I don't get it, man.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys say you have a "friendly thing" with the "other mod," but they don't seem to think very highly of us. I'm putting out an E-zine soon and was looking for amusing forum posts and I happened upon this one:

[url]http://dmz.flagrun.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10849[/url]

Now, granted this will probably get closed, and likely for the better but I actually have a question.

The ESF devs have said in the past that there is some bleed over, and that occasionally the two teams have helped each other. Respect for their work is upheld here but nobody seems to mind over there; why help or be nice at all? I mean, I understand the "no posts about this" policy because it'd make our forum as pointless as the thread I just alluded to. But the overall point is...why reward such clear disrespect with assistance and credit...?

Best answers
well these are just forum members not dev members :S some fools are always talking about this subject , just 2 mods SO WHAT life with it..

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The dev teams for both mods are friendly, and civil towards each other. But are you trying to say that we, here at the esf forums, don't make fun or call dmz crappy? Because if so, then stop. Because you're wrong.

There are people, on both sides, that rag on each others mods. Are they part of the dev team? No. They are just little immature kids who feel it necessary to flame one mod on the others' forums.

This is why we don't allow threads such as these. Because both teams want to keep civility between the two mods. And as you saw in the thread you supplied, it was also closed to prevent any further flaming.

Much as this topic will get.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In addition, I'll note that the DMZ forum staff was far more tollerant of flaming while I was lurking there a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom