Who'd like a beat down?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I challenge anyone to a fight to the death! Any takers?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bleh, I have no idea as to why i have accepted this match. Maybe it was due to bordome, or maybe my inactivity in fight club. Even though its clear that your skills are higher then mine, i will do my best so that i don't waiste your time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*applies powder to hands*
*stretches*
*does squats, then push-ups*
*eats breakfast*
*goes to bathroom*

Alright, now we can get this thing started!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry this is taking so long guys :(, lots of other stuff. I'll have something posted up by tommorow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ooc: Had to do this all in bits and pieces. Sorry it took so long.
-----------------------------------

It was quite far out to sea, his destination. Surrounded by the deep blue waters of the Pacific, propped upon the seabed with reinforced columns of concrete, Oil Rig six was representative to the miracles of modern engineering. And, more important, it was the thing that would bring SA_Gohan large amounts of money for years to come.

His helicopter began to descend from on high, falling towards the steel construct at a gentle rate. As the minutes passed, and the rig grew, SA began to make out specks that swarmed across its many decks. More people than I thought. Might have to fire some after I buy this place.

The chopper touched down on the helipad raised slightly above the main deck, rocking on its struts slightly before settling. The pilot turned down the engines, and the scream of the engines began to lessen.

The young man stood from his seat and jumped down to the deck. Dressed in jeans and a black t-shirt, he hardly looked the multi-billionaire that he was.

In one quick gaze, he took in all there was to see, noted the faces of the workers he saw running from point to point carrying out duties; he didn't fail to notice the despair in their eyes. He almost pitied them. The company that owned the rig was poor and barely able to pay all of its workers, let alone pay them what they were worth.
He shook his head. It had certainly been a long time since he'd had money related problems, and it was all due to what had happened 6 years ago.

When he was a young child, a number of books that dealt with the manipulation of several types of energy had come into his possession. His parents dead, and with little to do in his days but scrounge for food or sleep, he'd had plenty of time to study and practice the teachings he'd found in them.
Due to his studies, he gained the ability to manipulate several types of energy, but one type in particular fascinated him to no end, it was this that he chose to master. Chakra it was called.
But the years of time and effort and suffering he'd put into his personal training was not what had not brought him fortune.
One day during one of his study sessions he summoned something from outside of his dimension. It had been a simple katana with inscriptions upon both sides of the blade. The meaning of the symbols on one side were a mystery to him, but on its opposite were spelled the words Nilliu, which he figured to be the name of the weapon.

After that had happened, his luck had taken a considerable change for the better.

He reached back into the helicopter and pulled out the metal briefcase that had been lying by his seat, then turned to his pilot. "Thanks alot Riley. Why don't you fly back to the mainland and pick me up after dinner, I should be done by here by then.

"Sure boss. See you in a few hours."
Moments later Riley had taken the chopper back into the air; SA watched until it disappeared from sight before jumping down from the landing pad to the main deck. A man was there to greet him.

He was much older than SA. His build was tall and broad, his face wrinkled and gristled, and his hair had streaks of grey running from the scalp all the way to the back. Though he wore cologne, it could not fully mask his normal smell, which was one of brine and ocean air. Here was a true man of the ocean.

"Gohan," he greeted grimly. His voice was deep and rough, but easily heard over the din that was comprised of rig operations.
SA took the proffered hand and shook it. "Mr. Carter."

Carter gestured towards the personnel elevator to their left, and the two made their way into it. The seaman hit the number two before leaning against the back wall, hands shoved into his pockets.

All but the elevators floor was made of glass and SA had little problem seeing the workers that they passed on their way down. Almost subconsciously he began memorizing their looks and what they were doing. Within a moment he'd already decided to fire 5 of the 18 people he'd seen. It was these 5 that were the most hopeless looking and would probably be struggling the most with several other issues. Therefore it was these five that wouldn't be performing up to standards and wouldn't be worth paying for their efforts.

That he would be denying them what was likely their only and last source of income occurred to him, but SA would not allow that to sway his silent judgment. Business was all about making a profit from investments, whatever else people thought about it was but an addition to that concept. There were times when it was simply necessary to remove sub standard or unproductive parts from a machine, and so did it work in the business world.
It was a fact SA had learned early on in life . . .

As the level counter dropped to two Gohan glanced over his shoulder and saw the troubled expression upon Carter's face.

"Something wrong?"

The man glanced up at him. "What makes you think something's wrong?"

"Well, its just most people would be happy when they're about to come into a quarter billion dollars, and yet you look like your cat just drowned or something."

The elevator dinged as the counter hit one and the doors opened onto an empty steel corridor.

"It's this whole transaction. It's a lot of money I know, and I'd be mad not to accept it in exchange for ownership of the rig, especially considering the financial trouble Jensen Oil has been in these past years. But the people there were doing the best they could by us I know, and it feels like I'm betraying them somehow."

"Well you're not, believe me. The amount I paid them for this rig is much more than they'll require to set their affairs in order and perhaps even begin turning profit again. And the personal amount I'm paying to you and your men for your continued services is only to make your lives and the financial hardships you've had to endure these years a bit easier so that you can continue here. I respect you guys, and I take care of those I respect, so believe me, this is the best possible course of action you could have taken."

SA and Carter came to a stop at the door to his office.
The older man ran a hand through his hair before reaching for the door handle. He paused before turning it though. "It's not just Jensen I'm concerned about though, it's my men. They've worked along side me for five years now, and not once did I hear them complain when times got tough . . . they trust me, and I want to do what's best for them."

He opened the door and let it swing inward.

"Which is why I'm considering a counter offer."

SA's jaw dropped in shock. "NANI?!" ([Japanese] Nani = What)

"Some of my men have real financial problems. Before coming here a couple guys had no place to live, and some- many, have lost their houses to banks while working here. That's how bad the economy is right now. I just want to make sure they get what they need without the rest of my men having to suffer for it. Not only that, but sometime in the near future, I want to be able to buy back this place for myself and start my own business like I’d originally planned."

"But I offered you a quarter billion dollars, certainly enough to pay off the debts of hundred or so sailors! And with the salary we agreed I'd give you, you'd certainly be able to buy the rig back from me in just a few years."

"This other guy offered 300 million dollars for the rig, and 200 percent increase in the salary you offered to me."

SA followed Carter into the office and took a seat in one of the chairs before his desk.
He calmed himself quickly enough, but was still incredulous that Carter had betrayed him. He didn't like that, but it was Carter's livelihood and that of his men's that were at stake here, and so understandable that he would consider better offers for himself and his crew.

It's not personal, just business.

SA set the suitcase next to his chair then intertwined his fingers. "Who is this other guy anyway?"

Carter took his own seat behind the desk and glanced at his watch. "His name is Iceman."

Never heard of him.

"When is he supposed to be here?" SA asked instead.

"Actually I thought he would have been here to meet us in the office so that we could do the introductions properly."

An unknown, irresponsible "business" man. It should be easy to outbid him. He probably put up his life savings trying to outbid me.

As they waited, SA caught sight of a picture hanging on the wall to his left. When he'd been in this office before he'd noticed it, but never really taken note of it. It was filled with people, many of which were either very young or well into their fifties. Some though were not to much older than SA himself, particularly two people in the center of the picture that stood out from the others.

"Who are they?" SA asked.

Carter shrugged in seeming indifference, but Gohan couldn't help noticing the quiver in his arms as he spoke, and the undercurrent of pain in his voice. "My wife, myself, and her family from about 6 years."

Come to think of it, the guy in the center of the picture did vaguely resemble the man before him now, albeit that one was actually smiling and didn't look so worn.

"It's been awhile since you took any shore leave. When was the last time you saw them?"

"About 6 years ago. They're dead."

SA blinked in surprise and lowered his head in respect. "I'm sorry to hear-"

"HEY CARTER! YOU MADE YOUR DECISION Y-"

Gohan turned in his seat to see the guy that just walked. He was tall, almost as tall as he himself was, and clad in black. A black hooded sweater covered his torso, heavy black jeans fell below his ankles, and black boots tipped with steel wrapped around his feet. His hands too were covered with black leather gloves, and the fingers were plated with metal as well.

Show off.

He paused upon his entrance, the words dying on his lips as he saw SA seated in front of him.

"What this?" he demanded.

Carter and SA_g rose to their feet.

"Iceman this is the other bidder, SA_Gohan."

SA extended a hand and Iceman shook it. His grip was strong and confident, and the smile he gave him seemed genuine enough, but the expression didn't extend any higher than his nose.
"Hi, how are you?"

"You're late," Gohan pointed out with some irritation.

Iceman shrugged. "I overslept man, but I'm here now so let's just get started, alright?"

"Fine."

The competitors having taken their seat, Carter removed a sheet of paper from his desk. The deed to the oilrig. The older man looked at SA for a moment before shrugging. "Let's begin bidding at 310 million."

"350," Iceman said easily.

"360," SA countered.

"370."

"380"

From there the amount began to climb even higher, passing 400 million, than 500 and finally slowing at around six. Between each bid there was a slight pause in which SA and Iceman glared at each other, electricity almost sparking in the air between them before they tried to out do the other's bid.

Finally fed up, Iceman made his ultimate bid. "Forget this. 1 Billion dollars . . . beat that fool."

SA's jaw worked before he was able to form words. 1 Billion on a single business venture. Way too risky.
With a sigh he shook his head. "I can't."

"Didn't think so." Ice smirked triumphantly. "Now I can turn this place into the water amusement park I always wanted."

Carter frowned. "The agreement was that you would allow me to manage the rig as it is."

"Well you misunderstood. I'll of course allow you to keep managing the rig, but I'll be changing its function to something more people friendly. Probably fire all the bums you have working out there too and higher some respectable folk too."

SA shook his head in wonder. What a moron!

Carter's jaw tightened but somehow, even after the insult to both his intelligence and his men, his voice remained even. "I see. Well, given this new development, I'm deciding to accept SA_Gohan's last bid of 550 million dollars."

Ice leapt from his seat. "WHAT?!

ALRIGHT!

With a grin, SA spread his pointer and middle finger at his competitor. \ /

"But you can't do that!"

"I just did."

Iceman scowled at the other two men before sneering at SA in particular and marching out of the office with his hands shoved into his pockets.

"Thanks, Carter."

Carter dropped back into his seat in irritation. "That guy . . . it's no problem. Let's get this over with."

SA brought his suitcase in his lap, and popped it open before turning it around and pushing it onto his associates desk. The smell of freshly pressed money began to permeate the room.

"There's 250 million there, and here . . . is . . . a . . . check . . . for the rest of the money."

For a long moment Carter held the check and looked at the money in silence before finally smiling. "My crew will be happy to see-"

A quick succession of loud thuds, followed by a shudder that ran through the entire station cut his words off.

"What the hell?"
Carter reached for the mike under his desk and nearly yelled into it.

"Freddie, what's the heck's going on up there?! Freddie!"
His question was only answered with static.

Carter jumped to his feet. "Let's go."

The elevator couldn't move fast enough as it shuttled SA and Carter back up to the upper levels of the station. The entire the trip there were shudders that racked the entire rig, and through the glass SA could see only smoke.

"One of the oil tanks must have ruptured," Carter whispered to himself.

Finally they came to the main deck and the ding of the doors parting was followed by a chorus of pain and fear filled screams that assaulted the ears of the two men.

SA and Carter ran out into the confusion, smoke clouding there vision. The sound of men dying seemed to come from all directions, but it was from one that the screams seemed to be the loudest, and it was there that SA charged while Carter ran to one of his downed men.

The smoke got lighter as he ran, until finally it was cleared completely and a scene of utter devastation and chaos was revealed to the young man. The helipad was gone and in its place was only a smoking crater with partially slagged edges. To his left the radio tower was burning brightly, lit up like some giants hand torch; to his right a whole section of the main deck had been seemingly broken clean away, like a massive sea beast had taken a bite out of it. But this destruction was superficial, it could be repaired with time and money, what lay before him could not however.

Bodies. Dozens of human bodies. The men that had been operating up here just half an hour earlier were at his feet, most dead and pooling lifeforce onto the cold metal of their rig, but many others were still alive, and it was from them that the screams emitted. They creeped along the deck trailing blood away, trying desperately to escape from the one that wrought so much pain upon them. Ultimately it would be futile.

The cause of the destruction, the person responsible for so much death and pain, stood balanced atop the railing, a triumphant smirk upon his face. The metal of his gloves and boots reflected the midday sun, causing them to glow white, while his dark clothes seemingly absorbed the light around him.

Iceman.

The younger teen jumped from his perch and landed before Gohan. His form glowed with energy, and his eyes were alight with malevolence. "Don't ever piss me off," he growled.

SA gulped hard, not from fear, but to hold down his food. The smell of burning flesh was billowing from the radio tower. "Why have you done this?"

"Why? Do you know how long I've dreamt of having this rig as my own?! The spot is perfect, the temperature is perfect, everything is perfect about it! It was the prime place to build my water park, but you stole that from me. I've waited years for Jensen to grow desperate enough to sell, years! I've waited even longer than that for Carter to give up his part of the deed. And all that waiting now means nothing 'cause you screwed it up for me!. Well, fine, I don't care about this hole anymore. If I can't have it, then no one will . . . especially you."

Iceman quickly shifted his hands in a combination of movements.

He uses Chakra as well!

"Now get on your knees, I want to savor this part."

"Screw that." Lightning fast, SA's hands darted out and grabbed Iceman's, stopping him before he could complete his technique. "Fool," he muttered, before yanking down hard and slamming a knee into the other's chin. Ice reeled backwards in pain, then was sent flying from the powerful back kick SA slammed into his solar plexus. A howl of pain escaped him as he sailed in a low arc and collided with the radio tower hard enough to lean it in his direction.

Best to finish this quickly.

Jumping into the air for the best effect, Gohan began his own set of hand movements as he gathered his Chakra. "Horse . . . Tiger . . . Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu!" ([Japanese] Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu = Fire Element; Grand Fireball Skill)

The air rippled with heat as a powerful blast of fire erupted from SA's mouth. The attack tore up the space between itself and its intended target, and with no time to recover, the fireball enveloped Iceman completely and detonated against what was left of the radio tower.

The resulting explosion was greater than anticipated and served to toss Gohan higher into the air. As he fell, he somersaulted and skidded safely to a stop not far from where he had begun the fight. As the flames rose higher into the sky he wondered whether or not it had been wise using such a strong fire attack in a place where there was an abundance of explosive liquids.

Well, no matter. He breathed out and smirked. Ice would dead after an attack like that. What an idiot . . .

"Don't celebrate yet."

Instinctively SA jumped to the side, narrowly avoiding a swarm of shurikens that would have shredded him. He spun towards the voice and arched an eyebrow. Iceman was leaned against the railing, arms folded across his chest.

"You're pretty quick, maybe this fight will be more fun than I thought."

Ice wiped away the trail of blood that leaked down the side of his jaw. "It's not often I get hit, especially so hard. Pretty impressive . . . but from your technique and reaction to my appearance, I'd say that you haven't received any formal training in Ninjutsu or Taijutsu." ([Japanese] Ninjutsu = Chakra based skills/technique's, Taijutsu = Ninja hand to hand combat.)

SA glanced over at the wreckage of the tower, frowning. His attack had hit Iceman, he'd seen the flames incinerate him . . .
"How did you survive that?"

"Easily. You poor dope, you seriously don't know much about what we are. I used Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu to create a water clone of myself, then with Kawarimi I simply switched places with my clone so that he would take the hit while I could prepare for my next attack. But then again, you had no idea these Jutsu's even existed, so you still don't fully understand . . . and you certainly don't realize what an advantage this gives me."

Gohan frowned. Was that even possible? He'd read his books on energy from cover to cover, memorized every page, every technique, every bit of knowledge located therein, and there hadn't been anything on Mizu Bunshin or Kawarimi, so how could these things even exist?

The books had to have come from somewhere. Blast, all this time I've thought I was one of the only people on Earth to have mastered this power . . . but somewhere out there it are people using the books I learned to teach hundreds of students these things. No doubt I only got part of an instruction volume on Chakra so I'm missing alot of information.

Well there was one thing that gave him an advantage in this fight, and that was cause enough for him to smile. From his books he'd learned how to manipulate multiple types of energy.

"Think what you wish, Ice, think what you wish."

"Then I'll go ahead and think that these are the last moments of your life!" Rushing forward with the aid of Chakra, Iceman's speed was nearly enough catch SA off guard. This time he opted to use Taijutsu, where he was certain he had an advantage.
His first strike was high, a back fist to the side of the head that might have caved in SA's skull hadn't he blocked it. Chakra exploded away from the point of contact and both fighters teeth were gritted as they struggled in place to overpower the other.

Realizing that he couldn't maintain control over his Chakra for long in this manner, SA jumped away, spinning with his momentum and directing a roundhouse kick to his adversaries side.

It connected, but Ice merely smirked and grabbed his leg before he spun and launched Gohan towards the remains of the tower.
The young man didn't maintain his momentum for long and skidded to a stop short of the fiery wreckage, then flipped to his feet and bounded back into the fight.

As the combat began to draw out, SA began to feel his senses expand, first to within just a few feet of himself, then all around him. It was as if he was watching his fight from the third person. His body took over for the battle automatically, led by some mysterious force, and with his mind free of worries for the moment, he began to reexamine what it was Iceman had been saying earlier about the Jutsu's he'd used to his Grand Fireball.

Abruptly Iceman was sent spinning away from a hook kick that had caught him squarely in the jaw. He whirled about in the air fives time before landing on the body of a person he'd killed with an audible thud.

His heart rate was above normal, and his muscles were beginning to fatigue, but SA smiled. "Look's like you're the one who's in need of formal training in Taijutsu. As for myself, I've studied under several martial arts masters over the years."

Slowly, Ice picked himself up off the ground, kicking the body he'd landed on into the ocean upon rising. For a long moment he stood there, his head bent and arms hanging loose at his side; hands hidden in the long sleeves of his sweater. A low chuckle escaped his lips and he threw back the hood of his jacket. "You poor fool, you haven't realized that I wasn't even trying this entire fight. Even a beginner might have guessed this, but you . . . you're nothing."
His hands erupted from within his sleeves them and came together. "Kirigakure no Jutsu!" ([Japanese]: Hidden Mist Skill)

"Kaasu!" He'd been doing Jutsu while talking to me!
SA leapt forward in attempt to stop the seal, but it was already to late. Almost immediately a strange fog began to rise from the sea and envelope the rig.
A grin on his face, Iceman merely stepped backwards, and in doing so disappeared from sight into the thickening mist.

Gohan raced after him, knowing that he had to bring an end to the fight now, but Ice had vanished.
The fighter desperately glanced around in an attempt to find him, but the extent of his vision had been reduced to a dozen feet. Much worse, but the density of this fog was giving him trouble breathing.

"Where . . . "

A whisper of movement was all the warning he got before Iceman materialized in front of him, a kunai in hand. "Goodbye." Instinctively SA twisted to the side, but he couldn't possibly have moved fast enough to avoid the attack, and the knife caught him the shoulder. Pain fired across his nervous system and it was all he could do to keep from screaming.

Gohan lashed out with his other arm, but failed to hit anything as Ice leapt backwards into the mist, laughing like a demon.

Blood flowing down his chest and arm, the young man stumbled backwards several feet, only managing to catch himself against the railing of the rig when he bumped against it.
Breath laboring in his chest, and his strength quickly failing him, SA collapsed to one knee. Spots began to dance before his eyes, and darkness to encroach upon his vision. He struggled to stand, but it was as though a heavy weight had settled across his shoulders.
Mochi . . . mochi . . .

And then darkness took him.

-----------
([Japanese]Mochi = Must not, Kaasu = Damn)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom