oppinion on 1.1 melee

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, this is just a quick poll about the current melee system. Im wondering if poeple actaully like it and why or why not.

I personally like the 1.1 melee system, haven't got bored of it yet. Some people put it down because it seems so simple, but when you get good at it (something few people that play ESF have actually done), it gets fun and complex and you start to discover all these nifty tricks you can do. It does have some downfalls, it's biggest being howing, but howing can make it more fun trying to find ways around it. Overall, 1.1 melee owns imo :yes:.

Btw, im not making this thread to suggest anything about 1.2 or say that the 1.1 melee should be in 1.2, im just wondering what peoples opinions are about it.

Best answers
Do i like the system? yes.
Do i like the it when some people abuse the current melee system by making headons all the time because its ki based? no.

Best answers
wel imo
esf 1.1 melee is only good if ur playing against some1 that has some sorta skill.
im not the best ill freely admit it but i hate connecting to servers where ppl only beam and complain when i melee........
i like 1.1 for the same reason but am very excited about the change...
and btw i think theres gonna b a command that will allow u to use 1.1 melee in 1.2 cant b sure but i sorta recall reading that somewhere

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.1 is a great system with a great Dragonball Z feel to it.

That is, it's great if you're up against somebody who knows what they are doing, and who isn't significantly better than you are. There really isn't much room for a middle ground with the learning curve... some people are crappy, some people are really good, and some people are incredibly good. If you're in the crappy range you're out of luck. If you're really good you can take out half of the community without blinking but you can't stand up to one out of every eight people or so. If you're incredibly good it gets boring because of the lack of variety and challenges.

The system has its pitfalls, the ki based head on system being a big one, but it isn't toally flawed.

Best answers
this system is too simplistic, and the fact that people *cough* raiderson *cough* keep on killing me while i am about to kill an enemy is most unpleasing

Best answers
It's a decent system, but personally I don't like it. All of the 'tricks' you learn how to do are basically pointless when someone can just head on you 24/7. Then you have to use the 'use effort to get around them' tricks, which dosn't make it as fun anymore. It can be quite enjoyable to fight with someone thats on your level. Even fighting people that are better than yourself. Fighting with someone who cant play isn't fun though, because they eventually start crying and leave. The 1.2 melee system will be better imo.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The inherant problem is though that its still inaccesible. Most n00bs cannot get it because they get beaten down too fast now that a certain number of players are good at it. It basically doesn't allow for improvement most of the time. Also, I think it's kinda silly to use these "tricks" seeing as most of them just came as something the team didn't really mean for.

-Karrde-

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The inherant problem is though that its still inaccesible. Most n00bs cannot get it because they get beaten down too fast now that a certain number of players are good at it. It basically doesn't allow for improvement most of the time. Also, I think it's kinda silly to use these "tricks" seeing as most of them just came as something the team didn't really mean for.

-Karrde-
If the team didn't want us to use these "tricks", then what did they want us to do? Swoop directly at an opponent and wait for them to swoop back? That doesn't sound fun at all. Not only does that not sound fun, there is almost no way to improve like that. If it wasn't for all of the "tricks", there would be nothing else to do.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love the current melee as for abusing it that sux.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really dislike 1.1 compared to 1.0, ask any reall good player from 1.0 and they will say hands down 1.0. I agree.

I really think that he ESF team should not redo the melee system in every release. IMO you work to make the current one perfect, not completlyt rodo it witch takes a long ass time.

I think the 1.0 system was very good with minot flaws. It was very very eay to get around people who play with there ping, now its a lot harder because people just wait and then attak, granted it is easy to get around, its just annoying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always liked 1.1 melee when playing with people around my skill level. I eventually got bored of it though as it became repeditive.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I like the current melee system, but like the new system even more.
Though I don't like the 1.0 melee more then the 1.1 melee... with the 'old' melee some people (like me) could never win a headon if they ran into it simply because of the bad ping. It was always or you'll win or you'll lose, with the 1.1 melee you might have a chance if you run in to a headon... But I have to say in 1.2 the headons are way less annoying ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the fact that terms like HOW or LSM exist pretty much sums up the flaws with 1.1.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GMan said:
I think the fact that terms like HOW or LSM exist pretty much sums up the flaws with 1.1.
True, all those stupid terms that wouldn't allow you to play the game the way you wanted ended up breaking 1.1. There would always be someone to start a huge argument because, "omg joo did lsm im bettar dan joo bwahha wut a nuuubbb" .. yea.

In 1.0, everything was fun. No one complained, no one made up some sorta stupid rule that everyone had to automatically follow or else they'd be labled a "noob". Nothing like that, that's when melee was fun. Now... it's just sickening and boring. Hit, you go flying back. Too much of that. Now with the team working on 1.2 and all the info they've released to the public, it's making 1.1 look like some sorta alpha release. :rolleyes:

So overall, I vote, no. I don't like 1.1 melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MyStiX pretty much said what I would have. I hope that 1.2 melee doesn't get boring as fast as 1.0\1.1 melee did for me.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was a crazy question. You play the 1.1 system right know dummy. :p

Best answers
Well I didn't dislike 1.1's melee system but I didn't really like it much either. Since to me it was similar to another mods melee system. Which I called bee-sting melee lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom