Difficult to target on my server?

Best answers
I tried searching but couldnt come up with what I needed. I have a dedicated esf server, no special config settings in the server.cfg, but I do have a freshly installed adminmod. Its incredibly hard to target someone , and usually takes about 15 or more tries of clicking like mad to get the target box to show up around the target. Is there anything I can do about this, or am I outta luck? I wouldn't doubt it if adminmod is the cause of my problems, but if I can adjust this with a setting of some type I'd prefer to do that of course instead of uninstalling.

Best answers
question: is this a steam server?
this because it is a know bug in steam.

Best answers
hrm could be your adminmod then, otherwise it would be some sort of a riddle which the clue remains unknown to me.

Best answers
Off Topic: You host the CyberStations server? I think it was you I suggested to come here..hehe..

On Topic: As I *think* I said to you in your server, I'm pretty sure it's the newest version of metamod. I remember reading in some threads a few months back (maybe less) that a bunch of people were getting their hit boxes size reduced by it, thus making it harder to target. I don't however remember the solution to the problem.:(

Best answers
Yes thats me... unfortunately I haven't had any luck as of yet. I suppose I am just going to leave it as is for the time being until I think of some alternative to fix the problem. I like adminmod because I am familiar with it so its hard to leave it for something else ;D

Best answers
Ask the owner/admin of the StarGate server. I heard he has a cvar that makes it harder to target for melee. That may be a rumor though. But it is difficult to target at StarGate.

Best answers
If it can't be fixed just hold down the button to target. It targets faster.

Best answers
Major Goober said:
If it can't be fixed just hold down the button to target. It targets faster.
I actually believe it targets faster if you keep clicking, as it works better for me, but who knows.:p

Best answers
Well with holding down your mouse 1 to target, you risk swooping as soon as you target, and that could lead to you getting HOW'd or something if you are close enough. I click just so I don't prematurely swoop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom