to the devs"

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Now the source code has leaked (don't say you didn't knew), are you gonna use it for esf? You can do wicked cool sh1t with it, the physics and all. After you've seen the code (which you guys probably have), can you tell us the posibillities it could have for ESF? Or maybe i am wrong and you are all nice kids who don't download illegal stuff and definatly not the source code (the wet dream of every hl mod maker) ;)

Another question, i saw alot of people say that esf aint gonna be on hl 2. Well why not? It is easy to put your mod on hl 2. I've heard that people got HL 1 and Counterstrike running on the leaked beta of HL 2, just by copying the hl 1 game files into the hl 2 bin folder. And it worked flawless. The wicked azz physics even worked in cs and hl!!!

So you mite think twice before you say again that you don't gonna port it, cause if you don't, others will, including me. It's a matter of drag and drop, know what im sayin.

Also, why not releasing a hl1 and hl2 version on every update? Just put more poly textures and more effects in the hl2 version.

Mellee will rock azz with the physics system too. Slammin someone against a wall must look crazy with them physics.

Just think about it ;)

Best answers
I completly agree with you dude , well they may think about it if it´s really easy like that ~

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yea i tried it myself. I played Cs with some bots. In the dust map (dont tell me you dont know it), i killed a bot that was standin above the tunnel, and he tumbled down and fell with his left leg against a box, it looked so awesome. Those physics roxor your boxor. I can not wait for the final version.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Also remember, it runned like near perfect on an early stage alpha! Imagine how it will run when its 100% done.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woo, let's start from the top...
fah que said:
Now the source code has leaked (don't say you didn't knew), are you gonna use it for esf? You can do wicked cool sh1t with it, the physics and all.
We're not retards, most of us know about the half-life 2 source code leak and the beta leak. I don't know about you, but we at ESF don't like to steal other peoples work, expecially if valve will sue the living sh!t out of us. Hmm, thinking abou it, I don't think the discussion of warez is allowed on our forums either.

fah que said:
After you've seen the code (which you guys probably have), can you tell us the posibillities it could have for ESF? Or maybe i am wrong and you are all nice kids who don't download illegal stuff and definatly not the source code (the wet dream of every hl mod maker) ;)
You're getting repeditive with that goody-goody bs. HarSens and myself didn't sit down and read the hl2 source code. It's incomplete and we would rather have the official hl2 sdk. Possibilities, hah, like you need to see the source code to come up with those?

fah que said:
Another question, i saw alot of people say that esf aint gonna be on hl 2. Well why not? It is easy to put your mod on hl 2. I've heard that people got HL 1 and Counterstrike running on the leaked beta of HL 2, just by copying the hl 1 game files into the hl 2 bin folder. And it worked flawless. The wicked azz physics even worked in cs and hl!!!
ESF might be on hl2, might not be, we're leaning to the probably not though. Personally, I hate dragon ball z. It's one of the worst animes I've ever watched, and ESF will most definatly be my last Dragon Ball Z project.
Anyways, like I said above, we might port it, but chances are we won't.

fah que said:
So you mite think twice before you say again that you don't gonna port it, cause if you don't, others will, including me. It's a matter of drag and drop, know what im sayin.
Go for it, have fun.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fah que said:
Also remember, it runned like near perfect on an early stage alpha! Imagine how it will run when its 100% done.
It ran near perfect? What kind of rock are you living under? Did you hear all the complants? It crashed, it's rediculously incomplete, the AI was scripted (unlike what valve said earlier), and many other things. I'm sure it will run great when it's 100% done, but don't even think about saying how it runs so well when I for a fact that it doesnt.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find it thought provoking that your saying that you might port it. Now I have to think about that and when 1.2 will come out... I do think that if you port you will kind of be going against that whole support the slow computers and 56k users philosophy you've had (which would make me happy). Being able to smash someone through buildings would make me (and i have never said this before) cream my pants.

Best answers
I agree with Scorcher on this one. que, you've read the stickies.. ESF will NOT be on HL2. There isnt a way to get around it, no way.

You wont be porting it yourself because you'll have ESF up ur ass with a lawsuit, they can do that you know.

It will make us all cream our pants!

Seph

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay then, we will NOT port to half-life 2. Now you don't have to wonder, and hopefully you'll stop creaming your pants :)

Best answers
Even if the code will be easy ported (which i doubt), you'll just have halflife graphics on hl2, unless we redo all models, maps and sprites, that took us 2 years to create. As for the physics, what kind of badd-ass physics would apply to esf anyways?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Both of the team's coders have spoken. Need they say more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom