POSTING GAME ON WON SERVER WITH SMC ROUTER!!!!!!

Best answers
Plzzzz Plzzz Plzz i really need help on making a game through a SMC router, ... and yes i have read the Router/Firewall sticky already as well as the tutorial. Here is my problem, i opened up ports 27005-27016 and, My friend can join my game by going to Console and typing CONNECT and then my IP but when he tries to press INTERNET GAMES and ADD IP it doesnt list it. I really need to know what port to open up so i can Post my game on the internet for other People to join it.

I will greatly appreciate the help if anyone can tell me :)

Best answers
From my knowledge, if you and your friend on on the same LAN together, neither of you will be able to view the computer in the "Internet Games" section if the server is also on the same LAN as you and your friend. However, your server will be viewable to others OUTSIDE your LAN.

For example, I run the ~].SL.[~ Server on my LAN, and neither my roommate or myself can see it listed in the Internet Games section. However, we both type "slist" into our console and it will display the servers on our LAN. We then type "connect x" where x is the number that is listed for our server. It will directly connect us to the server without problem. For others not on our LAN, they will see it in the I.G. list. This is proven because my server always has people in it and I don't advertise its IP nor have ever shared it with someone.

Outside the router, people WILL BE ABLE to view your server, so no worries. If you think its a matter of port selection, then why not try opening up your ports from 27000-27500? Even though ESF doesn't use ports that high (unless you have specified thru hlds), its not too much of a security threat to open that high. Also specify in your router config WHAT LAN IP your SERVER MACHINE is connected from. If your router has assigned the server machine with address 192.168.0.3, then in your router config, you need to specify this with the opened ports. Make sure to use both TCP and UDP if your router has those options. On my netgear, It automatically lists for both.

Best answers
Thx for the help bro :smile: , The only problem is that my friend joins from another house, he is not on my LAN. He can join perfectly from going to console and typing my ip and connecting, but when he tries to look for it on Internet Games, Its not posted. =-( So this means no one else can join.
Would you have any idea which port, program, or tool that i could use to show my game on the list, or make it public for ppl to join??

:laff: i would appreciate the help bro :laff:

Best answers
Well, lets do this for starters. AIM me at TEBologna. You can then send me a msg when I'm on about you starting up your server. You can start it up and I'll check if its in the internet games.

Also I got to thinking this earlier when I posted else where, but your friend's internet games "filter" may be set that he receives only dedicated servers if you are setting up a personal listen server. This actually makes sense since you said your friend had tried to add the server to his server favorites in the Internet Games menu, but no server showed up in his list. I dont think your server showed up simply because his filter is set to show ONLY dedicated ones. So you might wanna check that out as well. This would be my guess to your problem, but we can still try the first option I listed above.

Best answers
Ok, well we tested your server out and I can't even ping your ip address with or without your port. So something isn't letting you broadcast your server. My guess is that its just a misconfigured IP setting. As I stated above, be sure to have your UDP and TCP directed to open ports 27000-27500. Also, since you are on a router, be sure to specify the IP address assigned by your router in your router settings. It should be something like this:

Server Machine IP: From Port: To Port:
192.168.0.2.......... 27000....... 27500

Some routers will assign other local addresses like 127.xxx.0.3 or the like. The important thing to do though is to make sure that the IP address you are entering for the server is the CORRECT address. DO NOT put your IP that your ISP has assigned you. That is INCORRECT. You must specify your ip given by your router. If you are unsure what this is, open you your cmd line (Start -> run -> type 'cmd') Then type "ipconfig" and it will list some values for your current configuration. Don't worry about your gateway address or your subnet mask... the important info is the "IP address". This is what you'll use in your router setting.

If this doesn't help, you'll need to send me screen shots of your port forwarding menu in your browser. Software for capturing a screen can be found at www.analogx.com. Just browse their software section until u find a program called "Capture". This can be used to capture your desktop or a desired window.

Let me know what helps you and what confuses you.

Best answers
Please just edit your post now. When I said you have to HOST your pics to post them, I meant you have to upload them to a host that will store them on the net. www.angelfire.com is a good one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom