Defecting?!? Magus, we need to have a little talk.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure, it's fun being a part of the only fight club faction at the moment, but I think we need a good old rivalry. Here's where I come in. I'm starting a new faction, but before I do so, I will take on the founder of VVU. Magus, if I remember correctly, that's you. If not, then I'll still fight you anyways, then take on the leader. This will be my very last fight wearing the Verbal Violence United tag, afterword I shall start the new faction which shall remain un-named until the conclusion of this momentous battle!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL!

I have to referee this battle.

Best of three rounds, as usual. Stipulations? It will be a "I quit!" match. You must write in your opponent begging for mercy at the end!

The venue will be a lonely stretch of the "information superhighway" that goes through some wooded hills with steep, rocky canyon walls on either side. It is dusk, by all means, describe your fly rides.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Hey Esa?"

you say that like white-trash ;) Or shall I say... Russian?
In any case, if I fail to school you my grandmother will finish the task. Trust me, she pwns

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Miroku leaned against his customized black Pontiac Sunfire, basking in the red rays of the dusky sun. This had always been his favorite time of the day, when the sun herself descended to let the stars have their turn in the sky. A small light streaked across the sky, Miroku studying it closely. "I envy you, Falling Star. You seem so small, yet if you were to pay is a visit, you would change so many lives. Catalyst..."

"Miroku, you going crazy?"

He turned to see Magus standing next to a teal clone of his car. "Damn, I was distracted so much I didn't see you pull up. So you borrowed your sis' car?"

"Yep. What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Eh, that will come later. How long is this canyon road? 10 miles? How would you like to have a little race? Turn your Mod Com-Link to our private channel though."

Magus pushed a button on the badge pinned to his chest. "Let's go!"

They both dashed into their cars and started them up. "Ready, go!!!!"

Squealing tires and revving engines echoed off the canyon walls, resounding a thousand times over.

Miroku quickly pulled into the lead, having just a couple more years driving experience than Magus, but that lead was diminishing quicker than Mango joke's humor. Within the first minute of the race, both cars were zooming down the road parallel to eachother. "Magus, we both know that we're strong, right?"

"Yeah."

"And that we both can take a lot of damage, right?"

"Yeah... what are you getting at?"

"I just want you to understand then why I am going to do this..." Miroku gave the wheel a quick tug to the left and slammed into Mag's car. Metal on metal, Miroku pulled the wheel harder until his car was choking Mag's car to the cliff's wall. Miroku pulled back to the right and forward to see Mag's car flipping out of control in the rear-view mirror. After rolling a few times, it slammed into the right cliff-face and exploded.

"Magus, I'm sorry... This board has been set for a long time, why must I be the one to start the chaos?" Miroku glanced into the rear-view mirror once more to see a streak fly out of the explosion that reminded him of the falling star. Miroku pulled over and got out of the car just in time for the streak to slam him into the cliff-face. The streak charged back and slammed into Miroku again, driving him further into the cliff. With a third charge, a landslide buried Miroku and slammed down onto his car, destroying it.

The streak backed slowly away, the energy fading back, revealing Magus. "Miroku, wtf was that? I don't underst...." One of the fallen rocks, about basketball sized, found it's target in Mag's face silencing him. Two more followed, crashing into Mag's ribs and stomach. With a scream of pain, Magus fell to the ground and glanced at the rockslide. There were now five floating boulders, twirling around Miroku's dark figure.

"Magus, do you believe in fate? I used to think it didn't exist, but recent events are teaching me otherwise. All I know is that things are going to change, and I must be a part of the change..."

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like Miroku's start better, but Magus' round was better on the whole. Magus takes this round.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
“You see that dialer over there Magus?” Miroku questioned, pointing at a nearby bikini screensaver download.

“No, what are you talking about dude?” Magus asked in retort.

“Aha, you don’t see it. It’s there alright. The second you run that program your modem will dial long distance number to rack up your telephone bill. I’ve had a couple problems with these before.” The sadistic smile became even more contemptuous. “Now…” Miroku walked over to a nearby IRC chat room with names made of random characters, “these are bots from all over the country who happen to be infected. On command, they will all begin mass packeting any specified target. This is known as a DOS, or Denial Of Service attack.” With a quick flick, Miroku flug a small red dart at Magus, sticking him in the shoulder. “Guess who the target is now?”

In an instant thousands of packets started to smash into Magus. They were small packets, not enough to do any damage, but the sheer number of them could lock up anything, great or small. No matter how hard he strained, Magus couldn’t force his way out of the torrent of scattered data. Then, a quick smile flashed across the young of the M’s lips as an idea came to mind. “You’re not the only script kiddie around here, Miroku…”

“Eh, script kiddie? You insult me. I know how it works.” Miroku pursed his lips in a psuedo-hurt manner.

“Either way, you’re toast man.” Magus’ smile turned into a Cheshire styled grin.

“Whatever you say kid.” Miroku fell into his combat stance.

Magus jumped down face forward, pushing the button on his communicator between him and the smooth asphalt of the Information SuperHighway. “E-Mail Bomb Miroku. Subject: ‘Eat this ***** :D’ 1000 copies.”

The first E-mail Bolt struck hard, sending violent shudders through Miroku’s body. With little time to prepare, Miroku barely dodged the second only to be nabbed by the third and fourth. The sky became brighter and brighter as E-mails flashed down to Miroku, some missing, most hitting. By the 54th, Miroku lost all strength and collapsed, the rest of the E-mails striking without relent.

“What was that command again? ****, should have payed more attention during briefing… oh yeah… Firewall UP!!!” A fiery shield, generated by the S-Moderator badge surrounded Magus, destroying packets as they attacked. “Hm…. It’s still very annoying, even if all these packets are being blocked… Wait, I’ve got it. Magus removed his badge and chucked it at the IRC room, blocking all the packets at the source with the shield of fire. “E-mail stop!”

MS Sams voice replied “E-mail aborted at message 548.”

Magus walked over to Miroku’s smoldering body, a strange stench coming from him. “That doesn’t smell hum…!” A charred arm grabbed Mag’s leg and threw him into #EVM. Standing up and shaking like a dog, the black soot fell from Miroku. He followed Magus into #EVM.

Pointing at the slightly dazed Smod, Miroku smiled and told all the idlers, “Hey guys, this is Magus from the ESF-Forum Staff. He’s been the person closing all your guy’s threads. What should we do about that?” Magus found himself in the middle of a storming pre-pubescent riot, the young pre-teen hormones taking control of all the young boys. One jumped onto his shoulders and began pulling out his hair while another bit at his shins. A third dug his fingernails deep into the soft flesh of Mag’s neck as a large group threw whatever they could at him. The crowd grew larger as more joined the channel, and Maggie quickly disappared beneath a sea of pimply flesh. Miroku leaned up against Chanserv and whispered “Kickban everyone except Magus.” The sea of flesh quickly dissipated leaving Magus and Miroku alone in the channel.

Miroku chuckled…

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL, I liked both. Magus, your story would have won if Miroku's madness was a little more understandable. You have fallen into the classic time travel paradox trap.

At any rate, lets see this on to round three, Miroku wins this round.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus, though beaten and torn, would not give up. With much strain, he managed to stand up. "You never told me what the hell is going on." Magus sputtered these blood-laden words.

"Yes I did. You just didn't listen." Miroku's handsome smirk was one that rivaled the Morning Star.

"All you did was give me a lesson about viruses." More words laced with blood, the remnants dribbling out of the corner of Magus's mouth.

"Exactly."

The shock hit Magus much like the shock of finding out the girl you just hooked up with was your sister. Eyes widened and jaw dropped, it was easy to see his disbelief. But this was only for an instant, because as quickly as he let it out, Magus brought it back in to hide it. "I see. Who created you?" No more bloody words, Mag was careful to not let his split lip open again.

Miroku glanced around his surroundings, the channel of EVM. "Well... God created me. But some people improved on me, made me better than God's original design. Much like they did ESF. But they aren't happy with the rejection they've been getting here. Oh no they aren't."

"Enough!!" Magus bull rushed Miroku, but in the instant contact was about to be made, Miroku flipped over the might SMod, grabbing him by the shoulders mid-flip. Miroku's feet touched the ground and with a little effort, flung Magus forward, out of the IRC Protocol and into Awol's FTP.

"Hm... I've never been here. The stupid 56k keeps me from doing anything worthwhile here. Now that's changed..." At his own mention of his slow connection, Miroku's devilish smirk faded into a bored smug. But Magus' take on the mention of the snail-like speed was much different.

It looks like I've got only one advantage over him... I've got to use it. Magus reached over and pushed a green button, one that started a particularly large download. In a blure he ran down the hall, pushing more and more of these buttons, until all of Awol's slots were taken up. But it wasn't Magus that was downloading these files. The large streams of data were flowing into Miroku, bogging him down. Magus reached down to unsheathe his ban dagger, but quickly put it back. Miroku's still in there, I can feel it. I can't kill him. Magus dashed to Miroku, grabbed him by his left arm, twirled a la Mario vs. Bowser style, and threw Miroku out of the server. Contracting all the muscles in his legs and digging his feet into the ground, Magus jumped explosively towards the Fallen Angel. The space between the two warriors grew a lot smaller with every millisecond until Magus had reached his destination. Interlocking the fingers on his hand, Magus struck Miroku down with a double handed smash. Miroku crashed into the ground, creating a small crater, as Magus landed softly next to him. "Miroku, I know you're in there. Fight it."

"I... I..." Miroku pulled himself out of the crater, a move that took more effort than he wished, "I ... Why w...d I fi.. ght... That wh... ich... makes me st... onger..?" His lagged words were silenced as Miroku tensed all his muscles then relaxing them. A yellow light emanated from him, then instantly split upand begain to zoom down all the streams originating from Awol's FTP, destroying the data.

With a quick glance around, Miroku saw they were back at the ESF's entrance, their journey had come full circle. "Interesting that we've come back. You unsheathed your dagger earlier only to put it back. Why?"

"I thought you were still alive in that body of yours. Now I realize that anything left of you is dead."

"A silly notion. Of course I am me. I understand why you dislike this change of mine though. I don't think I'd like you anymore if you were trying to kill me. Why don't you try?"

Magus unsheathed his ban dagger, this time with little hesitation. I've got no choice, this is for his own good. Magus took a couple of practice slashes, then retreated to Gryffin form. Miroku unsheathed his dual daggers and took the compliment of Gryffin form, Dragon form. Magus gracefully attacked with Lion's paw, but was blocked with Dragon's tail. Miroku countered with Dragon's tallon, but that was stopped by Eagle's beak. The two Warriors moved fluidly around, each master of his own form. A small group of friends who were about to enter the forum stopped and watched this lovely dance, the SModerator's movement like that of two butterflys floating in a slight breeze. And with the ban daggers being so close to home, their power tripled, making this last encounter a high-stakes one. "Magus, you're doing impressive. It's so heartwarming to see that you've mastered Gryffin. But as always, I'm never satisfied with something until I've changed it to my own." Miroku flipped back onto a small statuette of Vegeta that adorned the ESF entrance. He charged the same yellow energy as before, focusing it into his daggers. "It's a shame my Dragon's Breath attack must be used on a fellow SModerator..." He slashed a yellow X into the air with the daggers and it floated toward the agape Magus, striking him in the chest.

"Wait, that was weak! Ha, you need to improve on that attack Miroku..."

"Do I?"

The glowing X erupted, showering Magus with fire. The more Miroku focused the stronger the inferno became until the fire's of hell were icy compared to it.

"I... I... GIVE UP!!! PLEASE NO MORE MIROKU!!!!!!"

"Never. I love to see yo..."

A green streak plowed into Miroku, knocking off the king of saiyans followed by a blue streak. The two powerful admins, Deverz and Cucumba quickly took away his ban daggers and put him in restraints. Two more streaks flew into the fire, rescuing Magus.

"Majin and Hsu, you guys take Magus to the infirmary, me and Deverz will take Miroku and isolate him until we can get a program to clean him."

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus, excellent post, and you would have won if not for one little detail.

You forgot to make Miroku beg for mercy at the end :\

The round goes to Miroku, who also wrote an interesting though less descriptive round.

It is time for some post fight shennaningans? Is it not?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And so it begins. A new faction, splitting off the first. Those who talked about joining it can now come out of hiding. We'll rise over VVU, we definately will. It's all just a matter of time.

And seeing how we're all in the Royal Rumble, I can imagine that can get hellish for those unaffiliated or unallied with us ;)
<hr>

o_O does gg mean good game or good God?

Either way, your round was definately superior, I crapped a brick when I read it. But yeah, see the importance of how following rules goes? Even the best of fighters can lose on a technical mistake. This especially will go for the Royal Rumble I imagine.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba had asked both faction leaders to the hall of the moderators after the events of their mission. They sat silently, their anger brewing inside. The super mods sat a distance away from eachother, the occasional sideways glance thrown carelessly towards a former comrade.

When he arrived, he had a troubled look on his face. The mighty adminsitrator had delved deeply in the activity logs and knew precisely what had happened.

"Miroku . . . ," began the administrator.

The faction leaders hung on his word, and readied themselves for the lecture.

Instead Cucumba rushed forward, pulling his Moderator belt from the folds of his robe and clubbed Miroku, knocking him for a loop in the air. The super mod flipped through the air and landed in a heap, blood flowing from the cut on his forehead.

Magus looked at Miroku in shock, then realized his misfortune. The supermod stood up to defend himself, but it was too late, and the Admin was upon him.

Cucumba kicked Magus in solar plexus. The super mod gasped for air desperately as the jade behemoth laughed.

"Factions? Don't make me laugh. Factions denote power, and there is only one power in forumscant worth bothering with. You have both forgotten that the Administration is above such foolish delusions of grandeur," Cucumba said as he slammed the belt into Magus' temple. He walked over to Miroku, and stepped on his head, liberally applying pressure.

"So let this be a lesson to you both, play as you like, but don't cross the boss. I'll be watching you."

Cucumba left his examples to bleed upon the ancient stonework.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So Cucumba was afraid of others gaining power, power he could not regulate. That was fine by Miroku. Power isn't always something that's handed out from those who have it to those who don't. No, sometimes it is something that needs seizing. Never for petty things either, like the ability to close threads or create stickies or warn people when they misbehave. Power that must be seized is power that is important, power for the Fight Club.

Miroku removed his old name tag, the one that linked him to Cucumba's delegated powers of moderatorship. A new name was created, one that mixes both the hellish power of Demons with the subtle but effective qualities of Angels.

Deman had been planning something like this for a lengthy amount of time, he already had contacted those who had like ideas when it came to power... Time for them to rise...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom