to make the folder anyways, shouldnt be too hard.

EDIT: Stickified in Help? :fight:

Best answers
well, I think people want theyr keyboard to work and the esf background :p

Best answers
me confused, please give me a step by step installation method. I have steam + cache 300mb file. I have the sf file I dowloaded from the section. and I have the steam pack 1.0. I tried to download 2.0 but instead it says 2.0. anywa plz help :(

Best answers
well, whenevr I install esf 1.1 it autodetects my 1.6 installation diretory. So I install it there. Then what do I do? Install the Steam Pak or what?

Best answers
Umm.. I think you can change the Steam download location, but the default is Program Files\Steam (which you want)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone who actually appreciates my Steam thread. :rolleyes:

Feel free to post any of your questions in that thread, it's there for a reason, and i'm going to try and get it stickied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom