Detail Textures in ESF?

Best answers
Alright, this is more a suggestion but it's ok in ESF Chat too. Well anyway I was wondering if the team(since they will make esf 1.2 on steam) will add the new detail textures support that the hl engine has since its on steam? I heard that it works like this:
There is the texture that you put on the map, than you tell a .txt file to place another texture(.tga file) above the already used texture in the map. Condition Zero uses it. Here is more info: http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.php?doc=1076548934-94242500
Also the problem is only Ati, radeon and Geforce FX cards support this now :S .
BTW: Did you ever played de_aztec in cs 1.5? Well look at it with detail textures: http://home.mchsi.com/~k.morman/de_aztec_1.50005.gif
I think the result is amazing

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
no, there will be not this kind of detail textures.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh? We have detailed textures, HarSens implemented it awhile ago manually ( not using steams stuff, it works on won as well ). I like ours more though since we just completly replace the texture, rather then throwing a slightly sharper texture over it.
Example (from mechmod, but ESF uses a similiar system)

Edit: Actually DJ-Ready uses the high quality textures in his new maps, I guess he'll show them you guys later :p

Best answers
Well ok, cool. I hope the result from your type of high-textures is as good as the one VALVe did. Also I heard the ones from VALVe kind of lags some pc's :(

Best answers
of course the high quality textures will lag most computers. from that link you had in your post, the high quality texture looked more like a scratching effect. everything was more detailed because there was more going on in every tile.

i think high quality textures are not needed to improve gameplay.. i can live with crappy walls and whatnot.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Eh? We have detailed textures, HarSens implemented it awhile ago manually ( not using steams stuff, it works on won as well ). I like ours more though since we just completly replace the texture, rather then throwing a slightly sharper texture over it.
Example (from mechmod, but ESF uses a similiar system)

Edit: Actually DJ-Ready uses the high quality textures in his new maps, I guess he'll show them you guys later :p
-_- ... thats why i said "not this kind of detail textures" ... i thought "our" detail textures feature was supposed to be secret untill 1.2 is out .. but oh well, now i can show you guys the sweetness of 24bit :D

Best answers
Meh, the 24 bit texturing is cool and all, but it's not that great. If you look close enough at Zero's new Cell Arena, you will see 24 bit textures in all there glory :) What's suprising is how easy it is to convert all the old textures to new ones.

Best answers
are these gonna be avalible to the people on won??!!?? cause my steam suxs

Best answers
Lol gpas... reas some posts before you ask
Pcjoe said:
Eh? We have detailed textures, HarSens implemented it awhile ago manually ( not using steams stuff, it works on won as well ).

Best answers
ok sweet when its released will there be tuts to tell u how to this in valve with the textures and stuff

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked