Precache

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hello everyone,

I think this is a stupid question but ill ask it anyway.
How can i disactive the precache?? when i start evm, my RAM memory has 50k left... so its pretty bad. Without evm, i have 90Mb... still too low. So, if i disactive the precache, i will increase the lag but i can play LONGER. When i type precache 0 in console when i am in the start menu (im not playing when i do this) it does not work. anyone can help me?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uh, typing precache "0" in console should work... anyway, try typing it in your autoexec in your esf folder. That way, it stays in there perminitly so you don't have to type it in every time you play esf.

Also, theres tons of other commands to increase your performance, theres a thread about that here http://www.evolved-dsm.com/clansl/viewtopic.php?t=187 (you might have to register to view it). There was a really good thread made by mr. satan about improving fps, but i can't seem to find it :\

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i wrote it in my autoexec.cfg and when i open my console, it says precache 0 BUT the game keeps loading all sprites and models, so my RAM is almost full again. Anyone know how to desactive that loading?

Best answers
I have the same problem, i have 512 MEGS and when i load the game, it goes to 500MEGS!!! its too much! when 2 guys are in my server, it crashes, and if i go to other servers, i have the same problem!!

Can someone give me an answer??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom