esf downtime?

Best answers
well yesterday the esf web was down, was it the host or is there new updates or something and it was downtoday 4 some reason i just am wondering and wana no y

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please, for my sake, can you type out complete words. Properly.

Anyway, the site was probably just having some problems or maintainance, no big deal, happens everywhere.

Best answers
Actually...there was some ghey kid on IRC who was *****ing about the release of 1.2...after he was kicked and banned (which took awhile because he was IP hopping) he used a script to DDOS the website...just a stupid kid being petty...nothing more, and as you can see nothing is wrong now

Best answers
You simply have to love the cool kids.

"Release your free game for me now!! If you don't, I'll try to crash your website. I -deserve- to play the game you spend months and years to make for free. I've got rights!"

Some people..
-_-

Best answers
yeah, i hate people lie them, too^^
but some r stupid without any skillz, got a pc to christmas from their momy, go crying, find a funny tutorial to hack a website, and then theyre happy...........

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing you can do about that if it's really what happened. I don't have a whole lot to do but I find that if I can't access the forums or the site there are alternatives. I wouldn't worry about it too much, if it becomes a big enough problem Greg will deal with it. Until then, just hit the forums when they are available.

Best answers
Halorin said:
You simply have to love the cool kids.

"Release your free game for me now!! If you don't, I'll try to crash your website. I -deserve- to play the game you spend months and years to make for free. I've got rights!"

Some people..
-_-
hehe.. that actually made me laugh. GJ :D

Best answers
lol
but it isnt funny if its a good hacker, which could hack the site...
but cuz it was a noob....
lmao

Best answers
Well if this is true...then I think the esf team have already put up some protection to prevent something like this...

Best answers
perhaps...but good hackerz could hack the site with or without protection. but which site is safe?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if this kid has any sense, he should realize that causing downtime isn't going to get him his 1.2 any faster...in fact, suppose he did this again the day it came out, after the team uploaded a few mirrors - I suppose he'd be really happy, now wouldn't he?

I wouldn't dwell upon it too much, people like this come and go, it's probably not too hard for the team to deal with them...besides, even impatience has its limits.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If he started causing too much trouble, greg would pwn him anyway, so don't worry about it.

Best answers
Phatslugga said:
If he started causing too much trouble, greg would pwn him anyway, so don't worry about it.
What do you mean by "pwn" though? I'm just too concern about the safty of the page...like Majin said...what if someone really hacked into the esf page in the date of release??

Best answers
Who'd be stupid enough to do something like that?

But if they did, there'd prolly be some SERIOUS ass-whooping.

Best answers
well thought so.. small kids having fun hacking, just hope they realize what they are doing.

well if someone hacked the esf site on the release day, there will already be a search running on google after other mirrors ;)
so the hackers actually have to hack around.. what ? 10 websites? or?

-Xsis

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm really surprised that one person was able to give ESF a denial of service attack. *shrug* It's highly illegal, and the FBI prosecutes people for trying it. If he had kept doing it, you could easily get them to track it and arrest him. Guess they couldn't save DALNet, though. lol o_o

Retired
Best answers
yeah I wouldnt worry about it that much, it's a crime basically. so what Sailor said, you can do something about it by contacting the FBI.

there is no real protection against it anyway, if someone really really wants to hack a site, i'm sure he can. same with terrorism, if someone really wants to do something. it doesnt matter how much security you put somewhere.

Best answers
yeah the FBI would work if the pleb was from the usa but they have no power in other countys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom