ESF on Steam (this is NOT a problem i have)

Best answers
ok, if you guys goto www.planethalflife.com you will see that they're accepting mods to put on steam, that being from the "games list" insted of "addon games". this could make the game have lots more players.. think about this ESF Dev's

OH and you better hurry up an email them with a link to a working Steam client by the end of the week, get the details at www.planethalflife.com

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've talked to a team member or two recently and they are aware of the news. As for if they are going to do it, I don't see why they wouldn't. It would be sweet for ESF to be added as an official mod and have their new versions and patches be released through Steam.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was only a matter of time... ESF is an elite mod.

Best answers
Yeah it would be cool to esf have its updates trough Steam .... well atleast i would love it :D

Best answers
ya i have seen it grow so much since beta 1.... i know i havent played much alpha to compare to some of the others in here but its gotten REALLY popular... im starting to see it in all the Ecafes around here... so its popularity is surely growing... i just hope this popularity doesnt atract the wrong crowd...*cough* CS *cough*

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Having the ability to update via steam would rock. Could squash small bugs faster and more efficiently.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Definitely a great idea it would make it alot easier to get rid of those bugs without having to wait so long for new patches.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And it would put the pressure on Steam to update ESF instead of the ESF Team having to find mirrors :) (well right away anyways).

Best answers
the only REAL restriction for ESF being a megamod, is the fact that the community is slightly undersized for steam...

Best answers
I think it'd be a great idea to make this an official Steam mod. It would make updates much easier becase they could release tiny updates to whatever portion they wanted to fix instead of waiting for a whole new version to be done.

Best answers
Make up your mind's devs, this isnt for ever.. please tell us if you will. im sure alot of people would love to see ESF officially on Steam, and a Official mod..

ESF is so good, its better then DMC, Ricochet, TFC, combined.. my opinion is that its better then all the current official mods on Steam combined. other people might think CS is better, but i think its not.. that is if no one be's un-fair.

ESF as a official steam mod! w00t! do it!!!!!

edit:
there is plenty of up's for the dev's and players, more detailed models/maps cause of the 32BBP(bits per pixel). seriously, WON is 16BBP without editing.. Steam is 32BPP(bits per pixel) :rolleyes: (or can be) an you should be able to update easily, but im not so sure what the deal is between updating an stuff.. whether steam gives you a FTP to there main server, or what..

Best answers
the problem with esf is that it's anime based, not all people like anime

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's anime based, but not only that, it's based on a specific anime. Steam would allow more word to get out about the mod though. Whether it be someone who likes fighting-style games or a hardcore DBZ fan, getting more people to play ESF is a good thing!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The fact that the copyright for the materials that the game is based on do not belong to our Dev team might put the brakes on any official support from steam. Though it would be to everyone's advantage to have ESF gain access to the full HL game engine.

(You think ESF is cool now, wait untill they are supported by Valve :D)

Best answers
Cucumba said:
(You think ESF is cool now, wait untill they are supported by Valve :D)
......it will suck. Think of how they screwed with Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. If the game will somehow go to valves develepors, they will ruin it... if they just advertise or something it'll be cool.
But I don't think it will become an official mod and neither it will be there for all steam users. If VALVe accepts it, I suppose that only the steam users that have it installed will see it, and it will appear in the My Games list.
As for the official esf team, they will be able to update it somehow. Well anyway, don't think it will happen...esf has 90% of it's "idea" from Akira Toryiama so it must be with his permission :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he means like full Steam Support (like auto-updating, and the icon works on friends list etc), and not VALVe taking over the project.

Best answers
Well, that's if it gets full support from Valve....doubt that's really gonna happen though.

It would be nice though, you could pretty much fix bugs in less than a day without waiting for a major patch :)

Best answers
VALVe are just about the most disorginized group of developers i've ever seen. I have very little doubt that they'd mess with the game so much that they would ruin its original status of innovativity and fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom