💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay well, since my last topic was closed, I just wanna say something more (AND POST A NEW SIG) about the subject. You guys make it sound like using stock pictures is ripping, I'd like to hear from a mod what the reason of my warning is? Was it because I used custom brushes? Or use a stock picture? Or, heh, because according to some people it's not that hard to make. And Hibiki, can you please quote me on when I said I made the UT pic? I even posted this: "ROFL of course it looks like the girl (robot btw) from UT, that's where I got the stock from lol."
I added a bg WHICH I MADE MYSELF, used brushes and some techniques to make it look old. I seriously don't understand the reason I'm being called a ripper, and got a warning. People that know me from DMZ know I never 'ripped' and that if I posted this on the DMZ forums nobody will go: "OMG YOU RIPPER YOU STOLE THAT UT PIC" , I'm used to the DMZ rules, and as far as I know, if I use a stock picture, no one will call me a ripper.

But anyways, I got a new sig, I made the bg, used custom brushes made by god-knows-who, and somewhere in there, blended (sorry can't remember the blending mode) is a stock picture WHICH I DID NOT MAKE!

Now c&c are appreciated.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your situation is under review by the administration, and while you may have been wronged concerning that decision it's best to talk to the administrators if you have a problem with moderators. Don't drag it out in a thread.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well this thread was also meant to show my new signature but I guess my host is offline :no:

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
. . . which would be why this thread wasn't closed.

Incedentally, the signature is nice, I would have gone a little brighter on the text though. That left side is too drab compared to the left, though I see what you tried to accomplish.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I updated it a bit:

The left side looks weird now o_O

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the theme is chaos, I think it fits slightly better . . . it looks less like a uniform transition to dull and gray . . . or to purple and black from drab and gray . . . depending on your POV.

It was only a suggestion, it's your art. If you liked it better as it was before I'm not stopping you :)

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think the theme is chaos, he has other pieces of work with the text chaos on it. maybe it is/was one of your former forum names?
anyway, i like the disign. but that color just doesnt grab be too well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it's my forum name ( I try) to use everywhere but it was taken here. o_o

Best answers
Well the sig itself isnt what i would call some of your best work but its not bad. And i really disagree with that warning that Chaos got as it made no sense imo...people take pictures for their sigs all the time and i dont think that Chaos did anything different...did he?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me reiterate . . . the warning is under review by that moderators superiors, and it doesn't matter what any of the forum-goers think at the moment. This is being given full attention; sadly, it takes time to reverse decisions. Untill then, move along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom