1.2 melee question...

Best answers
Sorry if this has been brought up... But I sanned the page, saw that this hasnt been brought up, and since the screen shot is pretty recent im assuming this hasnt been brought up... If it has, sorry.

Anywho, on topic... In one of the screen shots on the front page, you see that you have to input directions to make a combo. Uhm... I also saw that you have to input diagnol (--spelling?) directions. Uhm... I may be one of the few that have this problem, but I find it kinda hard to input diagnol directions perfectly when you only get one shot...

So, uhm... I guess my question is that will it be 'friendly' and pick up slightly mis-punched diagnol direction? Or will it even be there in the final release?

Thanks!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you sure there are diagonals? I'm fairly certain there aren't just for the sake of animations if not the keyboard.

Best answers
There are diagonals. They aren't as problematic as you might think. Check the latest news update.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is this the end of the melee system? like i know 1.1 is now 1.2 is melee system 1.3 is transformation. ... now if you ask me... making transformations for a game doesnt seem like it will take so long to make for pros like you. so does this mean you will do other things too? will you do anything in future releases? etc...

Best answers
The ESF Team will, no doubt, continue to tweak, add and remove features to improve the experience.

For all we know there's a whole new melee waiting for us in Beta 1.4....

And of course, there's still Fusion.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As Hal said, diagonals do exist. But are dealt with in an easy manner. So don't fret. :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snake101 said:
The ESF Team will, no doubt, continue to tweak, add and remove features to improve the experience.

For all we know there's a whole new melee waiting for us in Beta 1.4....

And of course, there's still Fusion.
well team does want to do like super melee specials and stuff like that (ie dragon fist) but that wont be in till like ssj3/4th forums XD

so i wouldnt worry about it much

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you see that you see that, hbiki said ssj4

ontopic, the most fun thing about beta's are the major improvements in the next release, people were praising beta 1.1 like it was the best gift they ever had, look how many are playing the game now.

same will be done with this release, people would praise and praise.
and sure you also have the one's that will keep wining,

oh plz god, dont release it, the horror when it will O_O

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, ssj4 isnt happening.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
glad its not.. ssj3 went too far already, ssj4 just plain sucked...

i dont like dbz anymore at all, but esf is still sweet, and i have some deep root in this community wich makes me unable to leave.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it was a joke people, did you really think i wouldnt know that ssj4 wont happen after hanging around since 2002?

my apologies for my sence of humor

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reptile said:
it was a joke people, did you really think i wouldnt know that ssj4 wont happen after hanging around since 2002?

my apologies for my sence of humor
You would be surprised ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:D well jeah that would blow my mind :laff:

have fun the following days pcjoe, enjoy it :)
and enjoy the credits beeing given afterwords.

i myself want to thank you here and now for youre efforts and positive steering of this mod

i thank you.

Best answers
yea, ESF guys why not add in the new transformations? level 2's for all characters, perfect cell, fuse with kami, ssj2, super buu (why do you have the brown one anyway?), freeza's third form- allien looking thing...... as I have played on servers that have server side mods that add in the second transformation....and from what I know with HL code and all, just copy and pasting the firts trans and changing the requirements really isnt that months on end time consumeing (well I know animations are nightmares to make), and with player models you dont even have to make those as there are countless very good models for all those transformations already made for ESF by fans....oh and Reptile I have been here since Alpha 2.0 in 2001 :p

oh and for SSJ2 new attack? for Goku maby Warp Kamehameha, can use the teleport button while charging the kamehameha <- maby added with ssj2 as a abilty to do, and for Vegeta how about the Atomic Blast? or Final Explosion (only can use it when you charge the whole bar, takes forever to do, and kills you and all others around you if you do get to use it!) ok I will stop will make a post in suggestions

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lt.Zack said:
yea, ESF guys why not add in the new transformations? level 2's for all characters, perfect cell, fuse with kami, ssj2, super buu (why do you have the brown one anyway?), freeza's third form- allien looking thing...... as I have played on servers that have server side mods that add in the second transformation....and from what I know with HL code and all, just copy and pasting the firts trans and changing the requirements really isnt that months on end time consumeing (well I know animations are nightmares to make), and with player models you dont even have to make those as there are countless very good models for all those transformations already made for ESF by fans....oh and Reptile I have been here since Alpha 2.0 in 2001 :p
Um........they are making more transformations. Beta 1.2 is advanced melee. The next one, beta 1.3, is going to have more transformations.

Best answers
Actually I think 2.0 was praised more than 1.1 :D, in fact id go as far to say that 2.0 was the largest jump :D, and you know what... if it wasn't... then too bad, it was because i said it was! viva la 2.0 powerstruggles!

As for the "It wouldn't be hard to do" ... yeah im sure it wouldn't be incredibly hard to do... but id rather not have a half assed product. It's gotta be somethin more than just a model change and pretty colors, and it takes time to do that.... so viva la 1.3 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom