War of ESFord.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This will be a story of war on the ESF Forums. It will take place about the same time as the independant war, so I hope I describe everything good.

Light shines through the bushy trees of ESFord's Training Facility. Line after line of men awaiting their turn to shoot at the hay targets, yet most of them missing their targets.

"Sigh, I cannot count on these militia to turn the opposition. They are just... horrible at everything war counts on, and the moment they're faced with death they flee." sighs Magus, "Tell them to go home for the night, we'll rally up in the morning and head to ESFord Oftrop."

"Yes sir." responds the Lutenient. He waves his hand at the militia, ordering them all to lower arms. "Thank you for participating in this event, the captain has requested that we all meet in Oftrop tommorrow. Bring enough food for yourself and clothing for a cold night. We'll have plenty of tents, so don't worry about shelter."

The men grunted as they slowly walked back to the road, the sun started to set. "I hope we get to kill some of them spammin' folks." says one of the men. "Yea, they've been through these parts long enough and this war will teach them when they've crossed the line."

----Scene Change----

"We simply cannot have a war with them!" Shouts one of the council.

"Why not? They've done nothing but waste resources, time and money. We have sit back and watched them wreck these lands for countless years and now's the chance to get them back!" The room rumbled with cheers of approval.

"Why would you want to end life, human life, over people like them? We can have agreements... or exchanges, but not war. Not death." The room again rumbled with disaproving mumbles. "Consider it, every one of them against us, we'd lose hundreds of men, hundreds of valuable people. We out number them but we'd still have deaths. You! Hsu, you've lost a son in the last war, did you not?"

"Yes... yes... I did, but now is the chance to get revenge for him!" Hsu shouts, the room rumbles with approval.

"Revenge? You want to revenge your son's death with more death? How can you even think of something like that? If we came to an agreement we could save lives, not lose them. I say we invite them here and disc--"

He's interrupted by the room's extremely loud groans of disaproval. Cucumba raises his hand, silencing the room.

"War is something that brings death and destruction to both sides. I believe that the outcome is better than the losses, we will have a war." The room fills with sounds of clapping and cheering, the other council peers down at the leading counciler. "This meeting is adjourned." The room slowly empties.

"Sir... you've chosen the wrong path..." says the lone counciler, "You've just promised the death of hundreds of men... purhaps thousands..."

"But as I said, the outcome overweighs the cost. You'll see in due time, Marcas, in due time." Cucumba walks out of the room and into the sun light, barely piercing the tops of the trees.

A cold wind blows past him as the sun dips under the event horizon. Cucumba walks home on the path lit by the blazing light posts.

----Part 2 Coming Soon!----

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice man, like it so far, good idea.

You know that if im not in it ill kill you..
Atleast make me a troop or somethin :p

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There better be me in this

Or something not nice may happen :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
----Part 2----

Dawn breaks and Magus stirs in his bed.

"*sigh* It's already time to start... I felt like I just went to bed..." Magus stumbles out of bed and gets into his suit. He grabs some crackers, eats them, and walks out of the house.

A carriage pulls up with the Lutenient and Cucumba. "Want a ride?" Asks Cucumba.

"'course I would." replies Magus, "Are you positive that we can win this war?" The carriage continues to ride over the pebble stone walk way. "The last war we had was... almost lost due to unpreparedness. We can't risk this again... and about the militia, they aren't all you'd expec-"

"They are fine for this task," interrupts Cucumba, "They will do their duty and help to clear this land of all of the spammers, I trust in them."

"I would trust in them, Cucumba... but they just don't hold their ground. They are too weak for war, to weak for de-" Magus is interrupted.

"They are farmers, Magus. What would you do if you saw people you loved being shot and killed, would you stay to see more of it? The hell I would." Cucumba finishes.

The rest of the ride is quiet as they journy to ESFord Oftrop. Magus stares at the mountainous hills as they pass along, praying that he returns from this ride. After marrying Yui Sakura and having a child, he had too much to lose.

"We're here." Shouts the Lutenient. Cucumba jumps out of the carriage and stretches on the ground, both him and Magus yawning.

"The day's still young, Magus... we have a lot to do." He scans the area, looking at all of the infantry and militia and smiles. "We're glad to see you've come to defend your land. I'm probably the happiest and most honored." Cucumba stands up on a rock, "We're going to win this war, nothing can stop us. For too long have these spammers invades and harassed us, now we make our move. We will drive them from these lands for good! We will show them that ESFord is no small country, we will show them who they are dealing with!!" Cucumba shouts, starting a roar of applause and laughter.

A man stumbles up, panting. "Sorry... for... being... late... sir." Crackman spits out.

"It's ok, lad. Go grab a tent and set it up, we're staying here for a day or two." Cucumba says.

----A couple hours pass and everyone has set up their tents.----

Cucumba, Magus, and a group of men are under a tent discussing enemy positions.

"Sir, we've scouted into Devford. They've taken Sugstion and Milestone and have set up artillery lines here *points at a position* and here *points again*. They can easily take Coddingsville when they wish. They are waiting for us to strike back." The lutenient finishes.

"Thank you," says Cucumba, "We all know how they faught in the last war, dirty. They will take no prisoners and kill any man, woman, or child. I propose that we send our militia in from behind while our artillery and infantry attack the front, they'd never suspect it."

"Sir, are you willing to take half of our strength away? By the time they got around the main attacks, the infantry and artillery could be killed and destroyed. I don't think we should ris-"

Magus interrupts, "Cucumba's right, the spammers have hardly any strategy. This would be a sure win for our side. Rally up the men and tell them the plan, we'll set out tommorrow."

"Yes... sir..." the Lutenient replies.

----The Lutenient tells the men the plan, now on the next day.----

All the men wake to the sound of a horn and pack up. "Move out, men." shouts the lutenient.

"We'll get the the river in a few hours at best, Cucumba. God knows what will have happened to Devford by the time we get there." Magus says

"It'll be fine, their infantry is just as strong as ours, they can hold out for days." Cucumba replies hastily.

"Yes, they may be just as good but they only have about 1/4 as many men to fight." says Magus, "Skill and all is important, but being out numbered really decreases their chance for survival. It will be a massacre."

Cucumba doesn't respond to this and continues on. Groovy speeds up to meet with Cucumba and Magus. "Cucumba, Magus, good to see you." He says.

"Good to see you as well, grOOvy!" replies Cucumba.

"How are the men doing?" asks Magus.

"They are doing... well. The militia are playing games with each other, such as hiding belongings. I don't see how they do it so well moving. The infantry are being strict as usual, but all in all, they're fine."

They continue into the sun set, getting closer to the river. Cannon fire is heard in the far distance, signaling the impending war...

----Part 3 Coming Soon!----

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
----Part 3----

"Fire!" Shouts Deverz, the cannons blaze. Each creating a huge blast as it strikes the ground. "Focus on the center, drive them back!" Deverz screams. The cannons again fire, killing multiple men as they explode on the ground. One bounces off the ground and flies through a couple of men.

"They are over taking us..." says Evil Trunks as he watches the battle field, "We cannot hold out for much longer, send all remaining men out onto the field, I will be joining them."

"Ye.. yes sir!" responds the eager soldier, "I want all available men out on that field! Follow the admiral!" A group of soldiers follow Evil Trunks onto the battle field.

----On another part of the field.----

"Make ready!" Shouts Smith. The line of soldiers prop their guns onto their sholders. "Take aim!" Smith shouts. The soldiers aim their weapons at the approaching force.

"Fire!" Screams Smith, all the soldiers weapons fire, creating a wall of smoke and almost a machine gun sound from the firing. The enemy force continues to march straight forward, their friends being shot down, not even flinching. "Reload!" Shouts Smith, all the men taking their gun and preparing to fire again.

The enemy gets into position, "Halt!" shouts the commanding officer. "Make ready!" The enemy soldiers take aim. "Fire!!" The soldiers all fire, the bullets make high pitched squeels as they pass through and past Devford's army.

50 men scream in pain as they are shot and fall. Smith continues to reload his gun. We're not going to win this... Smith thinks to himself.

"Make ready!" Smith again shouts. "Take aim!! Fire!"

----Scene Change----

"We've reached the river, sir." Reports the Lutenient, "A scout has informed me that they have taken Artacks, they are losing badly."

"Get the boats ready and continue out, we need to get to Devford as soon as possible." says Magus, "We might already be too late."

----Later that night, all the men are on the boats.----

"Look!" Shouts one of the men, a tower of smoke rises from the ground from all the firing. "That's unbelievable... I've never seen so much of it."

"You'll be seeing it up close and personal soon, soldier." says Magus, "A little too close if you ask me."

Cannons roar over the water from the other side, a hard wind blows over the boats, making them creek from the force.

"6 pounders..." says Cucumba, "I cannot imagine how this war is going to end now... we took too long to get here."

"We're arriving on the other side." Says the lutenient, "Be ready for anything, sir. We don't know what could have happened while we were coming."

----Scene Change----

"Charge!!!" Shouts Smith, leading the line of men into the opposing force. Swords are unsheathed and weapons are bashed together.

Evil Trunks uses his weapons to pick off enemies as he sits up on his horse. A man runs up and throws him to the ground. Evil Trunks takes out his sword and waits for the man.

"Lynx..." Evil Trunks says under his breath, "We finally meet, you'll wish you never invaded this land."

Lynx laughs and runs at Evil Trunks, but is too slow and is stabbed in the back by Evil Trunks' sword. He falls on the ground and breaths heavily, obviously in immense pain. Evil Trunks pulls the sword out and continues to fight the oncoming enemies.

----On the artillery line.----

"Fire!" Shouts Deverz, the cannons again firing. Each one creating a massive erupture of dirt and debris as it explodes on contact.

"Focus the attacks inside their regions, kill any of them you can."

The cannons continue to fire, killing dozens of men.

----Near Smith.----

"Smith!! The lines are faultering!!" shouts a soldier. Smith looks ahead, seeing men fall back, trying to escape the killing.

"Hold the line! Push forward! Hold the line!!!!" Smith shouts through the screams and cries of men. He notices a calvery... Devil... it's Devil... he's here... Smith pulls his pistol out, loads it and aims. A cannon is fired behind him, throwing his aim off. He shoots Devil's side instead, throwing him off the horse.

Devil slowly gets back up and looks at Smith, he pulls his pistol out, loads it, and aims it at Smith's chest...

----Part 4 Coming Soon!----

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good but there is much mispelling of my name :p

It's a z not an s

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fix0red... guess it isn't too good if you are the only one posting though :(.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
It is very good Smith, I just haven't gotten around to posting anything. Keep writing, cant leave a story unfinished. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
----Part 4----

The world completely drains from Smith's conciousness. All he sees and hears is Devil and himself. Devil readies his pistol at Smith's chest and pulls the trigger. Time slows down for Smith as he sees the bullet travel closer and closer to him and is unable to do anything about it until a soldier runs through the line of fire, taking the bullet instead.

"Damnit." shouts Devil, taking out his sword, "I'll have to do this the hard way." He stands, stiffly, studying Smith and judging what might happen. He thumps off the ground in a hard run and readies his sword mid air. Smith whips out 2 hatchets and catches the sword.

Devil is pushed back but regains his ground and continues his onslaught. Smith blocks the sword's blade with a hatchet and swings the other underhand into Devil's stomach.

Devil stops for a second but ignores the pain and jams his hand into Smith's face, throwing him back and taking the hatchet out. While Smith is in mid fall, Devil grabs his suit and slices deep into Smith's arm and side with the blade of his sword.

Smith collapses to the ground bleeding heavily but scrambles back to his feet. Smith's legs give out and he falls to his knees. He continues to try to block Devil's sword with a hatchet, but the sword catches to the bottom of it's blade, throwing it out of Smith's hand.

Devil's sword stikes Smith's back, causing immense pain. Men run by the fight carrying ESFord's flag, waving it. Smith has a flashback of what he said to Devil in the last war... "Before this war is over, I'm going to kill you..."

Devil stands behind Smith, letting his enemy suffer before he kills him. "Kill me before the war is over, will you? You couldn't then and you cannot now. It appears you are not the better man..."

Devil runs to Smith and swings his arm back to decapitate him. Smith bends forward, missing the sword and thrusts his remaining hatchet into Devil's chest.

"You're right... my sons were better men..." He rips the hatchet through Devil's chest, up through his heart and lungs and rips it out. Devil falls, lifelessly to the ground and Smith stands up gazing at the war...

----ESFord's Army----

"We've gotten word that they are holding out extremely well. Devil has been killed, a massive plus to our side. They've lost this war, Cucumba." says Magus

"Yes, Magus... I know. But at what cost? They've killed so many people in the other towns... men... women... children... I just wonder how that might have been avoided. But as I originally stated, the outcome overweighs the cost...." Cucumba says to Magus.

They arrive on the artillery positions, Cucumba greets Deverz. "How is Devford doing?"

"Very well, we've driven them back a ways. Devil has been killed... by Smith. We all owe him immensly for this, it caused the turn of the war..."

----In Smith's Journal.----

Our militia and infantry were successfully able to hold out the enemy's army until ESFord's came. The spammers were forced to retreat back to the coast, but were unable to leave due to our long lost friends, Oktagone's fleet.

FM eventually surrendered, but hid in shame, ordering his officer to show the white flag instead. After that I took into account what I had gained and what I had lost. We now had a new, safe, country but we lost many, many people. We also hadn't killed the remaining spammers, meaning they might regroup and try another attack, but Cucumba had pity in them.

But we won't have to worry about that for a long time...

----At Smith's Funeral.----

"We are here today to recognize a great man... a wonderful man... a man who has touched each of our hearts in a special way..." The priest continues to talk.

"I can't believe he died after the war, he looked... fine." says Evil Trunks.

"I don't think he could handle the loss of his sons in the war, he was all that was left of his family. This war was just too much for him." says Cucumba, "But we might never know..."

Cucumba looks over his shoulder and sees someone far away, gazing at the funeral. The man is in a large jacket with a hood covering his face, glares from a pair of sun glasses blind Cucumba for a second. He looks back, but no one is there...

"Or maybe we will..." He finishes.

----The End.----

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom