1.2 installer vs evm

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, is 1.2 going to be like evm when it comes out? where we have to extract the files or w/e, becaues im not really a computer wizz and i couldnt figure out how to get evm to work or anything....so i was hoping 1.2 would be easier than evm to start.... o_O

Best answers
i think it will be exactly like the 1.1 update, completely automated.
with an install wizard

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damh yeah I hope it isn't like EVM but yeah ESF pwnz it!

lol

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd imagine you'd download the 1.2 update and it would be an executable that updates your ESF directory to the latest version....much like the 1.1 update for 1.0.

Besides that, EVM is server-side for the most part, ESF is not.

Best answers
Yes, it's good that it's completely automated. Because I can't get that EVM working either. suxXx

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so basically.... when it comes out, i download it, and play it? i started playing esf when 1.1 was out so i never had to download it o_O. my friend had it on a disc so i just dled it from that...

Best answers
yes thats right u will download it and it will be a setup and than it will update ur esf file.....will the next version of esf be on steam or WON.......srry if i sounded like a mod

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It will be on Steam. And basically it will be an installer (both update patch and full install) just like the other updates ;).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2 vs evm is such an unfair comparision

i mean theres no reason to say evm is better

who is gonna use the old melee compared the hella bad ass new melee style?? not to mention the new maps, features, updates, fixes just no competition

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystacx said:
i think it will be exactly like the 1.1 update, completely automated.
with an install wizard
yeeah and hopefully I have to upload it another 6 hours (the full version)

Yes it'll be like the B1.1 installer (just made by me ....) ... for sure there'll be a lil difference ... but basically it'll be the same

we're trying to make it as easy as possible for everyone ... (I get sick of the amount of threads in help section)
and I think there'll be a WON and a steam installer for B1.2 (if WON still exists then)

Hibiki ... he wasn't comparing ESF B1.2 to EVM (as the topic said) ... he compared their installing methods

Best answers
EVM Client shouldn't even be called a client. I mean the only thing it really does is give you a bunch of open folders for you to put your own models into. A new sound for each of the transformations, and a new aura. The rest is run through 4 servers that lag like hell. They are being really hush hush about the SP that would include the code and .dll files for us to make our own servers (obviously). However, Some people are saying it will only work on Linux.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
k, i just wanna be clear on this, i can download it...then i just click on the esf shortcut and it will be 1.2?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[r4p3]! said:
k, i just wanna be clear on this, i can download it...then i just click on the esf shortcut and it will be 1.2?
where do u see the work "evm" in there?

im not talking about evm... im saying when i download 1.2 will it be like evm where i have to extract files and jazz...but now, i was asking if ill be able to play 1.2 RIGHT after i dl it without having to do anything else

Best answers
Listen, it's very simple.

You have ESF 1.1 on your harddisk.

You download the 1.2 patch.

You install the 1.2 patch, which converts your ESF files from 1.1 to 1.2.

You can start playing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snake101 said:
Listen, it's very simple.

You have ESF 1.1 on your harddisk.

You download the 1.2 patch.

You install the 1.2 patch, which converts your ESF files from 1.1 to 1.2.

You can start playing.
no it doesnt convert anything the way patches work is they replace the old files

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
k thanks thats what i wanted to know =D

Best answers
EVM is just an addon created by a bunch of people who don't have the patience to wait for 1.2 to come out...by the time the server version of EVM comes out, 1.2 will be out for a long time already...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom