Getting game listed in serverlist

Best answers
Well title almost sais it all, i got my self a little server, but when i tried to test it people could only connect if i gave them the ip, otherwise they simply couldn't find the server.

main port is on 27016 and i forwarded all needed ports, the computer which hosts connects to the net trough a lan connection.

INTERNET
|
|
\ Internet primairy pc
|
\ Server

now it can host the game and people can connect, yet the server doesn't get listed in the serverlist (for excample at the ASE)

any one knows how to fix?

Best answers
I'm confused as to your (internet -> primary pc -> server). Are you using an internet sharing connection? for example [internet -> ISC computer -> another computer connected to the ISC (which could be your server)]

Hmmm... are these people connecting to your computer on a LAN, or from the net?

Best answers
well i have the same problem , and i dint figure it out . the only way to join your server is by name

Best answers
yes the primairy computer shares the internet connection by LAN, others can join the game from the INTERNET so all ports should be ok.

but they don't get listed in the serverlist (eg ASE).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
if you will do FILTER\MOD\ESF you will see that there
Iis only one ESF server listed in HALF\ESF
just tell your friends and yourself to use The AllSeeingEye
I cant seem to figure out a better way to be in the serverslists...

Best answers
AllSeeingEye or GameSpyArcade are good ones. I'm also thinking that perhaps your hostname may be showing up as "Half-Life" and that you don't know it. The default server name for dedicated is "Half-Life" unless u specify otherwise in your server.cfg .

This won't be the case, though, if you are setting up the game thru the Internet Games -> Create Game menu.

Try to view with one of the programs I mentioned. If you can't find it with that, then something isn't broadcasting correctly. And typically, its not the "games fault". Its the server machine's config that is the problem.

Best answers
uhuh, i think it's the port forwarding, i'm gonna buy a router to make it a little easier :) and pray it works :)

anyway thanks for the help.

Though i thought i mentioned people could join if i gave ip, so it's findeble, and i already know about the All seeying eye (mentioned in first post).

anyway, asked around at other forums, and i think it's a lan problem with forwarding ports which i can't fix.

Miki800: i haven't seen a more useless post in ages :\ read before posting please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom