ESF 1.2 and won?

Tox

Best answers
Hey guys,

I had a wee look over the last 6 pages for this but to no avail, but sorry if this has cropped up before.

But when 1.2 is released will i be able to use it in my Won install?

I ask because i prefer Won to steam over ease of use (Steam takes ages man :D), and i don't play online as much as i like to, but rather play a quick lan game to kill 30 minutes now and then.

But seeing the new screenshots, and hearing that it uses the steam-supported 24bit textures, i was dubious as to wether i could still use my Won install for quick time killing lan games with bots?

I hope so, i don't wish to go through the bother of installing steam all over again. If not, well i'll have to lump it and go download it won't i? i mean, i can't be missing out on all that coolness :)

Cheers btw.

-Tox

Best answers
With the offline support for steam, i don't see a reason not to use steam (except that it takes quite long to start for the first time). We will provide a WON version and a WON installer, but we decided to focus testing mainly on the steam version. The 24 bit textures work in WON mode, if you run OpenGL.

Tox

Best answers
Thanks harSens, nice quick response.

I might shift over to steam permanently (tried it for about a month and a bit after it came out) to catch up with the train :)

Cheers gain.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you haven't tried the latest steam, you should. It was really unstable back then but now it's a lot better and faster.

-Karrde-

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam has really progressed. I have always thought the idea of Steam was a great idea. But it may have been released too early. Either way, WON will be going the way of the dodoes

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i'd rahter like to see us getting completely rid of won -_- ... steam doenst have the boundaries like won have...

Best answers
ya i just wish that damned friends network would work more often than not... but i do have to say steam has gotten a bit better... and im anti-steam so u know it had to do alot to make me say that ;P

Best answers
I dont like steam. when i create a server, it doesn't show up on the server list, so people can't join. also you can't select password protection, name of server, and max number of players.

Best answers
to max players for steam esf add this to game.cfg

"maxplayers" "numberofplayershere"

Best answers
Honestly, there's hardly any damn difference between the two, except they have different bugs when you play the same mod.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jdawg224 said:
I dont like steam. when i create a server, it doesn't show up on the server list, so people can't join.
*cough* its called a firewall */cough*

jdawg224 said:
also you can't select password protection, name of server, and max number of players.
they are called cvars. Learn which ones controol those and put them in your autoexec.cfg or your server.cfg (running off of your machine with dedicated server) or your listenserver.cfg (running off of your machine without dedicated server) and edit your game.cfg

Learn a lot more before you start complaning about that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you can't join using the friendslist and if someone wants to directly connect to you using your ip. But if you type in sv_lan 0 into console, then restart your server you will be able to have people join your game if they find it in the Server List.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom