Microphone/Voice

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About time too :p

Now we can all give faster and easier tactic coordination in clan wars, and scream "KA-ME-HA-ME-HAAAAAA" down the microphone, cant wait :laff:

Best answers
Jonesdaniel said:
About time too :p

Now we can all give faster and easier tactic coordination in clan wars, and scream "KA-ME-HA-ME-HAAAAAA" down the microphone, cant wait :laff:
if i heer n1 scream kameha on te mic imma goin hunt em down and make there life turtore til they leave te game ;(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
hasnt voice always been in? i mean i could remember the groovster always doin it, and when he did it i began to use it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well in beta 1.0 there was some code (i think it was the mic code from the config folders of other mods) that you could put in to make it work, i had it myself. In 1.1 i've found that the only people that can hear you with that code are the people that also have the code in the config. So its alright if you want to talk to your mate with the code in, but not to other people on the server.

Basically this'l be much better :)

(and we have to wait for 1.2, durrr :p)

Best answers
Yeah i thought it would be for 1.2 but i didnt know if they could update the server or what thanks for tellin me :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if there is a guy like that just ignore him using a command :p. If he has nothing useful to say, don't take that **** :).

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We could use voice for talking 'before' as well... it's a built-in thing for the HL engine I think:
(what we used in alpha, beta 1.0/1.1)

1.) Make sure the server's host has voice enabled..
2.) Make sure you have this enabled under CONFIGURATION.
3.) bind j +voicerecord, and whenever you have j pressed, people on your team/everyone (depending on the server's CVAR) can hear you talk.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jesus noobs are gonna be using this future and bug you to death but thank god you can ignore them ^_^...Imagine no ignoring command I'll probably stop playing esf...LOL ^_^

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a part of halflife. Like groovy said if the server doesn't have it disabled and everyone has it enabled you can talk right now. AMX mod and adminmod both have mute functions so look forward to that...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Galst Vic said:
Jesus noobs are gonna be using this future and bug you to death but thank god you can ignore them ^_^...Imagine no ignoring command I'll probably stop playing esf...LOL ^_^
Unless you make a server and kick all the lamers :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me turns off all voice comunication

worst idea ever...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
/me turns off all voice comunication

worst idea ever...
Can I get an Amen?

It's really the stupidest thing in the world for a dbz modification.. what's the conversation gonna be.. "Get the dragonball, now put it over there, k get the next one. Yea over there. OMG! A beam! help!"

Sounds fun...

Best answers
lol that would actually be pretty funny to hear some1 say that.
But maybe you could have an option just to not be able to hear any1 using a mic?

Best answers
The point is to laugh at how people sound :/

I have been using voice in ESF on steam for a long time, so it's not news to me...

Best answers
i was thinking about it b4. it would be good in clan battles n such but the mute button would be used than the talking feature in public games. * imagines lil 7 year old kid using picollo and kicking someone while screaming KAMEHAMEHA !!!!!!*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lolz, I'm just gonna say kamehameha at the wrong times, like shooting scatter beam or meleeing :p -- It's funny, cuz I have ADD :p

Best answers
I just can't wait to just click on everyone's mute buttons.....then I laff and laff and laff....

Uh where was I?? Ah now I remember....thanks PcJoe, now you give us the ability to laff at people who use the mic not realizing theyre muted :D j00 r teh pwn!

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this will actually open esf up to teamplay that it previously didn't have. Multiple power struggles will actually be popular because you'll be able to call on people to help. Beyond this we can only count on admins to mute and kick and gag to keep the peace between the upity children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom