Return Match: Open Challenge

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Well I'm back from the exams and glad to be rid of them! :p

In order to relax after all that studying I'm making an open challenge; I shall fight any man, woman or child that cares to accept!

.. Be gentle.. O_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who should go gentle on someone of your calibur? You were one of the few people that put up a good challenge againts Cucumba. So therefore, i will love to absorb you blood. I accept your open challenge. It's going to be hard for me to beat you, but ill try my best, so that i wont waste your time.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Ice Man said:
Who should go gentle on someone of your calibur? You were one of the few people that put up a good challenge againts Cucumba. So therefore, i will love to absorb you blood. I accept your open challenge. It's going to be hard for me to beat you, but ill try my best, so that i wont waste your time.
You aren't exactly a novice yourself, Ice Man. I've seen some of your other fights and cant wait to take you on myself. This shall be a good warm up for the Royal Rumble!

Now we just wait for a kind Ref.. :)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kind Ref?

This green devil sees this as a warm up to the rumble for both people. Prepare yourselves for the best of three rounds . . . the venue will be a broken down school with hundreds of post apocolyptic children rooting you on!

No holds are barred.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I don't want to be disrespectful, but I feel I need to ask; you sure you don't want to back out now? Some meagre skills aside, lets face it - you haven't got what it takes to go up against a true Fight Club warrior. I've tangled with the best of them and proved myself at least a match for them all, what do you have that the likes of Cucumba, Scruffie and Ryoko don't?

Back out now and maintain your honour. For if you choose to continue with this foolishness you will discover how far from your league you truly are.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You seem confident. Though you will see that im not human, but a demon itself. You speak as if you already won, but againts an opponent like you, I wont go easy. I will turn your confident expression into a look of terror. I was thinking of showing my true potential in the royal rumble, yet this battle will be worthy of it. Don't go easy on me because I'll take any advantage i can get. Life's a chessgame Engar, and you're making a crucial move. After I click the "post quick reply" button, our battle will begin. Let's make it a good one.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Steel capped boots scuff their way along the cracked tarmac of an old, forgotten road. Still far in the distance, a dark bulge, like a wart but less colourful, grows and grows as the stranger approaches. Finally, shirt ruffling in the slight breeze, he reaches the corner and turns to look on the abomination that rose up before him.

The shining glass doors have been smashed and dirtied, the ancient stonework that rises up around them cracked and untended, the games pitch off to the right fenced off and over grown. As he looks up at the towering monstrosity, something which looks to hold the very denizens of hell, the warrior says only this..

“Hasn’t changed much.”

Pushing past the rusting gates, only half noticing as one of the bars came away in his hands, Engar strode forwards across the cracked hard ground of the ‘playground.’ Away to his right: the soccer goals, the basketball court, and the janitor’s shed. Away to his left: the jungle gym, the swings, and the slide. Strolling down memory lane, rusted bar twirling between his fingers, Engar only moved in the last second – only afterwards realising he had reacted to a shadow on the ground.

The bar swung upwards and rang in his hand as it collided with a rake coming down on him. Staring right into the points of one of the spikes, Engar brought his other hand up and knocked the rake away before leaping backwards and assessing his competition.

“The name’s Ice Man, and I think you’ll find I’m more than you can handle.”

Stepping forwards, he brought the rake around in a scythe-like arc – forcing Engar to make another leap backwards and then step forwards as the rake swept away from him, rolling his body in order to bring his right leg swinging around at head level at Ice Man who leaned backwards and allowed the leg to pass by – bringing his rake up at the crucial moment to hook under Engar’s foot and pull him off his feet.

Landing hard, the trained methods of falling being only so useful on tarmac, Engar wasted a precious second in a daze and received the pole end of the rake in his stomach as a consequence. Stunned and winded, the iron rod rolled out of his grip only to be stopped abruptly. Both warriors looked up to see the group of children, hundreds of dirty, scruffy, rag wearing children, who were glaring at the two with a disturbing silent ferocity.

One boy, slightly larger than the others and brandishing one of the longer wooden rulers teachers used for drawing on the board (and occasionally scaring pupils), stepped forwards and said, in a voice as definite as it was unbroken, “You two fighting?”

Engar looked up at Ice Man, who peered down at him. Both turned to the boy and nodded. The boy in turn turned to his people and raised his staff (ruler):

“They fighting!”

Suddenly the two found themselves surrounded by a ring of children that filled the playground, cheering and chanting as they swarmed out through the broken doors and windows, though on whose side they were was unclear. Standing up, Engar quickly decided that he didn’t care. Both hands grabbed the rake and brought the blunt end up under Ice Man’s chin, causing him to let go and allowing Engar to twirl on the tips of his feet. The sharp spikes of the rake scratched along Ice Man’s back for a second, then Ice Man leapt forwards into a roll, back on his feet in a second and growling.

As Ice Man approached, feet stamping, Engar brought the rake up in defence only to have it shatter as Ice Man punched out, palm open, against the weakened wood. Engar took another step back, dropping the broken shards of the rake, then was caught by the throat by the incensed Ice Man. Dragged backwards, flailing against the vice-like grip Ice Man had, Engar could only watch the cheering, jeering crowds follow his scrabbling feet.

Before he knew what was happening he was being slammed against the metal bars of the jungle gym, feeling them press against his back as Ice Man throttled him.

“Its over my friend.”

“Not..” Engar’s scrabbling hands latched onto the back of Ice Man’s head, “yet!”

Engar brought Ice Man’s head down hard on the bar’s above his own, then pushed him away and gripped onto the bars above his head. Kicking off the ground, Engar pulled hard on the bars and flipped backwards onto the bars halfway up the gym, rocking on his feet before finding his balance.

Ice Man rubbed his head irritably, “Can’t hide up there forever.”

Engar took a couple deep, ragged breaths as he picked his way to the top of the jungle gym, then shook his head with an ironic, pained smile.

“I’ll stay up here… as long as it takes.. for you to decide.. to come and get me.”

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
before i start, engar or cucumba if youre reading this, what is post apolytic children?

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Well 'post-apocolyptic' means 'after the apocolypse', after the end of the world. So those children would be survivers of the end of the world. It would help if you had seen Futurama or something - think a tribe of violent children without adults to control them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry to keep you waiting.

It was cold, and the wind blowing harder then normal. Nothing was any intrests of Iceman except for an old abandoned school. His attention was focused away from the building when he heard something brush across the grass. "Hm.. seems like someone's following me." Iceman began walking again. Each time his foot touched the ground, it left a print of mud from the bottom of his shoe. As he reached the building, he thought twice before entering. "Man i hope i dont regret this." His hand reached to touch the rusted doorknob, but before he touched it, a small boy ran out with laughter, and the door nipped Icemans nose.

"He's happy for someone without a parent." Iceman entered the building and was amazed at what he saw. Along the left side of the halls was broken down lockers, some half shattered, some in normal condition. There was no power in the building, so the only light he saw was what was shining through the windows. Iceman heard a low tapping sound in the far right corner where a classroom was. As he entered the classroom, he noticed the tapping sound was someone writing on the chalkboard, and it read "I've been waiting for you." At the side of the chalkboard stood Engar with a meter stick made of metal twirling in his hands.

Dodging in-between desks, He made his way to Iceman and swung the metal object horizontally, but the attack came to a stop when Iceman blocked it with the back of his hand. The ice one retaliated with several blows to Engars torso and finished up his attack with a spinning right kick that sent his heel crashing into Engar's mouth. The warrior's body twirled in a 180 spin, and rolled across the ground breaking several tiles before coming to a stop beside a desk. Several kids came rushing in from different directions of the building. Most of them covered in dirt, scrapes, and bruises. Girls looked like boys due to their short hair. They looked as if they haven't tooken a bath, or changed clothes in months.

"Whats this warm feeling" Iceman looked at the back of his hand and his confident expression turned into a look of terror. His blood began rolling down to his thumb and dripped its way to the floor. "How did he? It wasn't bleeding before." His inattentive mind became his downfall, and he didn't realize that Engar was coming at him at full speed. The warriors speed, power, and agility combined as he threw a crashing punch to Iceman's eye that sent him through the doorway and landing on several children that was watching.

Several kids were laughing, yet some was rooting Engar on. "Big guy go!" was repeatidly said by the apocolyptic children. "Annoying kids", Iceman said while getting back to his feet. He placed his hand on the side of his neck and relieved himself from the cramps by rotating his head. "If it's a fight you want, a fight you will get." Iceman whiped his eye from the blood that was leaking out and planted his foot behind him. He sprinted towards Engar and swept his foot across the ground to trip him. Engar planted his feet and pushed off them to jump out of harms way. Looking to end it all, Iceman attempted to do an uppercut but it was blocked by the palm of the enimies hand. "Heh, i know this technique. It's the one you used to defeat Hwoarang." A smirk crossed Iceman's face as he leaped into the air and sent his knee into Engar's nose. The recoil of the hit sent Engar through the unstable wood of the teachers table.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great fights, but Engar's round flowed slightly better, Ice Man's had too many dramatic pauses. Engar, I would suggest concentratng on more action in subsequent rounds.

On another note, both of you did excellent with the venue, Ice Man's interaction with the children was nice, as was Engar's homage to Children of the Corn.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
“I’ll stay up here… as long as it takes.. for you to decide.. to come and get me.”

"Then let's play by your rules." Iceman started to make his way up the jungle gym. Each time he grabbed the bar and lifted himself, his body punished him, causing his head to hurt even worse. Engar was patiently waiting for Iceman to reach the top as he was plotting for his next move.

Iceman finally grasped the top bar with his right hand. In a desperation attempt to send the cold warrior back to the ground, Engar began stomping his feet where Iceman's hand was planted. His attempt failed when Iceman released his grip with his right hand, and regrabbed the bar with his left. The bar was weak due to its inactivity and poor repairments. "He's going to fall" said one of the surviving children. Engar tried a second time to stomp Iceman's hand, but failed again as the cold one grabbed his foot and pulled it towards his direction. Engar lost his balance, fell, and shattered his left elbow, as it was the first thing that landed on the metalic bars.

Iceman's body punished him again by shooting pain into his head. His attention was focused on his head, and he closed his eyes tightly to reduce the pain. Engar experienced excrutiating pain, yet got back to his feet. Choosing his steps carefully, Engar made his way back to Iceman. He threw a thunderous right kick to the in-attentive warriors head. The recoil caused Iceman to release his grip. Just before he was to hit the ground, he grabbed the second to the last bar. "That was a close one. I was sure to at least have a fractured back."

"I have to find a way to get up there without him noticing. Hey kids, that guy up there has candy!" In an instant, the kids expression turned from an exciting cheer, to a look of wild animals. They began climbing the jungle gym from all directions. Iceman knew this was his chance as his little distraction worked. As the kids climbed from the outside, he blended in with them and climbed from the inside. Engar was at the top fighting off children while Iceman finally made it to the top and appeared behind him. Engar turned around and recieved a crushing blow to the face by Iceman's fist.

Engar fell to the ground, and the dirty, beat up, smelly children piled up on his body. The weight of the children was too much for the jungle gym to handle. The bars became weak, and the jungle gym began to collapse...

-I wrote this with a head ache the size of texas. Although I had to since its the only free time that im going to have in about a week and i didnt want to keep you waiting. I can hardly think right now, so my writing is impared.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
OOC: If it is ok with Cucumba, I'd say that - if you want - you should rewrite your post. Its not that there is anything wrong with it, it's damn good, but I want you to fight me at your best. :)

So if you're feeling better and Cucumba agree's, rewrite it and we'll conclude this fight with honour.

In the west the sun was beginning to set, its burning light turning the wasteland surrounding the school blood red. The school itself glowed in the light, every shard of glass a tiny star that glowed amongst the lengthening shadows. From Engar’s detached point of view – perched on the peak of the jungle gym – it looked almost beautiful and that was a damn-sight better than how it had looked in the time before the world had ‘moved on’.

A faint grunting caught Engar’s attention and he looked down, berating himself for his absent mindedness, at the cheering crowds and the face of Ice Man – halfway up the gym. Engar’s only advantage was time, Ice Man’s strength and agility were greater though the blow to the head had obviously slowed him down a bit. With quick wits that had been trained by previous fights, Engar looked down at the short, stout bars that joined together beneath his feet to form the gym.

His eyes closed and Engar forced his breathing to calm, forcing thoughts of the approaching warrior away. He called upon a force that he had first encountered in his fight against Cucumba, a power that forced him to get up against all odds. A power that Cucumba could wield with ease. Ki.

Ice Man reached the apex of his climb and, ignoring Engar’s peculiar stance – on his knees, staring downwards – brought his right hand down in a chopping motion. Engar heard it and focussed.

One hand, palm open, blurred downwards and caught the left hand side of one bar which buckled and snapped, rust coming away. Then his right hand came down and grabbed the other side, pulling the bar away from the metal that held it with an eerie calm and blocking the blow with the bar held between his hands. It had all taken less than two seconds.

Ice Man’s hand hooked under the bar and flicked it up out with Engar’s grasp, his other hand hooking around only to be deflected with Engar’s right. His left, which had been drawing back as he deflected, came out over the right arm in an attempt to unbalance his opponent but Ice Man had caught the bar as it dropped and knocked Engar’s left away easily enough.

Standing, Engar nodded his head like a duellist showing admiration for his opponent, then turned and ran down the gym. His feet dropped from bar to bar then, nearly halfway down, he leapt and bent his legs in preparation for the shock of the fall. Prepared or no, it still hurt like hell to land and he succeeded in going over his ankle as a price for it. Surrounded by mocking children, Engar picked himself up off the ground and rubbed his scrapped hands together before limping off in the direction of the swings.

All too soon Ice Man was upon him, the crowds of jeering faces turning even more malevolent and for a second reflecting the shape behind Engar, he ducked just under the swing of the bar and caught it with bright red hands as it passed by, wrenching it from his grip and hurling it to the side. Then he took another step back, trying to keep his weight off his right leg.

Before his quick wits could react, Ice Man was moving. Engar leaned out of the path of one fist and nudged the other upwards out his path only to duck as Ice Man twirled on his nimble feet and swung his right arm out at head height. At this point, Ice Man temporarily off balance, Engar forced his pained knees into action and rose up with an uppercut that could have ended it if Ice Man hadn't allowed himself to fall back.

Landing on his hands and the heels of his feet, Ice Man kicked out savagely and connected with Engar’s bad ankle with sickening accuracy, sending pain coursing up through his leg and into his body. Stumbling backwards, Engar caught his right boot in a crack and went over backwards onto the hard tarmac.

He wasn’t aware that Ice Man was up on his feet until he felt the warrior’s foot connect with his stomach – a wise precaution, to make sure Engar wasn’t faking hurt. Then Engar saw one foot rise up above his head, dust and dirt flaking onto his cheek.

“I end this now Engar, you shall perish and I shall grow stronger through your blood!”

Once again there was that odd feeling of blurring as some subconscious part of him focussed in on his Ki, bringing it to bear for another flash of power. The foot came down with a crack – on the ground. Engar was already pushing himself onto his one good foot with cold anger in his eyes.

Ice Man's right arm swept around at a chop at Engar’s neck which was blocked almost too easily, as if he barely needed to move to stop the blow, his right hand catching his knee as Ice Man hopped forwards and brought it up, then Engar’s left hand coming down to catch the leg as it swung at Engar’s midsection. Hopping back, still on his good foot, Engar knocked Ice Man’s left hook away with his right hand, deflected Ice Man’s open palmed blow with his left and then truly concentrated once again. There was another moment of blur, like a collection of freeze-frame images of Engar’s right hand level with his face, then drawn back palm open..

"Not today," whispered Engar..

..then smacking into the centre of Ice Man’s chest that a gust of wind rippled outwards and Ice Man soared backwards through the air and landed in a skidding roll by the swings.

For a moment the crowd that surrounded him was silent.

Then the roar of approval swept outwards.

Engar seemed to glow for a second, then the energy faded and he collapsed to his knees. For those few seconds that the encounter had taken he had been burning pure, untrained Ki. As the children danced and chanted around him, Engar reflected that it had almost killed him..

“What’s all the celebration about?!”

It couldn’t be..

But it was.

Ice Man was standing, however shakily, and slowly but surely approaching. His left arm was a mess of blood where he had landed and hanging loosely but, not stopping, he gripped it hard in his right and with a savage jerk popped it back into place. Engar forced himself back onto his feet, swaying and seeing double from the lack of energy and, as Ice Man began to run with both hands raised and fingers poised like claws, glanced to his side at the little leader of the pack.

He turned back and grinned into the face of death embodied in the leaping Ice Man.

Just one more time..

His hands blurred and for an instant the seemed to be, at one and the same time, both flat beside his hips and holding the metre stick of the pack leader. It slammed into the stunned Ice Man and Engar, too tired to do anything else, fell backwards and heaved the bending stick as hard as he could. Somehow it held and as Engar dropped to the ground, staring up into the first stars of the night, Ice Man flipped once and landed face down on the ground.

The metre stick landed by the chief’s feet. He picked it up and twirled it once, then turned back over his shoulder at the suddenly silent crowd. He pointed at both warriors with his staff, now slightly bent.

“They’re gonna sleep with us tonight. Maybe not tomorrow. But tonight.”

Soon the two warriors and the children were gone, nothing left but for the broken bars and the glass twinkling up at the stars which twinkled down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
engar ure a wonderful opponent. ill get right to it :D

-thnx man.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-sorry for double posting-

i will be satisfied with my original story, though i think it wont be enough. i will have to leave it at that since i wont have time to come up with a better one. *took me a week to finish my story with vejimaru*. but i promise that we will have a rematch in the near future. im looking foward to seeing you in the royal rumble. and who knows, we might be the final two ;)

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Well.. if you're absolutely sure. Its been a privilege to fight with you. :)

And no matter what the outcome of this fight, it'd be great to have a rematch against you and I really hope we meet in the 'Rumble'!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Engar wins the match, his post was better, though it bears mention that you were not at 100% at the time of your post. Engar used some excellent dramatic techniques, and he tried really hard to keep the opponent competent throughout his story. Ice Man, you writing is certainly improving, and Engar isn't exactly a lightweight in the fight club; it was an excellent match.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*giggles*

nice one engar. thou shall add to your reputation points. ive only accepted this match to test my abilities, but they've proven not to be good enough for a man of your ability. it's been nice battling you.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Ice Man said:
*giggles*

nice one engar. thou shall add to your reputation points. ive only accepted this match to test my abilities, but they've proven not to be good enough for a man of your ability. it's been nice battling you.
You too Ice Man, I must say again that it was a pleasure to go up against you and hope to meet you again in the Rumble.

And of course I couldn't go without thanking Cucumba for reffing, thanks a lot! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom