1.2 With Steam With it??

Best answers
I have a easy question...for all of us people that aren't going to go to steam untill the last possible moment...could you help us out....will beta 1.2 come with steam already with it??? you know in the install file.

(i really dont know much about how this works...just wanna know if ill have to install steam by itself or will it come with 1.2???)

Best answers
uhh only official hl mods will come with a steam installer

Best answers
so that would be a no???....****!! Well what do I have to do to get steam....dont tell me that 756Megabyte Steam install.....PLEASE DONT LET IT BE THAT!!!

Best answers
nah not that one, the other one, you have differend versions, the 756mb one is the FULL install (including all official mods) you can get the regular steam (half-life too) or just the Cs - install or something differend.

read the site @ http://www.steampowered.com

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I'm not sure that steam will come with it...since ESF isn't an 'official' mod.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'll need to get steam on your own eventually. Go to the official steam website and download the version that comes with no mods installed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I installed steam several days ago ... I had to download about 10 mins at all ... I think steam copied CS and DoD (and DMC and Ricochet and HL MP) out of my HL folder and converted them into cgf filees ... so I didn't have to download these mods ... it was as fast as my HDD allowed it ... I just had to copy my ESF folder into the steam-HL folder (and added a userconfig.cfg (which is a copy from config.cfg) and I could play it

it was all done within several minutes ... I don't think I downloaded much MB, cause in this times I wouldn't have completed downloading 100MB at all ;)

and no ... ESF won't be in Steam (because it's not a retail with such rights) ... and no Steam won't be in ESF installer ... you'Ve to install them both seperatly

Best answers
man... Rage against the machine and the prodigy really kicks ass :D:D:D thats somthing new huh?!?!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>>DeMoN<< said:
man... Rage against the machine and the prodigy really kicks ass :D:D:D thats somthing new huh?!?!
Ehhh... where did that come from. My question is will there be an installer for ESF on Steam (like Steam compatible) and on WON or just for Steam.

Best answers
well i already switched to steam....its not bad...not nearly as bad as people were hyping it up to be...I was expecting my comp to countdown to 0 then implode and then melt into the abyss as soon as I installed Steam....in reality it is much better in my opinion than WON.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But u have to remember its had an insane amount of patches now sence when it first came out

it really was as bad as people said then

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
will there be an installer for ESF on Steam and on WON or just for Steam.
I think so ...
maybe there'll be one for B1.1, too (soon)

and if not, use the forum ... it helps with most problems

just wait ...

Best answers
Hibiki said:
But u have to remember its had an insane amount of patches now sence when it first came out

it really was as bad as people said then
Thats true, i got both the beta and full version. The beta actually ran better than the Full version to begin with. But then i downloaded the FULL Cs Steam and it worked GREAT (after a few weeks of updates o_O ) Then i got the full steam pack, since i was bored and i had the whole internet connection to myself. Useally share it with my bro. Updated, worked great.

Its unbeliveable when i come across ppl not knowing WTF STEAM IS ?!?!
Thats freaks me out, cuz they will fall to the ground when the won net is closed down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom