Fanstuff for official ESF! Why not?

Best answers
first,dont get me wrong.

second:
dont hit me, dont even touch me! (hehe, im weird, huh? but anyways)

i know the esf team has better things to do than toying with eye candy around.

some people around here made pretty good looking auras and beamsprites and stuff. u know, to make it look cooler; not this "simple" original esf stuff.
(cmmoon, this is no offence. it looks good, but others made better ones, coz they had the time for doing it)

i wonder why the team doesnt pick some nice fanmade features and implement em into esf.then they can focus on their work like meele stuff and animations and just whatever they want AND have a better looking game in the end.

yea, i know... i could paste these files by myself into the esf folder blah blah but why make it that hard for thousands of esf playing people? most of em dont even know there are selfmade sprites and models and whatever.but most of em say the aura right now is too.. mm.. looks kinda..freezed (u know these kind of complainments, right?)

hope you dont get me wrong and understand what i try to say.(thank god i wasnt that bad in the english lessons, so everybody would hate me now because i cant explain well what i want to say..yea.. me stupid, but enough of me!)

stop laughing!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee system is only made by pcjoe, harsens codes other stuff, they have a whole team doing different things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion the Original ESF sprites and models are the best, not to say that the other ones aren't good, they're good. I just prefer the originals.

Best answers
if esf resorted to maken te fancy stuf,it wont please everyone cause it'll look kool to som yet wierd to oters so its just best if te esf teem keep auras at te basics :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there're different problems with this suggestion (there's a suggestion section)

- if we do we would have to mention the creators in credits
- fan made models wouldn't have the new features (i.e. the animations) when we release a new beta
- not everyone likes the same models
- we would have to choose the best ones
- our modelers, spriters, skinners, animators and sound artist would be useless then
- the original models look best, move best and suit best to the game

Best answers
agreeing with nretep.....and it isn't in its final stage so all stuf that is in now is there with the eye on improvements....

Best answers
LaMM is right... It could take more than a year before the full game comes out. This is still just a beta version. There's still a lot to be done, there will be many more updates where you can fin new stuff etc. Just not in this current update. Besides ... I think the models now are looking better then ever. I prefere the originals too.

Best answers
not a suggestion peterN ^^

just wanted to know why not.. hehe.. guess its okay.. guess any mod can close it now, too^^

stop laughing, god damint!^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nretep said:
there're different problems with this suggestion (there's a suggestion section)

- if we do we would have to mention the creators in credits
- fan made models wouldn't have the new features (i.e. the animations) when we release a new beta
- not everyone likes the same models
- we would have to choose the best ones
- our modelers, spriters, skinners, animators and sound artist would be useless then
- the original models look best, move best and suit best to the game

and offcourse not to forget if u will chose a model, some ppl with start arguing why u didnt chose that model so simply said this isnt a very good idea

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do you need your model included, when people can just download and put it in anyways...

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MajinBejita said:
not a suggestion peterN ^^

just wanted to know why not.. hehe.. guess its okay.. guess any mod can close it now, too^^

stop laughing, god damint!^^

Closed on request ;)

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MajinBejita said:
i wonder why the team doesnt pick some nice fanmade features and implement em into esf.then they can focus on their work like meele stuff and animations and just whatever they want AND have a better looking game in the end.
Adding to what Nretep has already pointed out... Making a mod is a lot more than just "putting things ingame". The team members themselves are very much capable of similar enhancements, better than those which are floating around on fan-sites and the forums. They have pride in what they make, and most importantly - they have an outline to follow. If every developer in the team just started making what pleases the fans - the mod would never reach it's actual goals and gameplay would be drastically affected. That's where leaders like Mastasurf come in, it's usually upto the leader to restrict (in a way) development and make proper use of his team members to lead the mod's progress in the right direction.

All you need is patience, wait and watch how ESF fullfills all your requests for eye candy and other game enhancements in future releases. :)

Sierra Sonic said:
Melee system is only made by pcjoe, harsens codes other stuff, they have a whole team doing different things.
Ok, pardon me but I have to say something about this. I find it annoying it how people call Pcjoe the 'melee guy' just because he coded the melee system. He does a whole lot more than just the melee code! How do you know about what all Pcjoe codes? Does the ESF team release coding progress logs to the public? No - you guys just presume melee is all he does because he's well known for his melee coding. I'm not at liberty to talk publicly about what all joe has coded for ESF - but I can tell you this much: he is a full fledged coder for this mod and does a hell lot more than simply melee (and the melee system is awesome by itself as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom