Is it gonna be only steam?

Best answers
Is it gonna be steam for 1.2. In that case so cant i play esf anymore :cry:

So my question is: Is there gonna be a not steam file for 1.2?? o_o

Best answers
YES!! ;D

Thats really good news for me! :yes:

(I really want to play Esf 1.2 :shocked:)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF 1.2 has been developed solely on Steam.

ESF will offer a WON installation, but will not support it at all!
If you have any problems with ESF on WON servers, you will not be helped here, and you will not have any troubleshooting aid!

There is no reason not to use Steam, it is infinitely better, especially now that almost all the bugs are gone.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
If you have any problems with ESF on WON servers, you will not be helped here, and you will not have any troubleshooting aid!
yea youre wrong about that. if you have any won problems, you will get help eventually. its like now. 1.1 was developed and tested with won, yet steam users still got help when they asked for it didnt they? yea.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, they won't. I suggest you ask Team ESF.

Team ESF will not be supporting WON for 1.2.

They will make a WON installer, but any problems you face will not be troubleshot by the forum moderators or team itself.

So, I'm sorry, but "yea youre wrong abotu that." Owned.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
owned?, god youre full of yourself. how the **** do you know if they will help or not? do you speak for the team?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no shes right actualy

1.2 is only being developed on steam so asking about problems on a won version isnt gonna do anything cause the team wont be bothering correcting bugs in a won version or anything like that

and on a side note we can all stop being babys and arguing for no reason

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that still doesnt mean thay wont be completly oblivious to any won problems. just because it wont be fixed specificaly for won, doesnt mean they will just, over ook it like its nothing. if so, then thats just retarded.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then its retarded

now stop whining and causing problems

Best answers
Well what I heard is that for some reason the esf team encourages the esf players to use steam instead of won...(I don't know why) So it's normal that the team will over look won "on purpose" but even if the team won'f fix it...the ones who hates steam to the uttermost will make patches for 1.2 on won anyways...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To sum it all up, 1.2 has been developed and thoroughly tested on the Steam engine, and all the bugs/exploits were fixed keeping the Steam results in mind.

Now if someone has problems with ESF on Steam, we will consider and reply to those problem with a higher priority as related to those on WON. And even if you get some WON-only problems, there are a lot of Half-Life veterans on these forums and our team of testers/staff are still very familiar with WON-issues, so I'm sure there will be someone to help you - whatever the case/problem.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, WON won't be completely left in the shadows. I hear a lot of good things about STEAM and some bad things. But must people says it's very good.

People forget... Beta = Not finished. So bugs can't be ruled out for either version.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bugs that are only on won version wont be fixed or messed with because thats a waste of work time to fix bugs on versions that wont be able to be used for long

Best answers
True...and also, like groovy said, there're people out ther with steam only problems but also people with won only problems...and as we will all be using steam after won closes, I'm sure that there will be more tutorials out there concerning about steam issues and troubleshooting etc...

Best answers
Seriously...
SailorAlea said:
you will not be helped here
Speak for yourself. I try never to turn someone down when I can help them. Steam works for me, but I see no great improvements except that it tried to download a 500 meg game (and then ask me to pay for it) that I wasn't going to use, it has some small bugs. it still works.
WON still works too.

Anyways, on another point that has just popped into my head, isn't it a little hypocritical of the ESF Team to move to Steam, but absolutely refuse to use HL2?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bihal said:
Anyways, on another point that has just popped into my head, isn't it a little hypocritical of the ESF Team to move to Steam, but absolutely refuse to use HL2?
If won wasn't eventually going down... then you could call the team hypocrites, in a sense, they're being forced to move to Steam.

Basically, the team wants the mod to die on the engine it was born on.

Best answers
So, WON will surely works, but have problems/bugs?
I dont think that they will leave WON just like that (and hope they dont). ;)

Steam have always been problem for me, like when im gonna start Cs 1.6, I come to the menu then it jump out. Then i dont know how to lay in games in the list. So, i think steam doesnt work on my computer. :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, first of all, you are all acting like only the team can help with any problems one might have. Well thats not true. eventually someone will learn to fix the problem and if someone has the same problem that person could help them. same with any other problems and it will grow.

also you are all acting like won is going down next week. I remember starting to play esf 6 months ago, and every one was like "OMG is it true won is going down?" "yes won is going down in 2 weeks or 2 months" well 6 months later its still here. And even if it does eventually go down. its easier to work with then steam. Won works perfectly fine, so why you are neglecting it is beyond me. and if someone has a question. you should be curtious and try to answer it for them.

Phoenix

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom