after image.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, having a lot of playermodels in a server lags, and the way i see it these afterimages are see through models, but they still have the same amount of poly's. If everyone in the server starts teleporting, it will lag like bi@tch. Am i right or wrong ?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
i dont think it has the same poly's. If anything, it might just be a little more the those little 'dots' that we have now

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
i dont know "how" it woks, but it shouldt cause more lags then now.. i would capture the frame when hes teleporting and just create a model on the position where he teleported with a frozen animation (captured aswell ) ... perhaps im talking crap again but who cares lol

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
no, fading models

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe it won't affect the l33t computers such as my own, but for the low end comp. it could mean no more esf.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Well, I have very poor FPS, so when I test with anyone else, it is usually under 10, and usually when I lag it's not because of the after imaging so I wouldn't worry about it.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
Well, I have very poor FPS, so when I test with anyone else, it is usually under 10, and usually when I lag it's not because of the after imaging so I wouldn't worry about it.
Ah, finally an answer. Thnx Magus.

10 fps o_O...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Truthfully, I have yet to see the afterimages affect my FPS, and my video card isn't that great, either. The afterimages are tweaked to affect FPS in the smallest possible way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom