1.1 Melee Question

Best answers
Just wondering what the results are for non-swoop hits.
(always holding attack button btw)

Scenario 1: Turbo/Non-turbo movement vs Turbo/Non turbo movement.

Scenario 2: Turbo movement vs Non turbo movement.

Scenario 3: Turbo/non turbo movement vs turbo/non turbo standing still.(answer for both if different result)

Scenario 4: Teleport hit/Turbo teleport hit vs turbo/non turbo standing still.(answer for both if different result)

Scenario 5: Teleport hit/turbo teleport hit vs turbo/non-turbo movement.(answer for both if different result)

Scenario 6: Teleport hit vs Teleport hit.(never tried, just curious)

Also please correct me if some or all of these situations result on the melee cycle time release thing, and point out any scenario's that I may have forgotten.

Best answers
The anwser is simple... The one with Most KI Strike first...!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The anwser is simple... The one with Most KI Strike first...!
Well, if you're right (which I doubt you are), then howing will still be an issue...

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's talking about beta 1.1 melee, not 1.2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, ki doesn't ALWAYS matter. If you perfect side hitting, or atleast get pretty good with it, ki won't be nearly as important to you.

Best answers
I was asking pretty much who would have more of a chance of getting the blow in those situations, and for it to be somewhat explained why, if neccesary(sp?).

Best answers
Whoever has more ki gets the hit. I only wonder if having turbo on boosts damage.

Best answers
Turbo helps with hitting up close. Most of the time, you find more people hitting with turbo on to increase damage, and it gives them a better chance to hit up close. Not to mention how easily it is to escape a hit with turbo on.

Best answers
So basically all head-on/face-to-face melee depends on ki? k, got it.

Best answers
why are you asking?

just curious as when 1.2 comes out the hint you will get here will be meaningless...

:cry:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it won't, you will be able to use normal melee in 1.2.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes and no. 1.1 melee no longer exists anywhere in 1.2's code, but a lesser version of it has been created for people who still want the simpler gameplay. I don't know whether or not it will use the same ki-based priority system or not.

Best answers
true but the team said that it will only knock them back and not give very much damage if any!

so whats the point in it apart from hitting them away...

well technicaly you wont need to but it is there

Best answers
Magmus said:
why are you asking?

just curious as when 1.2 comes out the hint you will get here will be meaningless...

:cry:
I was asking because I wanted to know for right now. I already know that this question has no purpose in 1.2.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magmus said:
true but the team said that it will only knock them back and not give very much damage if any!

so whats the point in it apart from hitting them away...

well technicaly you wont need to but it is there
It gives a conciderable amount of damage, it's not useless.
I don't think we're going to implement the KI system for melee at all. At the moment a knockback-knockback melee clash is determined by who's swooping the longest, hopefully that will work out better then KI -_-

Best answers
I think it will work out 10X better. The problem with ki-based is it can be "gamed." Length-based is much better; the only way it can be "gamed" is by continuous swooping, and since swooping is easily dodged, there is still an incentive to maneuver around with teleports to get the drop on your enemy.

I know there's no point in getting excited about it now, but at least ki-based is gone(hopefull for good). For what it's worth, I actually suggested this right after 1.1 came out :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
someone just trying to use 1.1 melee in 1.2 will be easyly out classed by someone useing the rest of the system

i dont think it would even be possible to win with out getting ur ass totaly kicked by a 1.2 user

Best answers
Can anyone answer my question on the scenarios? Or are they just all dependant on ki usage and/or pure luck?

Best answers
whoever has more ki will always win mele head to head...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom