stupid things to try out in ESF

Best answers
Ok this is just a bunch of funny stuff that cropped up over the lan party I had this past weekend on esf.

Fun with bombs:
We charged up the deathball (db) at a spirit bomb (sb). If you line it up well enough, the two balls stick to each other and just kind of hang there. I have some screenshots, not here though. When someone posts a reply (which I doubt) then I can include them in the next post.

I went ssj and tried catching it but it 2 beeg. Anyone ever been able to catch one of these? I didn't get a power struggle though, it blew up on contact. Or maybe it was by buddy flying into the top ball for fun at about the same time that did it.

Stupid melee tricks:
Ok this has probably been mentioned a zillion times, but its does work. Sometimes. If you get a guy h0wing you, this is perfect for suprising them. Swoop them as they expect you to, then stop, teleport to just behind em and wack. Works just as well if they decide to swoop you as well. If you really want to get fancy, turn 180 at the last second and teleport backwards so your facing your opponent.

Stupid zen story:
After playing for 5 hours, I joined a new game after a 30 minute break, and played for about 30 minutes before I noticed my radar wasn't on. How was I still keeping track of my enemies? I think the force was with me that day. Or at least for those 30 mintues, because as soon as I noticed it missing I couldn't spot jacksh*t and had to turn it on.

Tennis games:
Tossing a big bang back and fourth unfortunetely does not make the explosion any bigger. We tossed this sucker back and fourth at least 6 times before getting bored. I guess only ps' pump the explosive up (i.e both opponents throwing an attack as opposed to having just one being tossed around).

Gee thats it I guess,
cheers.

Best answers
gee man didnt ya do volly ball

volly ball:
alot like tennis but you use a person instead (buu is better cause he has heaps of health)
and you and you mate just knock him back and forth until some one misses then the lose

Best answers
Hmm volley ball, I must try that.

I have a variation of squash as well. It only works on some levels though that have enclosed areas. If you can nab you opponent on his start possy in Lava map (don't remember the whole name, comes with 1.1) then melee his ass into the roof. When he falls, lather, rinse, repeat. I guess thats yet another good reason why indoor maps for esf don't work.

Ok I know I promised pics, but their at home, was only expecting to reply 2moro. If anyone else has any funny/stupid things they've seen/tried out, post your story here.

Cheers.
p.s. an idea for volley ball, why not design an area that looks like a soccer field and you thats where you score as well. Have 11 players per side and so on.... could be interesting. I could do the map, but I'm not sure about how the ball thing would work. Maybe someone could make a dragonball model that can be bashed around?
Call it DBZ-soccer?

Best answers
I like the idea of DBZ soccer. You be able to do it with energy attacks as well

Best answers
I have done a bit of mapping yeah ill make a soocer feild just for that idea
(like if the fella goes in the goal he dies spawns back in the center if u use buu or a breakable area if u use energy attacks)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, sorry but none of this is new/innovative/exciting, and is pretty much stuff that everyone (except for this thread of random people) has already done.. :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is all some boring stuff, maybe some of the newbs will have fun with it =/.

Best answers
i ant no noob i have been playing esf from alpha 2.0
and this wacking a person back and forth help with skill

Best answers
GMan wrote:

>Uh, sorry but none of this is new/innovative/exciting, and is pretty >much stuff that everyone (except for this thread of random people) >has already done..

Hmm interesting that no-ones done it then don't you think? GPas, I'll get started on a field as well, we can trade at the end.

As for the ball, I suck at modelling so I think your idea is perfect with the teleport trigger and buu, added at worst skill and so on. Not sure if victory conditions can be linked with teleporting (so that it counts the amount of teleports = score). Once the map is up I will try figure it out. I'll get you guys some screenies of the map tommorow along with those stupid screenies I promised.

Cheers, may this stupid thread live on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1)greengiant dont post stupid things to revive ur long dead thread...

2)no...ur original post of stupid things to do....gman is right...everybody has done those already so its not a newsflash

Best answers
Smith said:
That is all some boring stuff, maybe some of the newbs will have fun with it =/.
Interesting huh? You say its boring lame noob stuff yet you have to reply to somthing you feel is stuipid and irrelevent. Only thing i see irrelevent here is your post :p.

Best answers
[r4p3]! said:
1)greengiant dont post stupid things to revive ur long dead thread...

2)no...ur original post of stupid things to do....gman is right...everybody has done those already so its not a newsflash
Ok so point me to the url where I can check out the screenshots for the kind of maps Gpas and I are talking about making? Or the models made specifically for it? You probably wont find anything because there isn't (I've scoured the net 4 something along these lines), and then you can zip that squeak-hole of yours (same 2 Mr Smith).

Anyway screenies to come soon!

Best answers
um any body got a server i can host pics on or know any servers?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Closed due to the spammy off topic posts that filled this thread, this wasn't an open discussion for how stupid this thread is. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom