Setting Up Dedicated On STEAM

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey...yeah I actually need some help x.x

I just got STEAM not to long ago and I'd like to get my server up n running on it...but I'm all confuzzled with how to do it on STEAM.

Please Help ^_^

Best answers
I think it uses the dedicated server (the one that comes with steam) and connects the cache files, and the esf thing, so u have to put the server stuff in the half-life/esf folder within the steamapps

Best answers
i can help you, its very easy, but first i must know if u are using the standalone HLDS (hlserver folder) or the steam client one (on the games list) if you are using the steam client one, simply put the esf foler into your Steam/Steamapps//dedicated server folder, and to play it put it into your Steam/Steamapps/[email]/half life folder. If you have any more questions/something doesnt work, please pm me or reply here

Best answers
I've been able to use the ESF dedicated server on Steam, I need help on 2 things. :warning: 1st how do u change game mode (ie. Capture the dragonballs), :warning: 2nd how can u get the esfbot to work in it, i've tried the commands but they don't work. :(

Best answers
as far as i can tell, you cannot get bots to work with dedicated severs (i may be wrong on this) but only in a listen server. If you want to change the mode, just go to settings when u are creating the game in the listen server menu. If you use HLDS, i think you need to put it in ur server.cfg something like mp_gamemode 1-3

Best answers
to answer ur bots question, look at this forum
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=37569

as for the server.cfg i know there is a command that you can use to set it up as a deathmatch which is..

deathmatch "1"

so i would assume that team deathmatch would be

teamdeathmatch "1" (a guess)

as for CTDB, im not sure perhaps CTDB "1"

it woudl do no harm putting these in and seeing if they work, if they crash the server, just delete them. Just make sure that you only pick one to use.

edit....

not to sure of anything i just said, as i looked through my server.cfg I found both a mp_gamemode and a deathmatch, so.................i guess try a combination of things......

Best answers
AHH, sry, im a little tired. I ment to say if you use a listen server there is a settings. Very Very sorry.......... editted ^^^^^^^^^

Best answers
oh its alright
i've tried a few of those lines to put in servers.cfg still cant find one to work though

Best answers
ok, one last post, then bed hehe. Heres what i think. If you want a deathmatch, make deathmatch 1, if you want a team deathmatch, make deathmatch 0. As for CTDB, that is an experimental game mode, and i dont even have any maps that support it (i believe). You can also type deathmatch and either 1 or 0 in the servers consol to change the mode (requires a map change to take effect). Hope that helps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is mp_gamemode 1, 2 or 3 (might be sv_gamemode, try both)

So set it up so that

1=Deathmatch
2=TeamDeathmatch
3=Capture the DragonBalls

That's what I heard fixes CTDB

Best answers
Damnit! I still can't get it to work, i've put both mp_gamemode 3 and sv_gamemode 3 in both the server.cfg and the server console, it just doesn't wanna work :(.

Best answers
ive tried several times to get CTDB to work since last night, and i have set it to CTDB mode, and it registers as CTDB mode, however there are no Dragon Balls, if someone could please expalin.....................do specific maps work only (i tried esf_cell_day with no luck). I have heard u cant run it on steam, i have heard you can, and frankly, im very confused....

edit.....just to let you know, its mp_gamemode "1"'=Deathmatch, mp_gamemode "2" = Team Deathmatch and mp_gamemode "3" = CTDB>>!!>>!>!!> not sure bout that one since.......i cannot get it working

Best answers
CTDB mode up and running : ). heres the trick, go into your game.cfg and change mp_gamemode to 2. When u join bring up ur scouter and BOOYA. aslo, to make db spawn faster, use command mp_dbrespawntime 1 to make them spawn almost instantly

Best answers
Thanx Kosmo111 it finally worked, and i finally figured out that it wasnt an EVM server... eh onto another rant i go -_-;;... or is it impossible at this point to play EVM on Steam? eh v.v;

Best answers
you can play evm on steam, i was playen that this afternoon aswell, just dl the server pack and install it to the esf directory. Its not that great though, you can only reach the transformations if you play for hours or use dragonballs. Its more fun if you just play normail *(unless u just want to mess around)*

Best answers
I meant use the Steam Dedicated server to host an EVM game.

OH!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!...no i didn't figure out EVM on a Steam Dedicated Server... I figured out how to get a bot on it!!!!!! In your game.cfg and at numbots put how many u want next to it, and also you might wanna mess with it's skill and stuff botskill (1-BEST, 5-WORST) :D :D :D

Best answers
Sry ^^;;; jus too excited, it wont happen again, i promise!

Edit: Nevermind guys I finally got it to work, thanx ^^.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom