Just a random story i thought of

Best answers
High above the cold gray structures, high above the worn tiles and dust, the sun was shining. It was so hot today, that even the sky seemed to have a shade of yellow. Terrible day for a mission. Time will not rest however, and neither will the sun.

Running from one wall the the next I soon realized that we were in a lot more trouble than previously imagined. 10, perhaps 15 terrorists were running around, patroling every corner, shooting through every door, to make sure that not a single one of us would escape alive. Gunfire was initiated at my 5:30, the terrorists appeared to be heavily armed. Perhaps funding from their leader, perhaps from previous successes.

Not even ten seconds past, and i heard a message from a comrade, the message was scrambled and distorted by gunfire, yet i could hear the despair in his voice. "Under heavy enemy fire, requesting assistance at the nor-" before he could finish however, i could hear his voiceless scream, and the silence that followed. Shaking my head I had to move on, there was no choice. Kill or be killed, that's the way this life goes.

As the mission progressed, more and more of us were falling. Only 3 of us were left, to my count. And by the number of enemy corpses I spotted, there were one, perhaps even two left out there. One of them, held the objective, a little brown backpack, just about large enough to holster an Uzi. I couldn't help but wonder what kind of fate such a small package could have, but you know what they say, great things come in small packages.

My daydreaming has left me defenceless however, and soon i found myself facing the man himself. The "Carrier", as we like to call them. A short man, with sharp cheekbones, and brown eyes, filled with malice. Radioing to my teamates, I quickly announced "Carrier in sight, I repeat, the Carrier is in sight! Location is: 22,32,74, repeat 22,32,74". After an eternal moment, I heard two responses. Not that it would have mattered really. It was now him and I. The lion and the tiger.

Running up behind a wall, I waited till his footsteps strengthened. Walking would not have helped here, considering the floor was made of rubble and dust, so the enemy chose wisely and ran. In my panic, I forgot that i was cornered, and soon found myself looking at a frag gernade, that was only 10 meters away! No where to run, nothing to cover myself with, I waited, hoping that no flak would hit me... Before i could finish that thought, i found myself tricked. The so called flash gernade blinded me, and for a split second all I could see was a milk white image. My eyes and ears felt like they were bulging, and for a while I thought I had lost my senses.

Not a second had passed and a shade of a short man was embedded into the milky white surface. Chuckling an evil laugh he said in a rough accent, "You fools fall for same trick. The infidels never learn." It was then when I realized that I was facing the last chance of survival. Using his own arrogance against him, I unholstered my pistol, and fired at the dull shape. Before he could react, the bullet has fastened istelf tightly in his flesh. His silence said it all. The boiling hot metal has punctured the lock, and opened the key of the gate that kept his soul at bay. He was gone, for good.

Looking at the corpse, at my victory, i could hear a distant announcement in the background...
"Counter terrorists win."

Best answers
nice ending to the story... but it is very long...

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
*blinks* I take it your not much of a reader.. o_O

Anyway, that was really good Sunslayer. I loved the way you played up the realism all the way through, then in the last sentence revealed that it was all just a CS game. I had a similar idea about DOD but you handled this one very well.

Short and sweet, very nice. :)

Best answers
assaf said:
nice ending to the story... but it is very long...
Yeah, sure... 'long'... :S

Very good man, great ending. Great idea for a story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom