Who Dares? (Open Challenge)

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
From what I've seen so far the Royal Rumble is going to take a whole new level of fighting. If I'm going to even compete I need a heck of a lot more practice.

So I'm throwing down the gauntlet once again. I'll meet any challenger, preferably someone I haven't faced off against before but I'll take on anyone who accepts. 1 on 1, 2 on 1, even 3 on 1; I don't care if I win or lose so long as I get in as much practice as I can.

Thats my offer, ladies and gentlemen. Who accepts?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I need MEGA practice, that's why I'm doing a fanfic, and a tag team match, and I need to work on my match with Cuc, so I will accept.

Best answers
well you said you wouldnt mind a 2on1, how bouts letting me in as well :D

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Um, I'm not against it. That way I get lots n lots of practice. :D

Now we just need a ref..

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok . . . 3 on 1 match

The challengers write one after the other like a tag match, each including the previous writer's story in their own. You each get 2 attacks on Engar, he gets 1 attack on you (in your post)

Engar, you get 2 attacks on each of them in your round, they get 1 attack on you. As usual, you write as if you were your own little team.

This will be for the best of three rounds, and the venue will be a complete Gymnasium, several college students are using it, and the track around the amenities.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
*sits up and grins*

All this attention, just for me? Can't say I'm surprised that you'd want to take a shot at me, especially when theres the added bonus of fighting along side 2 others. Poor little Engar is outnumbered, right?

Wrong.

None of you have what it takes to defeat me by yourselves and you certainly cant do it with two other clumsy fighters getting in your way. One by one, I'll knock you all down.

So... lets get this over with, shall we?

Step forward, children. Like lambs to the slaughter, step forward.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I never needed these two guys, just think of this as a posse that htis you when I'm done with you.

You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into.

*EDIT* I'll be using character #1, the vampire for this.

Best answers
Hickory Dicory Dock,
The Engar ran up the clock,
But like a dog he frown,
When The Engar fell down,
And was pummled into a rock.

I admit I do need 2 partners. One to carry your legs, and the other to carry your torso out of the arena. I'll keep the head as a trophy.

.... My only suggestion for you is to run and hide *******, run.. and hide.

Don't evade the filter ¬_¬ Prozac

Best answers
<.harsh> shhh Engar, thats the sound of noone caring what you think <./harsh>

ok ill be the third person on line of the tag match, when all turns bad ill pull you both out of the fire.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
The Gymnasium was full of activity that day, a bustle of students moving to and fro across the broad, gleaming area. Some were trying, with the occasional grunt of failure, to pole vault over the high-bar and onto the blue mat beyond. Others were practicing acrobatics on a bar about 3 metres in diameter over another mat. A couple were even struggling around their 4th lap of the track, tracksuits soaked with the sweat of students working off too many study-snacks.

The majority of the population of the Gymnasium, however, was concentrated in its centre. It was there that the weight lifting equipment was being used and a little way off from that a Judo class was practicing. Everyone was absorbed in his or her own training. Even Engar was working, preparing his body for the physical strains he knew the Rumble would put upon him.

Engar was lying on his back, steadily pumping a dumbbell up and down with no sign of difficulty. On one side of the dumbbell Henry, one of the stronger college students Engar had come across, was trying unsuccessfully to keep the dumbbell down. On the other side Andrew, the strongest college student Engar had come across was attempting to do the same. Thus far, Engar was winning.

“Engar! We’ve come to knock some sense into your big head, you haven’t a chance at the title!”

He sighed, still staring upwards towards the bright yellow lights that hung far above his head, and nodded towards the speaker.

“Andrew? Henry? You guys mind taking care of these clowns?”

The two nodded silently, slightly in awe of Engar, and lumbered off out of his sight. He had had quite a bit of attention since joining the Rumble and the two students, while still at the human level, were strong enough to keep most of the more foolish away. There were two dull, meaty thuds then the two re-entered his vision for a moment, sailing over his head. Engar blinked and sat up slowly - the mammoth weight of the dumbbell gripped in his left hand – in order to reassess his challengers. Apparantly these weren't the average fools..

The first two stood slightly ahead of the other, the way they felt giving him the impression that it was they who hand knocked out his friends. One was lean in build, like Engar himself, but felt strong. The other was the same but Engar found his attention drawn to the figure in the back, slouched with arms folded and a smirk on his face. There was an incredible power coming from this one and while he could usually find something of it in the person’s eyes, a pair of dark sunglasses shut off this form of intuition.

“My name is Madd Dog, my friend is Ultima2_Freeze and the guy in the back is called Magus. We’ve decided that you don-“

“Yes, yes,” Engar stepped up swiftly, he had been worried at first but now ‘battle fever’ was crawling its way along his limbs; he was a slave to it now. “Don’t have a chance at the title, I heard you the first time. Lets get this over with shall we?”

The first out of the four of them to move was Ultima2_Freeze, kicking off the ground with arms outstretched to catch him and hold him down. If they got him down he was through, that was obviously their plan so he had to work to disappoint them. His left hand blurred in an arc that swung the dumbbell over his head and smashed it down on Ultima2_Freeze’s. The warrior bounced off the hard, fake-wood flooring with a crack and as he rose upwards Engar caught him under the chin with the dumbbell again, having caught it with his right hand and swung it back upwards.

“I think you’ve underestimated me..”

“Or!” From behind powerful, pale hands gripped at him, trying to grasp hold of him. Twisting sideways - his mind full of the dark alley fights of his youth - Engar smashed his knee up where he believed the crotch to be and was rewarded by a groan of pain. The dumbbell came up again, desperately this time, and caught Magus in the face. As fragments of dark glass exploded over his face, Magus grasped the dumbbell and wrenched it easily from Engar’s grip.

He was free now but surrounded, Ultima2_Freeze was back on his feet and apart from a bruise swelling on his cheek looked no worse for wear. Magus was actually laughing, the dumbbell buckling under his hands until he had formed a crude metal ball, which he dropped carelessly to the ground. Almost hypnotised, Engar watched as the yellow-brown flooring warped and distorted under the weight and didn’t realise that Madd Dog was approaching before it was too late.

Blinking rapidly, Madd was suddenly right in front of Engar – his hand rising upwards under Engar’s chin for a devastating uppercut – then gone again just as quick. Next he was behind Engar who was still stumbling backwards, dazed and hurting, his fist cracking off the small of Engar’s back viciously. Engar turned just in time to see him blink again, and then Madd was hovering behind him – his right foot hooking out and knocking Engar forwards into a heavy metal stand, the weights it held tumbling down on top of him.

The three approached slowly.

“Not much of a challenge,” muttered Ultima2_Freeze, rubbing the bridge of his nose gingerly. “He really shouldn’t have been in the Rumble..” Madd Dog didn’t say anything and Magus, the most experienced of the three, was already stepping backwards. There was one small, almost unnoticeable ripple of energy, then Engar was exploding from the metal heap – small weights blurring through the air as he stood up and glared back at his opponents.

Turning with a grimace, Engar drew back and spat a gob of blood and mucus onto the ground – a tooth rolled out of the blob and glowed white under the bright lights.

“This may be harder than I thought..”

Ultima2_Freeze was the first to move again, kicking off the ground into a flying roundhouse that Engar narrowly ducked under. Engar, turning quickly, tried to kick out at Ultima2_Freeze’s back while he was off balance but the warrior was quick, landing in a roll he was soon back on his feet with a handheld weight in each hand.

Madd Dog, meanwhile, had drawn up behind him and his fist came crashing down – on thin air. Twisting around, Engar knocked another punch away and hopped back as Madd Dog kicked at his knees. Still approaching, Madd Dog came at Engar with a volley of lightning fast punches that crackled with excess energy. Twirling around, Madd chopped at Engar’s neck and, bopping back, Engar could feel the sparks grounding in his skin from the near miss.

Forced off balance as he was, Engar had no way to prevent himself from being swept off his feet by Ultima2_Freeze who was pushing his advantage as far as it would go. Engar landed hard, his head smacking off the ground with a crack that filled his vision with purple dots, then his world snapped back with painful clarity as Ultima2 brought both hands, still clenching the weights, down onto his stomach.

Engar’s limbs jumped in the sudden pain, twisting onto his stomach and twitching as desperately tried to force his lungs into action. Ultima2_Freeze wouldn’t waste any time though, he grabbed Engar by one arm and one leg and, with no sign of difficulty, heaved him up and into the air.

After a brief, confused moment of flight he landed with a thump to the sound of a muffled scream, his fight hadn’t been going on unnoticed and several spectators had gathered at the pole-vaulting. When Engar landed on the thick blue mat the crowd scattered out of fear, unsurprisingly as Magus was currently striding towards them. He crawled towards the edge of the mat, clumsy and unable to stand with bruises starting to form along his shoulder where he had landed much harder than even the mat had been intended to help with.

Rolling off the mat and onto his feet, the pain a heavy throbbing that filled his mind, Engar forced himself to run even as Magus drew closer. Ahead of him the acrobats were fleeing in terror, stumbling over themselves and in some cases leaping from the bar and onto the ground in desperation to get away. As he got closer and closer to the bar, feeling more desperate by the minute, he could almost hear Magus’ breathing. Almost feel it on the back of his neck. He could feel the half-vampire/half-werewolf brush his fingers against his back in an attempt to catch him, then his good hand caught the bar and he was swinging up onto it.

For a brief second, just as his feet landed on the bar and he straightened up, he felt his balance shift and almost went tumbling down. But Magus was down there and falling would be the end of him. Unfortunately Magus had even less problems getting up than he did, he hooked one hand on the bar and kicked off the ground, swinging up first then back around – releasing the bar at the apex of his climb and somersaulting backwards to land neatly on the bar without any sign of problem. He looked up and smirked at Engar, but some of the confidence was gone. He was blinking a lot more now; he didn’t like the bright lights even if they weren’t as lethal as sunlight.

Engar tried to move in and take what advantage he could get by sidestepping up the pole as quickly as he could and bringing his left out in a quick jab to put Magus off his balance. Magus, however, was in his element. He deflected the blow easily and the two more that came after that without any problem. Taking another step forwards, watching out of the corner of his eye as Madd and Ultima2 approached, Engar punched out with his left only to have it caught in Magus’ vice like grip.

Magus smirk swelled into a full-blown grin and he yanked Engar forwards, the dazed fighter barely able to keep his footing on the bar as he was drawn towards his opponent. Wasting no time on niceties, Magus brought his right fist around into Engar’s stomach and, as he recoiled backwards, yanked him forwards again in order to upper cut him in a lightning fast blow.

Unbelievably quick and strong, the blow lifted Engar backwards through the air into an ungainly somersault that landed him awkwardly on the bar, his hands desperately seizing hard of the cold metal in order to keep up. All he could think of was Magus approaching relaxed as though he were walking in the park and not on a bar but Engar’s attention was soon torn away. Powerful hands gripped his legs and pulled at him, almost tearing him in two..

This is it? This is how it ends?!

Never!

The bar buckled under the sudden increase in pressure and, screaming filling the air, torn from its supports. Madd recoiled backwards as Engar’s foot, suddenly ten times as strong, slammed directly into his face and lifted him into the air. Magus, who had been thrown into the air when the bar was torn away, was caught by the self-same bar as it sliced through the air and batted away into the distance. Ultima2 received the same treatment, an enraged Engar turning and hurling the 3 metre long pole like a javelin, picking Ultima2 up and carrying him back towards the pole-vaulting mat.

The energy that consumed Engar had barely began to die down before Madd Dog was on him, sparks crawling along his fists as he pummelled the air, but the air was all he hit. Dancing around the blows, Engar waited until Madd put too much of himself into his punch and lost his balance. Engar’s fist dug into Madd’s stomach and, almost too fast to follow, kicked off the ground and swept his foot around in roundhouse that sent Madd crashing to the ground that splintered in his wake.

Exhausted for the moment, Engar collapsed to his knees and drew great, heaving breathes. Ki-Wielding was still unnatural to him, he still found it hard to bare.

“Stronger though..” he muttered to himself, “always getting stronger.”

“Not enough.”

And there they were, bruised but far from done while he had taken thrice as much punishment. It would have been so easy to just stay down.. But this was about honour. He hadn’t backed down against T.G._Cid. He hadn’t backed down against Cucumba. He hadn’t backed down against Scruffie. To back down know was to disgrace those he had faced before.

So, memories of comrades filling his mind, Engar stood up.

Ready for the next round.

**OFF-TOPIC**

Whoee, must be one of my biggest Fight-Club posts to date. Had to up the size in order to work everyone in, good luck guys.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Blargh, I'm swamped with alot of work :| Sorry to do this, but Next round or whatever someone kill me or something, I'm going to have to withdraw.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Um Ultima2? Madd Dog? Are you guys still interested in fighting me? o_O

Best answers
oh sorry forgot :p been busy recently, ill write something up tonight or tomorra, sorry bout that

Best answers
=( Sorry, I'm going to have to withdraw (lucky you o_o), I just got swamped with make up work =\ Not enough for Engar Pwnedge =( sorry.

Best answers
The Gym was alive with student playing murder ball on the far side of the basketball court, Engar stood waiting alone, hands over his chest for his three opponents. Suddenly a purple spark appeared about a meter in front of him in mid air, it began to spark bigger until a round circular opening began to grow with the purple electricity spiraling around the circumference. When the portal was as tall as the average man Madd dog stepped through confidently, appearing as he does in his bio, matrix style clothing, with short spiked hair. Behind him the portal quickly shrank and disappeared in a quick flashing of purple electricity.

"Where are the rest?" Engar asked Madd in a casual voice.

"Meh..." Madd responded relaxing his posture, "It seams everyone has dropped out and with my current fighting skill this battle is already yours, I just came along to see how I could compare against such a great writer."

"Flattery will get you everywhere" Engar continued after Madd had finished speaking. "Let’s get this over with then"

Engar lunged forward with a head but, Madd attempted to avoid it with no luck, Engar's writing skills were too good for him, he steps backward from the impact, his head throbbing.

"Ow that hurt" Madd whimpered trying to hold back the hurt in his voice.

Engar surprised by his opponents weakness backed off for a sec, "Really?" he questioned.

"Nope I’m kidding" Madd shot back with a punch to the gut. Engar leaned over in the pain and Madd, using both hands clutched together, brought then down on Engar upper back sending him onto the floor on his hands and knees.

"DIRTY FIGHTER! DIRTY FIGHTER!" the school kids began to chant at the sudden fight that had broken out, all leaving their game to form a large circle around the two fighters. Madd waited a few seconds before moving back towards Engar who was getting up from the last blow, still on his knee's Engar managed to pull the rest of his body in an upright position.

"Please stay down so we can finish this quick" Madd mocked and sent a hard kick Engar way, who he immediately caught it mid-flight with both hands.

"Sorry buddy this is my game" Engar mocked back before twisting Madd dogs leg 180 degrees, turning the rest of Madd's body midair and causing him to fall on the gym floor holding his knee in pain.

"What now mister dirty fighter" Engar said softly as he stood over Madd dog, "you cant get lower then that"

*splat* Madd hocked a loogie and spat it at Engar hitting him on the chin.

"I stand corrected you worthless piece of S#@T!" Engar lost his temper and lunged at Madd Dog, sprawling on top of him laying punches into chest and face. "SPIT ON ME WHY DONT YOU!" he cried out like a wild man.

It took near 10 students to pull him off Madd dog and give him some breathing room.

"Is Engar ok?" Madd called out dazed while coming back to the conscious world.

"Come on Madd Dog, Can you fight a round without being a dirty fighter or a cheap little bugger?" Engar asked as Madd shakily stood back on his feet.

"Yeah, I usually do fight fair, I thought I might try something different this round..." Madd continued while rubbing his bruised face, "but you wont be seeing any more of that, it hurts too dam much"

"Come on then bring it, Round two awaits" Engar replied while going into a fighting stand and the students began to back off into the wide circle they had formed last round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom