trying to make a movie

Best answers
erm i'm trying to make a mini dbz movie with esf and i'm wondering how i can get rid of the enrgy bar and the life bar and that stuff? thanks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could just replace the sprite with nothing, but would the numbers still be there? I think they would because of the fact that it is coding. Are you doing this by yourself? If not make one person use spectator mode ;).

Best answers
There is a console command for It I think, but Im not sure. Any good video editing program will be able to crop the video for you, cuting out all of the hud, just watch that you keep all the action in the center of the frame.

Also, Im asuming you are recording all your shots as demos, and then later converting them into VIDEO files. If so, once all your shots are done, you can make a copy of your ESF directory (just in case) and replace things like the redical sprite with a blank one. and easy way to do this is to replace the sprites with a null.spr. Just copy Null.spr, and re-name it to what you want to replace.

If you are realy serious about this, and you have some people together, I would be more than glad to help out.

Crap, got to go finish making the Zat, good luck!

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was going to suggest the "copy everything over with null.spr" thing too. ESF doesn't have any cvars to hide the hud (we should get one though...) :/

Retired
Best answers
I'm sure someone can comeup with a script that removes the hud, atleast in Tribes 2 its very easy. i'm sure it can be done for ESF, atleast in an easier way than replacing everything with null.spr :)

Best answers
thanks guys. I was planning on doing that but I was just wondering if there was a console command because I have to search through all those sprites to find the ones i need to edit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom