HL2 whats up with that

Best answers
what are they going to do about esf going on HL2 people keep saying that its not going to be on there and it's probaly not but why

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The esf team does not want to spend that time working on it. They rather go on to better things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep they will have to recode remake maps and models and it takes a lot of time....

Best answers
If the whole thing about just updating the mod to HL2 is true, do you think that they will switch then, say 1.4?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's just say we won't switch ^_^ I don't want to recode all of my stuff to be up to par with HL2, I'm sure as hell HarSens doesn't want to either. I would also like to move onto something not related to DBZ.

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Let's just say we won't switch ^_^ I don't want to recode all of my stuff to be up to par with HL2, I'm sure as hell HarSens doesn't want to either. I would also like to move onto something not related to DBZ.
If the whole thing about updating to HL2 rather than recoding eveything is true than you wouldn't have to recode everything. The only things you would probally code are things like terrain damage and stuff that won't work in HL.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Ok, to put in simple words. The ESF team will NOT be switching over to HL2. Sorry for acting modish (If I am.). But people that keep on saying, "Switch to HL2, it's way better!", and **** like that really bothers me. Plus the ESF team does not want to spend their entire lives working on just one thing, they would like to move on to other things, like work on a new mod, jobs, real-life,.. whatever it might be. So ENOUGH OF IT!

Again, sorry for acting modish (If I am.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mike88 said:
If the whole thing about updating to HL2 rather than recoding eveything is true than you wouldn't have to recode everything. The only things you would probally code are things like terrain damage and stuff that won't work in HL.
In a perfect world HL:HL2 is 1:1 transferable, there is a version released every week and Skittles fall from rainbows...

But it isn't, it is not as easy as some might think, or maybe it is, nobody knows except for those at valve (or the people who downloaded the source).

Best answers
Those guys are ***s. HL2 would've been out already if weren't for those impatient punks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I knew that HL2 wouldn't come out anytime soon. I've told Hibiki about this on IRC, and he didn't beleive me. :rolleyes:

If I had to guess, HL2 wont be out until the summer or 2004.

Best answers
if people are so bothered about esf on hl2 , why dont you find another mod related to dbz on hl2 theres boud to be at least one and(i think) another reason is that we all got half life and new games(like hl2) cost around 30-40 pound(sorry dont know in dollors) so esf is kool on hl1 if u want it on hl2 find a mod on hl2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MyStiX said:
If I had to guess, HL2 wont be out until the summer or 2004.
current date is april '04

it's just too much to do to switch the engine ...
I don't know any mod which has already been in alpha and switched the engine then (just the mods in which the team earns money for developing it)

Best answers
Maybe if you guys are good enough to be on Half-Life radio, maybe they will help you out a bit. Personally I think this mod is sweet and I think that someone should put together a real anime related online game like Planetside, if you know it, or Tribes, if you know it. I think it would make a lot of money too. You guys should talk to some people about that, if you're looking for a lot of fun and a lot of money. I don't know if that would work but hey, just a thought. ESF rocks.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Closed, this has turned into a HL2 discussion..plus the question has been answered. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom