Wall Jumps

Best answers
So what do you guys think of wall jumping? I think it's sweet and it's gonna make for some even sweeter melee fights. I think it'll also probally be used as an escape to quickly dodge a beam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quickly dodge a beam? That jump took a long time >_>.

Best answers
Well they said the longer you hold jump, the farther you fly

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
beamjump unused?!? i use the beamump all the time while i melee..... i was think that u should be able to beamjump with 1 hand and then swoop at sum1 while flying up at them like when chibi goku killed king piccolo.....anyways....walljumping looks like another awesome effect to use while melee-ing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i think its cool but does this mean more animations for modelers?i think it will be very useful:D

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walljump is actually a bit more useful then you think, saying it uses no KI. I find myself using it a lot when i'm being meleed and i'm out of ki, sometimes it helps, other times i just jump off the wall then they slam my ass back into it.
On a side note though, I sent masta another clip showing off some new flying animations (not what you think, a new system i implemented), and a better representation of walljumping using frieza + gohan, instead of the goku you've been seeing the last past couple months :)
And like usual, props to DT for the awesome anims ^_^

Edit in reply to MP: The build the footage was recorded with didnt have my latest code, you can only hold onto the wall for about 1.2 seconds max. You can also just go up to the wall and tap jump, allowing the player to instantly hop off of the wall.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well yea there will be animations for it. there are so many animations with the models in the next release, that Darktooth had trouble compiling them. Im sure hes got it undercontrol by now though.

as for the video, i think it will be a useful feature. from what i see in the video, you can hang on to the wall for as long as you please. (i hope not, but it just looks as if it were that way.)
at any rate, progress is progress. :]

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[r4p3]! said:
beamjump unused?!? i use the beamump all the time while i melee..... i was think that u should be able to beamjump with 1 hand and then swoop at sum1 while flying up at them like when chibi goku killed king piccolo.....anyways....walljumping looks like another awesome effect to use while melee-ing
I'm with [r4p3]! on this one Prozac. I use beam jump all the time, expecially with the raised cost of the swoop in beta 1.2.
Lets say you have about 1/10th of your ki bar left, and you have 2 guys comming at you about to kick your ass.
You can...
a) Attempt to swoop away for 1 - 1.5 seconds, and then get your ass kicked
b) Jump, then watch them follow you, and get your ass kicked
c) Just sit there and get your ass kicked
d) Use a generic beam and beamjump away quickly. This will put some distance between you and your enemys so you can recharge your KI.

I dunno about you but I'de go with d :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
id go with c, anyways , i think its pwnage that theyre gonna add walljumps... just curious....can u wall jump in diferent directions? or is it that u walljump straight backwards?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's one of the reasons why i made another video for masta to post on the main page, he only showed walljumping strait on. You can walljump in all directions, there are 4 different animations for each direction.

Best answers
So will he post that one later or something or are you gonna torture us with the same old, OMG THAT SO AWSOME PLEASE SHOW ME MORE, and then not show us more, lol, jk

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:shocked: Wow :shocked: , I really can't wait for this next beta release, the melee is going to be extraordinary.

@ Prozac: How dare you say beamjumping is an unused extra... how dare you sir. I use beamjump quite often, good way of tricking enemies into sampling the taste of your beam, while you jet away.

Wall-jumping is going to be even better. No ki cost, good way to dodge melee/beams. Pshh I can already imagine myself getting bored and starting up a lan game of ESF to bounce off the buildings in esf_city.

Mike88, rofl, I feel your pain. Let's see the new video! If the team doesn't want to show it, then I have two very strong words for them... Come on!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Prozac said:
Like beam jumping, I think this is just gonna be another unused extra :(
WHAT!? Beam jumping unused extra!? Every single server I go to I beam jump like hell! It is the best way to get around the map without consuming excessive ki (teleport), and it is incredibly useful for dodging melee attacks when you kind of jam up. Unused extra, peh!

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
:idea: PCJoe, is it possible to implement a wall-running move for when you
go near a wall, hold jump and press and hold different directions?:scared:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dalte89 said:
:idea: PCJoe, is it possible to implement a wall-running move for when you
go near a wall, hold jump and press and hold different directions?:scared:
no... heh...

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, so when is the new wall jumping clip going to be released?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
very soon, masta should have it up on the webpage any moment now.
Edit: And it's up :)

Best answers
gee 0_o that was quick i only just finishes dl-ing the first 1.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom