things About 1.2 id like 2 know

Best answers
Hey all
ive been very excited about getting 1.2 (meele etc...) and when i will get it :D
i want to ask something about the fps i have 2200 Mhz Pc and Esf works only
60 fps tops how can i change that fps max? another thing i wanted to know if u can make it possiable to add another heroes like in the menus of choosing ones like we have goku,gohan etc etc... lets say i download brolly model instand of puting in a some model id like to create a player just for him is that possiable?
P.s
ESF OWNZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know how you can set the max FPS for ESF, but I think it could be done...

I do know that it's not possible to add a downloaded character to the list without replacing an existing one.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There should be a generic half life command to raise the FPS limit to 100. max_fps 100 or fps_max 100 or something. This won't guarantee that you get 100 or anything, but it will let it go that high. But frankly, the human eye can't distinguish between 60 and 100. FOr example, I get like 40 on Natural Selection and I can't tell much difference except that it tends to lag a bit occasionally when the fps falls in big fights.

-Karrde-

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Framerate is overrated. No one needs a steady 65+ framerate for any game, 60 is just fine, and it is much more easily managed. You'll notice more 'frame lag' if you have it set to 100 and your system can't consistently support that much framerate.

Best answers
If you use a Gforce Video card it might be that your default settings in Window's are on Vsync....just go to your desktop right mouse click > Properties > advance then change it there, if you dont use a Gforce then i cant help ya :)

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Framerate is overrated. No one needs a steady 65+ framerate for any game, 60 is just fine, and it is much more easily managed. You'll notice more 'frame lag' if you have it set to 100 and your system can't consistently support that much framerate.
I agree with you totally. But ... there can be a noticable difference if your monitors refresh rate is higher then 75, like in the 100's. Things seem to appear a lot more smoother. Not a lot of monitors can handle a high refresh rate though, especially at high resolutions. So most people don't get to see the difference it can make :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
things that might help u tweak youre fps
console:
fps_max 200
developer 1

check on youre vidcard if vertical synch is enabled, disable this function.
normally vsynch synchronises youre monitor refreshrate to youre game fps
so in other words, a default configured monitor is running on 60 Hz so ingame you will get 60 fps top, try increasing the Hz of youre monitor.

but dont push her over its limits, or you might face one big black momma*

*screen ;) have fun

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jesus, setting fps_max to 200 wont really accomplish anything in that Half Life tops out around 80, and if you could go up to 200, most computers can't, so your framerate would just bounce around from like 180 to 60 to 150, causing jags.

I also don't think 60hz is the same as 60 FPS but they are closely related, and I'd never reccomend 60 to anyone who can support a higher refresh rate. Keep it over 70 if you can help it.

Best answers
60 Hz means your screen is refreshed 60 times per second. This will result in 60fps at max in a game (if vsync is enabled). Your screen is drawn by an electron beam that moves from the upper left to the lower right (provided that you have a CRT). To draw a next screen, the beam has to move back from the lower right to the upper left. This is the perfect period to refresh the video memory for a new screen. If vsync is enabled, your video memory will be refreshed only during this period. If you disable vsync, your video memory will be refreshed while your screen is drawn, causing flicker fx and a higher refresh rate that you can brag about to your friends. Only setting your monitor to a higher refresh rate will give you a more 'stable' view.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
max_fps 200 is useless as HL itself maxes at 100. You cannot get higher than 100 on HL.

-Karrde-

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
I don't agree, I have a 19 inch monitor @ 100 hz.

I clearly see the difference between 60 FPS and 100 FPS.

Some scientists say that you can't see the difference, but almost everyone at CS.nl forum(including myself) also say that you DO see the difference and pretty clearly to.

Best answers
Well of course you see the difference if your monitor is running at 100 Hz. The bottom line here is..

You cannot SEE more frames than the frequency of your monitor. Therefore you will not SEE any improvment unless you also increase the frequency of your monitor.

In fact, frames "can" get choppy etc is Vsync is off.

Sound Artist
Best answers
The video screen is constantly getting updated from video memory. If we are drawing a moving object into video memory while a refresh is going on, the user will end up seeing part of the newly drawn image at one location and part of the existing image on screen at another location. This is what is called a "tear". That's what your seeing when you have rsync off:p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The difference is negligable though, even if you can see that there's a difference between 60 and 100. 100 may be smoother, but for all practical and intensive purposes you really don't need to set your maximum framerate above 60. If your eye can tell the difference between 60 and 100 then it will notice that your framerate bounces up and down from 50 to 100 as you play because your setting is so high. A stable 60 should run just fine for you.

Best answers
Have you ever looked at a windows desktop at 60 hertz? Particularly from the corner of your eye? It'll give you headaches ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's gooooo 30 fps computers...!

<_<

>_>

Anybody?

Best answers
First off, it is possible to go over 100 fps, but it's barely needed.

The max HL can do is 150 fps, but it needs to be in developer mode

fps_max 150
developer 1

Will give you 150 FPS when you don't have much drawn onscreen. But what is the point if you can't tell the difference between 60 and 150?

Turning of VSync can be either a good or a bad thing. Depends on wether you mind frame-tearing (2 images on top of each other, sliced in half, aka what FreeDoM said earlier)

Since ESF is a fast-paced game, I suggest leaving it on, just to be safe, because frame-tearing hurts your eyes a lot (I experienced it)

However, to get over 60 fps anyway, turn off VSync in your vidcard settings panel.

-----------------

One small fact : A screen running at 60Hz strains the eye more than a screen running at 75Hz.

If possible, set your monitor refresh rate at 70Hz-80Hz. You'll notice the difference because you're eyes will feel more relaxed (I don't even know how that is possible)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i can make u a screen where i have 300 fps in counterstrike if u wanted to see that.

and yes its with developer 1 like i stated in my first post

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
300 is definately impossible. Probably using the timefresh command which is horridly inaccurate.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom