WHO'S NEXT?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once again, I lay down an open challenge, and I'm offering my belt to any brave moderators.

Who's next? YOU'RE NEXT!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bring it.

After I uhm.. recover from my illness. And when I get some free time. So I might be a bit... late in most of my replies #_~
ANd I'll rp as Ryoko again. :p

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and you're wait is over. Venue will be a darkened forest with many giant redwood-esque trees.

Ryoko, you can take all the time you need if that is cool with Cuc.

have fun!

oh, and I believe this goes without saying, but this will bet a belt title match for the Moderator Championship

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm what's this I see. A cucumber that likes to fight? I thought I had seen everything up to now! Your past your sell by date, best before and like a relic of old. Allow me to be the one to finally rid the world of your poisonous presence.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Poisonous presence? Please, allow me to laugh at your assumption that I poison the world. Long ago, before the appearance of this wretched human presence, when I was master of this domain, the world was pristine. Now they have polluted and destroyed it . . . who is to say I am unfit to be it's master once again!

(fair warning, having alot of PC problems, but I should be ok from here on in.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its called smack talk cuc. You gotta actually.. you know.. smack talk? #_#

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba stood upon a tree. It's ancient gnarled branches raised skyward, holding the ancient one aloft with groans of protest as it swayed in the breeze. Cucumba had waited here for a time . . . time he had so much of. Time would become Ryoko's enemy, for what can one do but beg for more mercy from the mighty Cucatoth with time? The lazy autumn day was warm, with a sweet smelling breeze blowing through the pine bed under the giant sequoias.

The infamous space pirate was nothing to sneeze at herself.

Feared on a thousand worlds, and wanted on those that still have inhabitants, the heinous creature that was called Ryoko drew near the appointed place.

"You kept me waiting long enough," said Cucumba as he looked down on Ryoko. "But time is short for you and words are meaningless, so defend yourself!"

Ryoko looked up at the voice and was about to retort, but the jade behemoth was on her in an instant, his leg aligned perfectly with his spine and poised to deliver a muderous side kick. The she devil blocked the kick by crossing her arms in front, "You'll need to do better than that, just like you failed with your miserable smack talk . . . "

As she slid to a stop, Ryoko flipped Cucumba back in the air, and prepared to attack. Just as she leveled her fists she saw the green devil soaring in for another attack. That's impossible, no one's that fast, she thought to herself.

Cucumba slammed into Ryoko's stomach hard, sending the contender into the ground and through one of the ancient tree's trunks. Ryoko began to get up, shaking the dirt from her hair and holding her ribs. "Damn you hit hard, but that's the last time I underestimate you, geezer. Don't take me too likely, or you'll be sorry."

The admin strolled leisurely forward, grinning in mock satisfaction at his prone opponent. Ryoko got to her feet and hopped into the branches, charging her internal energies as she went. Cucumba traced her with his gaze, following cautiously. He knew that she would act soon and that he would have to be prepared. Thinking it better to be proactive rather than reactive, he reached for his rather infamous monkey wrench.

Ryoko heard the bansaber coming, and prepared for it. She watched the bright green blade boomerang through the bough she stood on, and took flight, but made it appear as if she had fallen out of control. The mad old one saw her fall, and began to plot her doom, just as she righted herself and launched a blast of energy from her hand. Cucumba timed it just right and batted the blast away from himself, only to see Ryoko's elbow slam into his face. The mighty admin lurched backward, and briefly lost contact with the ground, his eyes full of fury. He countered with a back flip, attempting to kick Ryoko in the chin. The she devil dodged easily, and launched an assault with her hands, putting Cuc on the defensive. The green devil began to block as quickly as she attacked, but the clever demon had finally found what she was looking for . . .

The mighty admin had blocked with his left hand while preparing to strike back with his right, leaving his mid section open to the ki blast Ryoko had been saving just for this occasion. The bright flash heralded the explosion Cucumba slammed into a tree that was already old in mankind's youth, and that tree began to fall. The angered ancient horror reached behind him through a veil of pain and grabbed the tree by ramming his fingers deep into the wood. He tore the tree free from it's splintered base, and swung the giant like a club, leveling smaller trees as he went. The forest floor trembled with the impact of the tree against every other in it's path.

Ryoko watched, stunned, for too long. The tree nearly hit her, but she flipped up on it's top instead, and began running towards the enraged admin. Cucumba smiled and had anticipated this event. He was, after all, a clever devil himself. He briefly dropped the tree, and punched the tree's end. The sudden movement of the tree threw Ryoko off balance, and she fell forwards into the waiting arms of the mighty spambane.

Cuc drew the demon up to his face and spoke softly, his words mingling freely with the cool breeze and rustling branches. "You annoy me."

The mighty admin threw the space pirate into the trees, and watched, with satisfaction, as she slammed into a tree twenty feet up.

Ryoko landed on her feet and wiped the blood off her lip with the back of her hand, "That's it, show me what you're really made of. There can only be one demon in charge here, and it might as well not be you."

Cucumba wrenched his injured shoulder back into place and laughed at the grey haired woman.

"Warm up is over."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for the really long wait Cucumba. I had a LOT of stuff going on :/

Ryoko wandered into the forest, fleeing hte bounty hunters that pursued her. She figured none would dare enter the place she had, as it had herald to an intriguing reputation. One that left none alive who entered. Of course this had to be absurd she thought, as she hopped along the branches above ground level. No-one could spread the rumours if there was no-one left the desolate place alive! It was night, the time of demons and devils to dance under the pale moonlit sky, the only time Ryoko felt at ease during the daily cycle of life.

She wandered into a clearing, wood strewn across the floor, redwood trees everywhere around her. The brances strained to maintain their meanacing positions as the howling wind cut through each and every one of them.

It all became clear. Noticing the shadow standing at the far side of the clearing, she knew why none had left this place alive.

Cucumba turned around slowly, noticing the space pirate watching him from her place on the ground. "Forever running I see, eh Ryoko? Allow me to end your suffering!

With that, he was upon her. Ryoko barely had time to block the green machines swift roundhouse kick aimed at her head. As she skidded back she gripped his shin with her left and span around, knocking him off balance. As she lauched him like a slingshot into the nearest great oak, she charged him down.

Luck however, wasn't on her side this time, as Cucumba rebounded from the tree, meeting Ryoko with his fist, repelling her backwards. As Ryoko hit the dirt, she slided and came to rest against a tree as large as any modern house.

"Ha," she smirked. "As if I havent enough problems at the minute. It's time to end this here and now!"

She leapt to her feet and raised both arms to her chest, crossing them over. Cucumba laughed and uttered "Are you praying to your saviour, Ryoko? It's too late for that now!"

"Saviour's don't exist" she camley replied. "Only death awaits you".

She phased out of view.

Cucumba dropped into a fighters stance and readied himself. Flashes of light emerged from the dense forest and seemed to show a signal of things to come. He leapt back a couple of steps to find a small explosion appear where he once stood. He continually leapt back only to find himself confronted with his back to a large tree stump.

He flipped over the stump and landed on it's top, surveying his surroundings. Activating his ban sabre, he deflected a beam from his left and directed it to where he thought the fearsome space pirate lurked, only to find his ban sabre stopped by another as Ryoko appeared in front of him. Ryoko quickly swept Cucumba's legs from under him and as he fell, she jumped and kicked him in the stomach, sending the pickle hurtling through a tree.

She took a defensive stance, weilding the saber like someone out of a B rate acton film expecting Cucumba to try something drastic. She wasn't prepared for what he did next.

He laughed. Laughed out loud and sending crows scattering from the swaying branches above.

"This is a good fight!" He exclaimed. "Come, let me enjoy it some more. It's rare to encounter fighters of your caliber, Ryoko. Lets stop holding back, for both our sakes!"

Ryoko felt as though she needed to flee. That attack had not even stunned him? But she felt strangely calm about what he said. "Agreed death pickle," she smirked. "From here on out, it gets serious."

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ryoko, I noticed a couple typos in your fight, though they didn't cost you the win. It was Cucumba's excellent description of the attacks.

Round one to Cucumba

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba smirked as Ryoko ignited her energy sword and charged at him. She unleashed a flurry of slashes, narrowly missing the admin as he darted between blows.

"You missed," mused the Admin.

"Did I," retorted Ryoko.

Cucumba looked down to see part of his duster fall to the floor. Ryoko barely stifled a laugh . . . and it was cut short with the sound of an igniting ban saber.

"Perhaps you didn't, . . . that will be the last time I underestimate you."

The two carefully circled each other. Ryoko maintained her forcefull agressive stance, while Cucumba went into a low gaurded position, keeping his ban saber below his waist and off to the side. As Ryoko advanced, the green devil slammed his ban saber into the ground before them, burning the wet ground. Steam sprang up from the marshy ground and smoke rose from the ignited pine needles. Ryoko darted back, but then quickly lost the administrator in the mini-conflagaration of steam and smoke.

"Damn this forest is too dark . . . "

Ryoko barely rolled out of the way as Cucumba attacked from above. Cucumba smiled and advanced menacingly as he attacked with a wide slash from his lower left to his upper right. The space pirate countered, only to have her lightblade carried up to the end of Cucumba's stroke. The jade behemoth spun and jabbed the tip of his saber at her exposed ribs, but Ryoko spun out of the way. The Pirate would not fall for such a simple attack. Ryoko darted back in slicing from overhead. Her lightblade connected with Cuc's ban saber instead of his back, for the admin was prepared for such things. The ancient horror seized his opportunity and connected with a back kick to Ryoko's face, sending the smaller devil spinning in the air.

The mad old one smiled as he spun, punching Ryoko in her sternum, and sending the grey haired woman careening into a tree. The ancient redwood groaned in protest as the body of Ryoko slammed into it back first.

Ryoko sunk to her knees, and blood trickled out onto her lip.

Cucumba laughed as he walked forward watching his foes failiing strength. The space pirate had other plans. Ryoko kicked out the green one's shins, and timed her punch with his fall perfectly. The jade behemoth couldn't react in time, and Ryoko landed a vicious uppercut on his chin. She knew that she had to make these blows count.

Ryoko unleashed a furious chain of lightblade slashes, knocking Cucumba backwards as he desperately tried to parry through a haze of pain. Ryoko finally found a place of purchase, and slammed her blade home in Cucumba's thigh.

The administrator howled in pain, and his legs left him.

Ryoko stood over her fallen foe and smiled. "Big tough guy now. Look at you, you can't even get to your feet. Now where's Ryo-ohki so I can get out of here?"

Cucumba sprang to life, dispite the tearing pain in his leg, and slashed at the bewildered she devil.

His powerful slashes collided with her agile parries, and Ryoko could see the fire of determination in Cucumba's eyes. Ryoko moved quickly, forcing the admin to use his injured leg as often as possible. The admin's attacks, were getting more powerful.

He's getting desperate, thought the Pirate, and he's going to screw up!

Sure enough, Cucumba's leg gave on his final desperate slash, and Ryoko used that opportunity to disarm the admin. The saber flew through the forest air, landing far away.

Ryoko pointed the tip of her lightblade at the admin's chin. "Time to die, pickle."

Ryoko, lunged forward and hit only air as the admin rolled to his side. Ryoko slashed at his new position, only to have the admin dive behind a tree.

Cucumba clutched his injured leg, it was barely working and would soon fail completely. He heard the light blade slash through the tree. The green devil waited for the blade to pass, then turned and slammed into the tree with his massive chest, wrapping his arms around the massive trunk. The admin pushed with everything he had, toppling the tree in Ryoko's direction. Ryoko watched the tree with disbelief, what do I have to do to finish this guy?

Cucumba darted around the tree as fast as his injured leg would allow, and Ryoko dodged to the wrong side. Cucumba slammed his fist home on the space pirates face with thunderous impact.

The next thing she knew, tha admin had her blade arm twisted behind her back and his arm around her throat.

"Now we end this . . ."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ryoko gingerly tested her arms and legs to see if any permanent damage had been inflicted by the bane of Spam. Nothing serious sprang to her attention, only a few minor scratches.

"Well, it looks like I'm all warmed up. "I hope your ready for what's to come" taunted the pirate.

"Judging from your current performance, I foresee no real problems" countered Cucumba.

Ryoko smirked. She knew it was unlike Cucumba to be overconfident. It didn't suit his reputation. Maybe she didn't have a chance after all.... maybe this fight would be her last. All these thoughts whizzed around her head the time it took for her to devour a sandwich. She disregarded them just as quickly. She was Ryoko! She wouldn't be seen to tremor at any opponent! Even the most formidable of ones, such as the one who stood before her now.

She fixated Cucumba with a steely glare, focusing on creating a strategy to counter the pickles supreme defense. If looks could kill, Cucumba would have been a pile of steaming blood and guts by now.

Only one strategy presented itself to her. She needed to transform to her second battle form. Only then, would she stand any chance against the ancient horror that faced her.

She unclipped her earring and placed it into the socket on her left wrist. No sooner had she done this, she became engulfed in a flash of light. Her armor bulked up slightly and the pattern mirrored itself to cover her whole body.

She didn't feel like giving the pickle a chance to get accustomed to her new attire so she immediately launched an offensive against him. She gained the advantage quickly, thanks to her increased speed and strength. She struck a flurry of blows against her opponent with her bare fists.

Cucumba was taking a beating and he knew it. He began to see a pattern to her strikes and snatched the opportunity with both hands. He was dazed but that didn't stop him grabbing Ryoko's shoulders as he pulled her towards his outstretched knee causing her attack to stop temporarily while she was stunned. He pushed his cranium to hers and threw her with strength only a pickle could muster against the very tree he had used as a club before hand. She hit the tree with such force that she went straight through it and careered into the largest of tree's situated in the center of the forest.

The impact shook the whole forest but the tree withstood the blow, groaning in protest at the force, which it bore. Ryoko slumped forward, looking nothing like the confident demon earlier. Cucumba approached her steadily, and took his monkey wrench from his utility belt, and activated it in one smooth motion.

"For someone who looked like they were worthy of battling me, you lost your spark quickly. It's time to end your existence, pirate."

Ryoko sprang up using the tree as a springboard, igniting her saber in a similar fashion to the pickle. Her blade clashed with her opponents, causing the surrounding area to light up in a spectacular manner.

"So, end it then. Strike me down like you say you can!" spat the space pirate.

Their blades clashed again and again. Cucumba aimed a perfect strike from above, aiming to slice Ryoko's neck but she countered by raising her blade to block and cause Cucumba's blade to slide harmlessly to the side. She seized the opening, sending her heel deep into the pickles abdomen and causing him to fly backwards for a few meters.

He landed on his feet and steadied himself, rubbing his midsection to bring back the feeling.

"Not bad" quipped the horror. "But it's not good enough!"

Both fighters took off at speed towards the large tree in the center of the forest. They exchanged blows with their complex glow lights as they ran, sparks setting fire to dry embers discarded by the leaves above. Neither fighter could gain the advantage however and soon they reached the hulking trunk of the dominating tree. Ryoko leapt into the air, soaring like a bird as she fired off projectile blasts that shook the ground as they impacted. Each blast roared home with terrifying accuracy but Cucumba was always one step ahead. He deflected the beams that would of struck him, reflecting them back towards Ryoko. It was all she could do to avoid them and keep attacking.

Her persistence paid off however, as the old one misjudged the surface of the branch he was running along, causing him to mis-step. In a split second Ryoko was upon him. Focusing energy into her arm, she hit home a roaring uppercut that would of easily shattered a normal man jaw like glass. But this was no ordinary man. Cucumba feigned injury and stepped back only to thrust his saber at the devils midsection. Ryoko spun away but she wasn't quick enough. The blade struck her left arm, causing her to yell in pain as she lost all balance and fell to the forest floor. Pain and fatigue caught up with the pickle however, and he too plummeted like a rock down to the foliage below.

Fire roared around them as the burning embers had ignited into a blaze. Both fighters staggered to their feet and readied themselves for another round.

Again, sorry for the delay. Due to certain factors (I would of had it up yesterday but my car got broken into.. ><) I was delayed.

Thanks for the match. Was fun while it lasted ^^

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well now, I've come across a tough decision...

I'm at the torn point again. Ryoko did one hell of a job this time around. And compared to Cucumba's less-than-average post(you slacked off a little, big guy) I think I want to give Ryoko the round... one thing makes me hesitate and that is the fact that Ryoko's attack count is slightly off...

So... damn... I think... I think... I'll give the round to Ryoko. If any other referees feel different, we can discuss the matter a bit.

Round Three?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought that might happen . . . I had no inspiration for that mactch, but the fire adds something to the venue. Good round Ryoko :)

<HR>

"Much . . . much better."

Cucumba spat some blood out from his mouth, the light green pearlized fluid dripped on the ground and hissed on contact. The ancient horror looked about him and stared at the conflagaration that, in finer times, had stood as a beautiful forest. From the other side, he heard a log explode from the heat as it's water vaporized inside it's scorched wood. This refocused his attention on the Outlaw.

"I haven't even begun to show you what you've got coming you lumbering vegetable," spat Ryoko, who was grinning with a twitch in her eye as she pulled herself to solid footing.

The space pirate pulled her blade across her face and stepped into a deep side stance. Cucumba pulled his blade across his forearm, pointing his free hand out to the she-devil, fingers flared. The two warriors circled in the heat of the inferno, the flames robbing the air of it's life giving aether. Both warriors maintained their stances as they moved around, eyes locked; each searching for the spark of a hint of inner fire, a commitment to explode into combat.

They would not wait long. In the distance, a branch, glowing red with embers waiting for release, dropped from it's bough, no longer able to cling to the tree which it once fed. Death was in the air.

All that remained of the earth where they stood was an explosion of debris once stuck to their footwear. Now, those debris followed them in an arc that lead to the place of agression that they had created. Each warrior swung their colorful energy blade from it's readiness, and terminated that swing at a point between them. Their inertia and power brought them to a standstill, and their muscles fought to win this contest of unstoppable forces. Ryoko smiled at the admin, showing her canines and the cool assurance of victory not yet won in the world of the real, yet known so well in the mind and soul. In contrast, the admin kept his stoic face cast in stone to those on the other end of his stare. Ryoko tightened up, and flipped back, narrowly dodging the admins exploratory strike and kicked him in the chin for his efforts. The mighty administrator fell to the earth, and quickly flipped up. Daylight was waning, and in the shadows of the dying sun, the warriors once again squared off.

Ryoko landed lightly on her feet and stifled a laugh behind her wrist. Cucumba eyed the she devil, deciding on a course of action against this new assault form. The two rushed eachother, Cucumba roaring as he brought his lethal weapon to bear against the smaller, but clearly more powerful, demon with a wide swing. Ryoko parried his lethal horizontal slash and rolled quickly to the side, preparing a sweeping counter. The mighty admin saw her plan and lept, pulling his abdomen and legs up, narrowly evading certain evisceration as her glowing energy blade neatly sliced off a bit of his duster. Cucumba fell to the floor, and knew he was prone to any attack she might follow up with. Ryoko smiled, it was a valliant effort, and a truly amazing dodge, but the tyrant's time was up. The space pirate lifted her energy blade high overhead and swung it down with deadly precision, missing the rolling admin by a hair's breadth. She growled and swung again, missing the admin once more. As she reared up for a third strike, the admin spun on his side and kicked out the pirates legs, giving him enough time to take a defensive stand. Ryoko cartwheeled to stable footing. Ryoko smiled, she didn't want to beat him on the floor. She wanted him to see it coming.

More fires erupted from the smoldering wounds left in the earth, and Cucumba stood defiantly , eyeing his foe. That's when she assaulted him with everything she had to offer.

The green machine could not see her, or hear her coming; even his command over the force and ki failed him. The pirate rammed into his face with her elbow, and spun, leveling her deadly blade to slice him in two . . .

. . . but the jade behemoth instinctively blocked, despite the reeling, despite the pain, he blocked the impossibly fast blow. Ryoko spun backwards, this time slicing for his leg. The mad old one tried to dodge, but his leg was cut deep. Ryoko quickly disarmed him with a skilled spin of her energy blade, sending the ban saber deep into the fire. The green devil fell to one knee, and shuddered with rage.

"Your game was well played, but the cards were always in my favor . . . any last requests?"

Deep inside, Cucumba quelled his rage, pulling on every internal reserve to keep his anger in check . . . he could not answer, death was better than letting it free . . .

"Nothing? No big fancy words, no soliloqy? No witty retort? Hell, no resistance? Fine."

The space pirate slashed at her foe mercilessly, the jade behemoth must be finished decisively. But much to her suprise, the mighty admin hed his palm up to the blade, stopping it's deadly momentum. The blade crackled from exertion against the invisible force Cucumba used to stop it. Ryoko flipped back and rushed in for a stronger attack, but even the added momentum would not be enough. The green machine had calmed and a peacful look spread over his face as he stood.

Even as the forest around them died in a conflagaration of chaos, the admin and the pirate both found clarity in the truest and purest state of mind: the absolute calmness of the mind focused on combat.

Ryoko sank beneath the ground with a smile as the admin looked on in terror. When she was gone, the terror look faded immediately. Know thyself, . . . , thought Cucumba as he searched for her presence with the force and his ki abilities. Ryoko popped up, slicing where the admin had been just milliseconds before. The green machine began his descent from the canopy, and Know thy ENEMY. She knew she was in mortal danger and instinctively rolled back, narrowly avoiding the green devil's windspear strike. It was aimed directly at her head, but now the admins hand was elbow deep in earth. The Pickled One ripped his hand from the earth's embrace, and sliced at Ryoko.

His hand stopped dead in front of her, and the pale orange shimmering of her force feild could be seen. The admin struck again, and gained nothing more than a luminescent display of sparks as his ineffective attack failed.

"Not going to be that easy, Pickled One," said Ryoko, "you'll have to try harder."

"As you command . . "

The admin stood legs apart, shoulder towards Ryoko's shield, and a severe green glow began in his palm. The light grew larger and larger, much to Ryoko's dismay. When the ball completely engulfed the ancient horror, it suddenly and rapidly shrank into a small fleck of intense light, no larger than a marble.

"Pikka . . . FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH," roared the admin.

The minauture ki attack raced to the demoness' shield in the speeds rarely achieved by light, slamming into the invisible barrier with the force ten times that of the Big Ban attack. The woods exploded in the aftermath, and everything beyond the impact area for miles in a 300 foot wide stroke was nothing but blasted and scorched earth. Far in the distance, a mountain was blasted open, the peak perilously resting on the apex of a cresent shaped scar. The smoke began to clear, falling from the sky's embrace. Cucumba let out a sigh of exaustion, knowing his energies were nearly spent. Then, when the remnant energies of his attack had faded, he knew that the fight was nearly over. The she-devil's shield had held.

"My, my, that was impressive, but utterly useless. Good try though, keep at it, someday you might just succeed," said Ryoko as the last bits of smoke cleared between them.

With that, the pirate raced in, energy blade swinging. Cucumba barely dodged each attack, the fatuige he suffered was manifesting itself visibly now. The beast he hid well within himself began to claw at his psyche, if he did not finish this now, the true ancient horror would be set free. The admin blocked one of the blade stirkes, coming from overhead, and began a rapid combo of light pressure point strikes, hitting her all over her neck, chest and arms. Ryoko's eyes widened, and the spam bane clapped his hands together, tracing a line down her center from neck to knee, then rapidly split his hands apart, striking a pressure point in each knee. Ryoko's legs felt funny, and the knees buckled slightly, but nothing else happened. Then Cucumba hit her solar plexus with his open palm.

"Windspears' southern cross . . . make your peace with what ever god created you," Cucumba grinned.

The space pirate began contorting in pain, almost convulsing, even held her arms out and wrenched her back. Cucumba let his gaurd down, falling to one knee, his energies utterly spent.

"Too bad I'm not human, and I don't have their pressure points," Laughed the demoness as she kneed the Admin in the face. Ryoko pulled the admin up by the collar and head butted him, then landed a vicious spinning kick to his stomach. The jade behemoth flew into the heart of the inferno, and lie quiet.

"Heh, not to bad," said Ryoko. "Still, I expected more than that."

She nursed her wounded left wrist, it was still holding. Luckly, the big green jerk hadn't figured out her weakness. She turned, and walked a bit, looking down at her wrist, then stopped. Several ghostly druids had appeared in the moment she was looking down, and they did not react to her. They all walked by, each in turn, casting not a glance at the she devil. Their tattered, moldy green robes smelled of rot and corruption, and the very air grew rank and stagnant with their approach. How had they survived that blast? They walked to the edge of the fire and began their ceremony. She thought she could smell seawater on them. Ryoko could only sense bad things from this display, and charged the head preist, only to slice at thin air . . . the phantoms were nothing more than illusions. As Ryoko suffered in indecision, the chanting started . . .

Cucumba was burning alive, his skin bubbled and his corporeal body screamed with pain, even if his mouth did not. But even now, he struggled with a greater battle, one that might alter the future of forumscant if it were lost.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cucatoth P'kyl wgah'nagl fhtagn! So from the wells of night to the gulfs of space, and from the gulfs of space to the wells of night, ever the praises of Great Cucatoth, of Cheeseyhothep, the crawling cheddar, and him who is not to be named. Ever there praises, and abundance to Hsu Mamabearath, the black bear of the woods. Iä! Hsu Mamabearath, the bear with a thousand young!"

Deep in the fire, an ancient evil began to stir, and the thing that was once Cucumba was once again what it was before . . . the battle was lost.

"And it has come to pass that the lord of the woods, being seven and nine, down the onyx steps, and past the plateu of Leng, tributes to him in the Gulf, Majin_Youathoth, he whom of thou has taught us marvels! . . ."

Ryoko heard an inhuman howl mixed with the voice of the fallen admin, and she knew she must do something . . . She began to fire blasts of energy into the fire, hoping to stop whatever was happening. When the roar came again, she took to the air, and to her horror, the sun was eclipsed, and the moon was full in the east . . .

"UNTIL THE STARS ARE RIGHT!"

What the hell is happening here!

The stars above were moved, or was it an illusion from the heat of the inferno? Had she lost her mind from lack of oxygen? Stars? It was daytime!

"Iä! Hsu Mamabearath, the bear with a thousand young!"

When she rose over the smoke of the ruin of their battle, she saw the ancinet horror, bathed in moon light, flying up, it's wings rapped tightly around it in some sort of inverted dive. At it's apex, the thing in moonlight opened its wings, and swooped towards her in a spin, parting the smoke clouds beneath. She could make out tentacles on it's back, each with a razor sharp spade shaped blade. She once again ignited her energy sword.

The ancient horror roared once more, the trapped scream of the jade behemoth and the roar of an elephant ending in a strange but chilling whale song . . it was the most unreal thing she had ever witnessed. She flew in close, and struck for the wings; the sooner it was grounded, the better. The mad old one deftly side stepped, and whipped its tentacles over its shoulder. The space pirate struck again, the horror now illuminated by her energy blade. It's inhuman face held nothing but contempt and anger . .

The monster once again dodged, and Ryoko felt her side get smashed with one of the tentacles. She fell as the ground spun up to meet her.

She pulled herself up, quickly, and gasped when the tentacle wrapped around her neck.

"Hey, I'm . . . not that kind . . . of . . . girl."

The horror observed her for a moment, confusion passed it's features briefly, and Ryoko used that moment to fire energy bolts from her hair, severing the tentacles. The pirate raced skyward.

Ryoko could see it below as she regained flight, and saw the tentacles racing towards her with their wicked blades. The blaze highlighted the creature below, a hellish site if ever there was one. The space pirate dodged the first few, pulling her body out of the way, twisting and ducking. Then the ancient horror flew through the tangle of his own tenticles and hit her with a right hand punch that knocked her teeth loose in their sockets. Her jaw fell open from the force of the second blow, a left hook to her ribs. She dodged back, firing a few rapid energy attacks, which the monster deflected with it's tenticles. She sliced into a tangle of tentacles chopping them free from the beast. The creature let out it's horrible, unearthly wail once again.

The forest below erupted into new fires as the wayward energy attacks ripped up the canopy.

More tentacles sprung from it's back to replace those that had been severed. And they now engaged Ryoko in a spectacular arial display . . . the dance of death had begun, and one partner would not survive.

The space pirate severed tentacle after tentacle, chopping at the beast's weapons with every ounce of strength she had. They began to learn her pattern of attack, and deftly dodged and countered themselves, nicking her face, arms and torso. Ryoko neatly dodged one that nearly scalped her, but two more ripped across her chest, carving huge gaping wounds there. Blood showered on the conflageration below, and the she devil gripped her chest in pain. The space pirate fell once more. The creature seemed intent on destroying her above all other destractions, and lumbered through the fires and broken trees directly towards her. She got to her feet quickly; despite the blood, the wound was not as deep as the creature would have hoped. It stoped thirty feet from her. The creature's tentacles whipped up and down, kicking up dust as it destroyed trees. Ryoko stood wearily, clutching her wounded chest with her free hand.

The beast unleashed it's attack; a single tenticle tore through the earth at the demoness. Ryoko sidestepped it with ease, and a tree, born thousands of years before, was felled by a single stroke.

The fires grew near this new place of battle, and dust still fell from the sky from the Green Machine's failed pikka flash.

Ryoko rushed in, dodging a few tentacles intent on running her through, hoping that she would score the killing blow. One tentacle followed her back. She exlaimed in suprise when the wretched, feotid smelling appendage wrapped itself about her head, and constricted. Before she could think of slicing at it, the tenticle tossed her carelessly to terra, and there she lie prone. When the demoness sat up, she knew that her stiuation had become perilous. She felt a tentacle rip through her abdomen, out her back, and wailed in pain as blood spurted from her mouth. The beast swung her through the air and slammed her to the ground once again.

Ryoko was still.

The beast lifted her up, and made its hands into a spear shape . . . aimed for her head. The creature stopped as Ryoko lazily opened one eye to the monster. It ripped it's tenticle out, causing her to scream with pain once more. The tentcles retracted, and the wings pulled in, and the horrible face was replaced with that of the jade behemoth once again.

" . . . "

"Go . . on . . . finish it," wheezed Ryoko.

"No . . I have use for you yet."

The administrator picked up the pirate . . .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Weee i cant believe I won one! I will put my all into our final round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom