Don't Just Rent a Server ... Rent a Whole Computer!

Best answers
I CAN'T ADVERTISE will rent you an entire computer, dedicated SOLELY and COMPLETELY to you. One computer. One client. Full Shell Access.

You control what game servers run. You control how many game servers run. You control what games to provide servers for. You control how many related applications run (Webserver, FTP Server, Voice Server, etc.). From the desktop of an OS that is familiar to most everyone: Microsoft Windows.

These are the specifications of our rental computers:

AMD Athlon 2200+
ASUS A7V8X-X Motherboard
512 MB PC2700 DDR RAM
30 GB UDMA/100 7200 RPM HD
10/100 Onboard NIC
Windows 2000 Professional
3 Fully Routable, Static IP Addresses

We have six of these bad boys in stock, and we want to move them NOW. The pricing for these systems at the listed bandwidth allocation is as follows:

1.5 Mb/s (a T1 worth) of unmetered bandwidth $99.99 per month
3.0 Mb/s (two T1's worth) of unmetered bandwidth $149.99 per month
5.0 Mb/s (over three T1's worth) of unmetered bandwidth $199.99 per month

Reference this post, and get the setup charge WAIVED.

The Net Gamer is located in Kansas City (<45 ms to Internet exchanges on both US coasts, <10 ms to Internet exchanges on both US borders), an optimal location for clans with members scattered throughout North America. Check your latency to our facility by pinging 66.28.23.65.

Learn more
See our FAQ

[NG]Owner

Best answers
LOL.. what about no advertisements?

nice though... but i have my own computer, and even worse... u use windows for a server... juck.

Best answers
Bump.

We've got three available. Get 'em while the getting is good!

[NG]Owner

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think youll get very many replies to this. advertising is frowned upon in these forms. so if you dont wanna get a warning or something, wou should edit your first post.
personally though, i doubt anybody will do this. nobody in this forum atleast.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And it lacks a price in the post. :p

Now serious, I rent a server for a HLServer. Its linux, more stable, better. Further I shall note you on the fact that you do not only use windows, you also give them DESKTOP.

Let me resay that, desktop. I am a qualified ICT person and I can say thats..unwise.

If you give desktop theres a good chance ppl can own the computer.. BAD. Actually, I give a good hacker or ICT person (if you think of the other side) 30 minutes to not only own the coputer on admin level, but also got a good look at your network.

All of this thinking bout the fact that we use silly slow modems. :p

You wanna rent servers? get smart, use linux.

Best answers
You only have THREE computers availible for rent? Is this a business or is this some Lemonade stand? "Oh darn, we're outta lemonade-- welp guess we can't sell anymore"

I seriously don't think anyone is gonna be willing to RENT a computer from you. Where's your certifications, degree, or some proof that what we COULD be renting ISNT a piece of junk. I'd feel safer RENTING a computer from Staples over you.

Besides, your cheapest (standard) package is for $99/month. If you rent that server for 5-6 months, you've just blown enough money to buy yourself a Dell (not that I care for dell, I only build my own computers). I think I'd rather have some Dell than blow money on something I can't see. Besides, most people would want their server to be running year round, and that means $1200 a year to RENT some server... for $1200 I could build a nice setup.

oh, and last thing-- most of the people on this board probably don't even have creditcards since most of them are young teenagers. You're selling to the wrong crowd. And their parents aren't gonna be droppin' a "C" bill every month so they can enjoy a server....

Best answers
Ultimate,

The name of the game is "use the raw materials." We only have three left because all but three are rented already. Once the last three are rented, then we obtain new ones (takes about a week). No point in having 20 sitting idle. Idle computers (our raw material) don't generate any revenue, and require capital. Call us crazy, but we don't believe in expending additional capital unless there is an immediate return on that capital.

Certifications and degree. Hmmm. Most in our industry do not hang our diplomas on a virtual wall. Browse our site for a few minutes. It will answer many of your questions, and permit you to draw educated conclusions as to whether you'd feel comfortable doing business with us. If you still have questions afterwards, I'll be happy to answer them. Besides, with full shell access, you will be able to verify that the Rental Rig you get from us is exactly as, or better than, described.

Also, the overwhelming price component of the Rental Rig isn't for the computer, it is for the bandwidth that the Rental Rig consumes. Having a great computer in your home doesn't do you much good if you don't have the connection to power several servers. If you want to buy that Dell and ship it to me as a colocated computer, we'll be happy to do that, too.

Darkling,

We want people to "own" the computer. We provide them desktop access for exactly that reason. Could a few bad eggs wander in and try to cause some damage? Possibly. But that's why we have a CCIE/CISSP on staff; to help keep that possiblity to a minimum. And also why cancellations work in both directions.

[NG]Owner

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom