w00t, out with the bad

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-=|Small update|=- Just wanted to let you guys know that Ive cleaned up the models so that it only has the necessary aniamtions and what not. Im still doing fixes here and there and completing what ever is unfinished. I wonder what other ideas I can come up with for Trunks's adv melee? maybe I should play some more ninja gaiden? Chapter 7! woot!! :-D
w00t. No more unused anims. Now I actually know what to anim instead of anim more then needed.
anyone else who is thrilled with this? :)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reptile said:
poor poor d.c darkling.

didnt they let you read the 1.3 outline.

poor poor guy

:laff:
what are you talking about o_O?

Best answers
D.C. Darkling said:
w00t. No more unused anims. Now I actually know what to anim instead of anim more then needed.
anyone else who is thrilled with this? :)
Im thrilled aswell i can custume animate the 1.2 melee animation's and be the only guy with them :), bust out type combo's and stuff and make ppl mad.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesnt exactly work like that
1) While all the models can have seperate animations, they still have to match the servers models ( or you'll be playing incorrect animations since the server sends over the animation index, not the actual name ).
2) With this new feature we have to actually precache the models manually, rather then allow the engine to handle it. This means even if you turn the mp_lockmodel cvar off, you cant change it to a model that ESF doesnt use... I have no clue how those addon mods work, but it may present a problem when they want to do the SSJ2/SSJ3/etc transformations.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omg, aslong as I do not need to reanimate my current model its fine.
But let me ask anywayz.

So, alot know my vegeta model which is somewhere in beta 1.1 phase. (lol, very much used already). Now I wonder, if I have a animation named "leftkick" for example and i would make him hit the target with his tail instead of his leg, would this affect the gameplay @ any way?

Currently my vegeta model has ALOT of custom anims (made all anims so thats not so hard lol), and those show fine. it would be a shame to having to redo alot of them. I was planning on just adding the new anims see. :p

On a sidenote, I am just wondering. Are you ever gona make the GG animations uniquelegged like FF. So that instead of showing his fly legs we can animate them in a different position for GG? just wondering since I never heared the answer. :)

Sound Artist
Best answers
DT said he was going to do fly/ground differences later.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess this means later huh.
yet its not a fly/ground difference. Its the fact that the move should have its lges animated, just like FF has. Air and ground legs are the same.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D.C. Darkling said:
Now I wonder, if I have a animation named "leftkick" for example and i would make him hit the target with his tail instead of his leg, would this affect the gameplay @ any way?
Nope, it wouldn't change gameplay.

D.C. Darkling said:
On a sidenote, I am just wondering. Are you ever gona make the GG animations uniquelegged like FF. So that instead of showing his fly legs we can animate them in a different position for GG? just wondering since I never heared the answer. :)
No. You can move while charging the GG, and it looks incredibly retarded sliding against the ground with your torso rotated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically animations are for show, it may look like you are not hitting the person, but the code still follows through and does the damage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not the answer I was hoping for but its a answer. Txs.
I guess I can't bring your mind on another opinion. :p

I know anims are for show, I also was just woundering how it affects gameplay AND shown animations if I run a model with different anims then a model the server uses.

Since in the current version it shows fine.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D.C. Darkling said:
Not the answer I was hoping for but its a answer. Txs.
I guess I can't bring your mind on another opinion. :p

I know anims are for show, I also was just woundering how it affects gameplay AND shown animations if I run a model with different anims then a model the server uses.

Since in the current version it shows fine.
I still dont really get what you're saying, do you mean if the model animations are out of order/missing some?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nonono..

While all the models can have seperate animations, they still have to match the servers models ( or you'll be playing incorrect animations since the server sends over the animation index, not the actual name ).
I do not understand it. Can you refrase/explain since it seems I can't explain it in good english aswell as I can't understand yours.

Damn, thats crap. First time in 3 years I do not get more then 1 line of text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom