Cant get ESF to show up at custom games

Best answers
Hey, i installed the new beta version 1.1 or whatever of ESF and yes i have the 1.1.1.0 version of half life, but when i go into custom games in half life, it doesnt show up. Also, i tried using steam, but when i join an ESF game it gives me an error that the client.dll differs from the servers.. what's up? and plz dont say i need to update, cause trust me, i did... please help :cry:

Best answers
do, you have all seeing eye, if so open up all seeing eye then go 2 host open half-life then go 2 custom games then it will say esf,
or u might have not installed it right
or try the esf shortcut

Best answers
Nope didn't work, still doesn't show ESF, am i supposed to install it to a certain directory? when i first install it, a ESF icon comes on my desktop, but when i start it, it searches for hl.exe, when it finds it under my c:sierra/half-life folder, it just opens up half life, and still doesnt show in custom games, please help

Best answers
I. Installation & Getting Started (back)

1. Download the latest beta installer from the esf site.
2. Run the installer. *note* it may take a few minutes to scan for the hl.exe so be patient, it didn't freeze.
3. Launch ESF using the desktop or start menu shortcuts provided.

4.Configure your video settings and controls.

5. From there click on Multiplayer> Custom and choose a name for yourself

6. Go to Multiplayer>Internet games and select filters. check the "are running game box" and select esf from the drop down menu.

7. Click update and you will get a list of servers. *note*: Remember, the more green dots by a server, the faster it is. The green dots represent ping.

Best answers
i can get the list of servers, but now, when i try to join one, it says that i need to install the custom game first, i already installed esf, and i know i did it right, wtf...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure it is in C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\

Make sure there is a libist.game file in C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\esf

Unzip and put this file into your half-life folder.

Best answers
still didnt show up under custom games.... please help, this game looks so badass, i want to play it very badly

Best answers
i had that problem a lot... HAD...
i just re-installed EVERYTHING and it worked like magic...

Best answers
i've had quite a few problems like this... Try reinstalling (if you have any important files put them in a backup folder) make sure you install one mod at a time, and everrything in the right order (like open half life and update it and stuff) that might be the problem. If it still persists, just contact valve, or if you're lazy, just open it from the ESF folder. create a shortcut.

Best answers
Any body know how i can execute combosand have the melee bubbles like im seeing in the very sweet looking pictures on the esf site such as SSJ trunks Giving SSJ Goku a Buster Swing or a Double Axe Handle To the ground and if its an update i need were can i get it cuz id like to try out new namek

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSj_Majin_Buu, please don't hijack threads. If your question is different than the topic at hand, you should make a new thread(besides, you can't do the melee bubbles and combos until you get 1.2 which hasn't been released yet..

For those having trouble with ESF getting to run, try uninstalling all the mods and Half-life using either the uninstall or install program that came with them to remove any traces.

Then re-install HL, update it to 1.1.1.0, re-install the mods in the right folders. So ESF would go into half-life/esf and such. This is around the time you may want to try to get steam as well so you won't have to update later. www.steampowered.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom