Hosting Server help

Best answers
OK! i really need help and i searched and everything. I just want to host a non-dedicated server with esf. BUT when i make it no one can join. no one at all. i really need help. i have a linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless-B broadband router.
I opened the 3 ports and stuff and got the latest firmware but still...

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to gaurentee that it will work just specify your ip as being dmz. Throw in your ip and it will open all ports to that computer. You can find it under applications and games in the current linksys I'm looking at. Either that or turn off your firewall, both should work. After that it's just a matter of your internet connection and how well your wireless connectivity is.

Best answers
THIS still didnt work.

This is how i have it:

Application Start End Protocol

hl.exe 0 1200 UDP

hl.exe 27000 27015 UDP

hl.exe 27030 27039 TCP

OMG I SO WANNA HOST A SERVER!!!!! SOMEONE PLZ HELP STEP BY STEP!

i would be extremely greatful.
thx
Warbandit

EDIT: i have a wireless router that is conneted to a laptop will i have to chage the ports on the laptop too?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you specified your ip as dmz than there is no problem. The only problem is in your software. When you specify the dmz its such as not having a firewall at all to that computer. Check your external ip and check to make sure your all updated and such and that people aren't trying to search for you instead of specifying an ip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom