Ingame MP3 Player

Best answers
I have been playing ESF since last summer, awesome game mad props to the devs. I have a question about the mp3 player.

At home, I am on a cable modem and rarely get any lag what so ever. But while here at college we are supposed to have a kick ass connection, which we don't. IT services are doing better, but I still sometimes get horrible pings. When I play ESF, my ping will sometimes hop all over the place and the mp3 player will skip, stop, and in general be annoying as hell. I can then go to the server select screen and it will play normally.

Is there anything I can do to improve this little predicament? I am running on low settings usually, but I am almost always running at or near 99 fps.

Any help is much appreciated.

-DS

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
remember that the connection is getting shared through out all the computers in collage not just the computer you are using,

that will slow down the connection and raise the ping if in any game at the time :)

OR the collages processors might not be fast enough to do too many things at once
E.G play music, firing lots of sprites (attacks), explosions etc etc

Best answers
Sounds like network troubles. Make sure nothing is running in the background, especially filesharing programs(uploading wreaks havoc on pings). Run a spyware remover. If you have XP, hit ctrl+alt+del and click Networking. At the bottom, if the % under Network Utilization keeps jumping around, you know something on your PC is using bandwidth.

If none of the above works, call the IT guys and ask what type of connection is in your dorms, and how many dorms share that once network. If it is a T1 or T3 dedicated to your dorm only, you should be having no problems and it is probably your PC. If it's any connection being shared across 2 or more dorms, that is probably your awnser. Hope it helps.

Best answers
Hmm... the one thing I've been always able to depend on when I'm in a slow laggy server is the MP3 player... Then again, it does skip once like every 10 min or so. Too little to be noticeable.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think the reason you are getting lagg is because the connection is being sure through a router/ network cable, the best times is to go on at night when hopefully most people will be asleep apart from the serious gamers! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom