Getting Dedicated server to show in the list?!?!

Best answers
I already know there is a thread similar to this. but it didnt give me the answer i was looking for. I have a dedicated server but when i launch it, it wont show up in the list of servers with the others. I was wondering how could i get it to show up with the others? anyone have any ideas?

Best answers
lockie said:
I already know there is a thread similar to this. but it didnt give me the answer i was looking for. I have a dedicated server but when i launch it, it wont show up in the list of servers with the others. I was wondering how could i get it to show up with the others? anyone have any ideas?
you cant join your own dedicated sErver,it isnt allowed,their are ways of geting around htis tohugh

Best answers
yes you can in the shortcut to the server add -port 27025 your gaming port is 27015 and so is the standarf ded-server port if you change the server port you can join and see your server.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thor said:
yes you can in the shortcut to the server add -port 27025 your gaming port is 27015 and so is the standarf ded-server port if you change the server port you can join and see your server.
you mean -port 27015

That isnt needed though. 27015 is default.

lockie said:
Do you have a firewall? I can tell you the answer.

Best answers
no your server runs by default from port 27015 and so does your copy of half-life so this causes a conflict on the ports so to fix this you need to change the port the server is on by adding -port 27025 to the shortcut this makes your server go through that port now your server is on a seperate port to the half-life you should be able to see and join the server now. I hope this is more clear now.

Best answers
well i tried putting -port 27025 on my shortcut menu, that didnt work. I tried it with 27015 that didnt work... i dunno i guess i am just going to give up :( unless there is something you guys are forgetting?!?!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I ASKED IF YOU HAD A FIREWALL OR NOT.

Best answers
does a router count?...If so then yes i have a firewall because i have a router. If a router isnt a firewall then no i dont have a firewall...Is there ways i can get around this

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
quick and easy test:
start your browser and type in
and hit enter
NO HTTP and NO WWW

If it comes up with something then yes. If someone didnt change the password, the pass should be admin. No username.

Best answers
what exactly does this do? Im just a lil confused. I typed that in and a thing came up like u said. but i was scared to type in tthe password :) .so what does this allow me to do?

Best answers
you guys are no help at all! USELESS!!! its been a month and i still dont know how to get my server to show up on the server list...someone put it in lamens terms

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I understand that your frustrated and you wanted to bump this to get some attention but please don't double post. If you had bothered to go out and read other threads or even search for tutorials the answer isn't that hard to find. Please try to do more research before demanding everyone to help you.

Best answers
my posts were almost 2 weeks apart?? o well i give up...i wont be back

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Closing thread because the person asking the question won't be back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom