Ok I dont get it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game is about different characters, different speeds. Buu being the best, krillin being the worst.

So...I'm Majin buu and the opponent is krillin....

...how is it that I swoop at him to melee and he simply stands still, and when I'm about to melee him, he hits ME! I'm supposed to melee faster than Krillin...and I'm swooping at him.....yet I reach him and WHAM! Doesn't even move and he swats me away. This has been a common occurance and I just dont get it. I finally undersatnad everything else about melee....EXCEPT THIS!!!

Can someone help me out and explain whats going on here?

Best answers
It depends on who has the most power is who ever win the melee between players

Best answers
Learning Curve of the current melee sys is pretty hardcore too

Best answers
Well, the gameplay is balanced so that characters aren't necassarily classed like they would be in, say, the cartoon or manga. No one would be Krillin, then. Angles are a big deal in ESF, and finding better ones to attack from would be your best bet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to understand the KI system. Melee depends on KI and only KI. Here's an example:

I'm SSj Goku and my opponent is Gohan. I swoop at him to make the first hit (While i'm swooping, my KI is being drained) i'm right about to hit Gohan, when he finally decides to swoop toward me and bash me against the cliff. How the hell did he just hit me when i'm SSj!? Well... the reason is because while you were draining KI, Gohan was standing still, not losing any KI at all. So therefore Gohan had more KI than Goku and beat Goku to the punch.

I hope you understand what i'm trying to say. The person with more KI wins the melee battle. This will only work if you're going to hit your opponent head on. So even if you do have more KI, your opponent can easily hit you from the side, even if he has barely any KI.

Hopefully this isn't confusing for you... heh. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is just simply called "Howing" xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it's called "HOWing", but I answered his question. I told him exactly "what's going on here".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MyStiX said:
You need to understand the KI system. Melee depends on KI and only KI. Here's an example:

I'm SSj Goku and my opponent is Gohan. I swoop at him to make the first hit (While i'm swooping, my KI is being drained) i'm right about to hit Gohan, when he finally decides to swoop toward me and bash me against the cliff. How the hell did he just hit me when i'm SSj!? Well... the reason is because while you were draining KI, Gohan was standing still, not losing any KI at all. So therefore Gohan had more KI than Goku and beat Goku to the punch.

I hope you understand what i'm trying to say. The person with more KI wins the melee battle. This will only work if you're going to hit your opponent head on. So even if you do have more KI, your opponent can easily hit you from the side, even if he has barely any KI.

Hopefully this isn't confusing for you... heh. :p
Thanks. That explains a lot!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is basically game that requires practice and heads up predictions. Watch your enemies strategies. Apply it your melee decisions, working on countering every strategy system you see.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok.....tried the Ki thing and that didn't work. I was transformed Cell using TURBO. A good 4 million ki right there. SSJ Gohan was standing still. 2.5 million. I had nearly twice as much Ki as him....Swoop...WHAM! I got hit from him just standing there.

grrrr......

Best answers
KI and powerlevel aren't the same thing

Powerlevel is the NUMBER in that bar. KI is the blue stuff in the bar. Keep the bar as full as possible, by charging up alot, and using shorter swoops opposed to longer ones. The longer you swoop, the less likly you are to win a head on attack.

Standing still dosn't always work either, because if you swoop at someone too late, even if you have more ki, they will still smash you back.

Your absolue best bet is to *not* attack from the front, rather turn at the last second and hit from the side, or maybe stop short, and teleport, and then re-swoop.

It takes practice and patience. Don't attack from the front if you don't have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom