using melee effectively

Best answers
Melee seems to be the best way to win and if you cant do it your basicly screwed in this game. I'm fairly good at it but i have some questions. Alot of times when i swoop toward someone as soon as i get close they hit me instead and im knocked back. Even if im rapidly pressing the secondary fire (right mouse button) for attack. I know they didnt block because there is no delay. As soon as i get close im hit. Also often times when im trying to block it does nothing! Ill be facing the person holding q, and when they get near me im hit and go flying back. Even if im pointed directly at them. Even if they are normal and im ssj. I just dont understand this. I want to get better at melee so i can compete with some of the more experienced players. Anybody got any good melee tips for me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ill help u out a bit, just read carefully and understand every word...

when ur gonna melee someone, its always best to do so with full ki. because 1.1 is all about the ki. so when u swoop at someone first, ur ki goes down, while theirs stays full, so theyll decide to melee after uve began ur swooping, because they are the ones with more ki saved up. i hope ur understanding this, becuz im not :p

u want to always have ur ki higher than ur opponents. that doesnt mean u should go waiting around for ur opponent to strike, because thats just being unfair.

best way to get someone is to trick them into thinking they are the ones with more ki. try swooping towards them, theyll eventually swoop, then u can just put in some teleports here and there, charge and continue the melee battle.

there are several neat tricks u can discover from playing some good people. thats why i recommend u search for some elites out there. yes, some may be ****y and annoying, but its the best way to learn a thing or two.

just remember, keep ur eye on the ki :tired:

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I agree with everything he said but just one thing. SOON all of it is going too be useless .You might have forgotten but 1.2 = advanced melee.Im not saying some servers wont be running the 1.1 melee but sure if you guys still want too play 1.1 while 1.2 is out go ahead. That melee is suppose too be completely different so well just have too wait and see

Best answers
Oh yeah i cant wait for the new melee by the way. But dont think 1.2 is going to be out anytime in the near future. I get the feeling by the way the developers are talking that 1.2 is less then halfway done. So im not holding my breath on that one. So anyways back on topic. Whoever has the most ki will be the one to hit the other if they both to decide to attack at the same time? Or are you saying that whoever has the most ki will have to powerup last and wont be left open for attack. That also doesnt answer my question about the blocking thing. But that was some good advice and ill keep that in mind next time im out! Oh by the way, i only play against elites because RICE server is the only one that shows up on my server list, so im allways playing with them. And they all rule. Im sick of getting killed so much!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
blockin can be frustrating as well, sometimes u think ur gonna block ur opponents hit, but he finds an opening somewhere and just knocks u out. not to mention there a chance that melee can go through blocks, i dunno if thats only for trunks or wut, i gotta check up on that one. so yea, just try being as accurate and on time as possible :smile:

Best answers
u said it only shows 1 server?
well try update and wait until nothing unusual is on the screen, than go filter and mark: are playing game = esf (u have to select that from the menu)
than u get many more servers...
unles u have a screwed connection, u'l be riding the winds of glory in no time :smile: ;) :]
(i still dont and playing it for 2 years lol) :cry: :no:
so...
anyway...

Best answers
trust me i have all the filters off and esf is selected. I can put running game and not password protected and isnt full and all of that, but that just lowers the number of servers. There is more then one but ive never seen more then 4. Someone said it had something to do with the fact i was using steam. Said i should get won but i dunno what that is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
il explain the won and steam issue, since its real important.

When you install halflife, and the 1.1.1.0 patch, you are up on WON (a service used to connect to servers etc..)
there then came a programme called Steam, which was meant to enhance WON but didn't really do it sucessfully, so until they get steam to how they wanted it, they still keep the won servers open. So you'll find some servers on steam, and some servers on WON. Theres loads more servers on WON than on steam, so i recommend uninstall Steam and use WON until were all forced over to it.

Best answers
Who in the right mind would play 1.1 Melee when ure able to do 1.2 Melee ( when its out i mean )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maistro said:
Who in the right mind would play 1.1 Melee when ure able to do 1.2 Melee ( when its out i mean )
that makes no sense...

well, basically most of the esf players are still using won, there arent many steam servers up, so yea... :rolleyes:

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
MyStiX said:
that makes no sense...

well, basically most of the esf players are still using won, there arent many steam servers up, so yea... :rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure 1.2 is coming out on both Steam and Won :\

Retired
Best answers
Most people will use WON until Valve shuts it down

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom