HAHAHA STEAMS TOAST!!

Best answers
you guys are gonna love this. You know how the people that walked out on WON left and WONS main money provider went with it. WELL (this is too funny to be serious about) They FREAKIN came back!!.

The people that left WON left for good but a branch off of these people decided to pony up and give WON 3/4's of the money they were gettin before! Now 2 other small groups are providing money to WON...giving them 9/10's of their original funding!! They are in the process of finding other groups to help them out!

In the process WON is going to Upgrade their system when they get full funding and keep it for 3 months. :)

STEAM IS GOING DOWN!!!! AND HERE IS WHY!!!.......Those 2 small groups came from steam!!!! HAHAHA. So now steam is in the hole about $5,000 and are scrambling for money for monthly payments!!!

STEAM IS SCREWED ARE PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED....Everyone go smoke a cigar cause WON is back in buisness.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me pokes must-be low bandwith user D:

steam is great, IF you have a good connection, im ok with 115k, its better than one to me, much more better, it updates itself, you can get games from inside of it, its a messenger, ect, won is basic.. steam wont be going anywhere thats for shure, steam is being funder by valve, valves gonna get bizzilions when hl2 is released, so im sorry for you 56k- users, but your screwed, have fun lagging eachother on won :O!!!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam is a thousand times better than WON for anyone with a connection over 56k. Unfortunately, as Cucumba stated a while back in a Steam bashing thread, most users are still on modems. Regardless, Steam is a much, much more effective system than Won ever was, and much more advanced. There's no way this is going to knock Steam out. Look at the communities for... say... ANY modification besides ESF, and you'll see that hundreds apon thousands of people have already moved over to Steam because they've recognized it as a newer, better system. Won isn't going to get any better but Steam is going to be consistently updated because Valve has already put this much money into developing it. People will smarten up over time and start using Steam more often, but it's true that Steam isn't the friendliest to any 56k player. I'm sure they'll work to even that out over time.

Edit-- Oh, and where exactly did you hear all of this?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love all these people not like steam for one main reason. It is not the easyest thing to convert ESF to steam, its not that hard if you have 1/2 brain, and these people who dont like steam is because they cant find it in the to get ESF working with it. If all you had to do was click a button and esf was on steam I bet anything that there would be ALOT more ESF people on steam.

And like they said steam aint going anywere so dont think it will go away. Just stick with you ****ty won and be happy.

That's a little harsh, but I concur with your observations. People like these things handed to them on a golden platter. Still, we must acknowledge that there are other reasons that factor in to why people dislike it too.
~Boyster

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Checkplease said:
you guys are gonna love this. You know how the people that walked out on WON left and WONS main money provider went with it. WELL (this is too funny to be serious about) They FREAKIN came back!!.

The people that left WON left for good but a branch off of these people decided to pony up and give WON 3/4's of the money they were gettin before! Now 2 other small groups are providing money to WON...giving them 9/10's of their original funding!! They are in the process of finding other groups to help them out!

In the process WON is going to Upgrade their system when they get full funding and keep it for 3 months. :)

STEAM IS GOING DOWN!!!! AND HERE IS WHY!!!.......Those 2 small groups came from steam!!!! HAHAHA. So now steam is in the hole about $5,000 and are scrambling for money for monthly payments!!!

STEAM IS SCREWED ARE PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED....Everyone go smoke a cigar cause WON is back in buisness.
Ya so... how about a source? Oooh, oh no, steam is going down, they are in debt $5000 boohoo cry me a ******* river. I'm sure thats SOOOOO much in debt for a company like Valve, "Valve announces today they are shutting down Steam because they are out $5000 and they can't come up with the money, because in this day and age, who's ever heard of a loan?" and thats assuming they can't come up with the money themselves....please. :rolleyes:

Where do people come up with this crock? Steam isn't going anywhere.

Best answers
steam is much more user-friendly than WON and you should be quiet, you make it sound like they just killed some dictator

Best answers
ya some dumbass got my password and posted this ****...please close this.

Best answers
I'm sure $5,000 means a whole lot to Valve Software. o_O

This has been talked into the dirt. The bottom line is Steam > WON. I hate people who refuse to adapt to a change in the times. If you like WON so much, stick to your Pentium 450's and run HL at its minimum requirements. Go back to a GeForce 1 and 32 MB of SIMM Ram. Seriously. Steam is to Windows XP as WON is Windows 3.1. Check the sig.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Checkplease said:
ya some dumbass got my password and posted this ****...please close this.
Its always easier to say you ****ed up, then making up and excues.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both posts register as the same IP address...

Look, we don't judge ya, don't worry about it, we all make mistakes.

Thread closed by request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom