ESF and Steam

Best answers
Just wondering if the new version of ESF (1.2) is going to be playable through Steam

Best answers
Maybe, maybe not,

i don't think anyone knows... yet it is compateble as it is now...

Best answers
I just installed steam pack 2.0 for esf but can't play at all says my client.dll is different from other servers, how do i fix this?

Also I just took ESF off my comp along with HL, do i still need them both in order to properly set up ESF for steam or not?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure you're running the latest version of ESF?
I test all of my code with steam, 1.2 (and 1.1) works fine for me...

Best answers
yeah i had 1.1 but took it and hl off before realizing there was a steam pack for it, so do i need to put esf and hl back on to set things up properly or not?

Best answers
nevermind, just answered my own question by re-installing esf to my steam half-life folder, but one question still remains, why is there only 2 servers showing in the list when there's over 50 when i do a search on gametiger, can i only connect to servers that are using steam or what here?

Best answers
yup, what you said. you can only connect to servers that are using steam

Best answers
damn that kinda sucks cause not a lot of esf guys are using it...maybe i should switch back

Best answers
yep Steam SUCKS my esf graphics even change and aura hardly shows game play goes faster but sucks like that just switch back

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DaMan said:
yep Steam SUCKS my esf graphics even change and aura hardly shows game play goes faster but sucks like that just switch back
It has some good features and potential, just it has to fix some major smoothing bugs (like lag and mod compatiblity). But yeah, use WON until Steam fixes itself ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom