need help starting game

Best answers
ok, ive finally got everything downloaded...now when i click on the link to 'earth special forces' it takes me straight to counter-strike. what do i do from there, please respond quickly so i can play this game

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
make sure esf is in your half life folder....

also, do you know how to filter servers?

Best answers
im pretty sure my game is in my half-life folder, thats where i saved it when it downloaded....i tried to filter the servers, but i couldnt find any esf ones

Best answers
do u have version 1.1.1.0 of half life???

If you do can u select esf as a custom game (its in the original game window) if you can then its installed corretly.

If thats so, then when u go multiplayer/internet/filter make sure u selected filter game, sometimes peopl forget and make sure esf is selected. If u cant find any servers. i havnt got any more help :p

Best answers
yes, i have hl 1.1.1.0, but esf doesnt show up under custom games...anyone know why?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're running Half-Life? or Counter-Strike (Retail)?

If you're running Half-Life, then it should be under custom games... then again, if you click on the ESF shortcut, and it takes you to Counter-Strike, then you're probably running CS (Retail). If that's the case, then install ESF into your Counter-Strike directory.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Uhm im not sure but I think when you install the game you have to specify your half-life dir. If you specified for example half-life\esf it would install to half-life\esf\esf... Otherwise try to reinstall it :|

Best answers
thanks for the help, i went to the properties and directed it to half-life instead...for some reason it thought i had CS but i had installed HL, oh well i got it downloaded and it works...but when i start a game my guy wont move, any suggestions for that? and also how do i change the esf video thing to opengl?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Open up ESF, then go to Configuration > Video > Video Modes. Then do what you gotta do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom