Frames

Best answers
Hi guys i see in some Pics that the frames are 70,00 or 69,00 is this an new thing in 1.2 my frames are 50 or 55 in 1.1.

Retired
Best answers
you mean the FPS?

FPS are frames per second, which is different for every PC. so if your current FPS is 50 or 55. then it wont differ that much from the 1.2 version.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it depends on how fast your computer is .....

Best answers
Cant i make the FPS higher i have an 2ghz an 512mb ram and geforce 4 ti is 55 not too low for my pc?

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for esf 55 is about right, huge open maps with mad partical effects... 55 is good. You dont need any higher anyways as the human eye cant tell the difference between 40 and 100 fps

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's 60+, the human eye can't discern.

The best way to make ESF go faster currently is to kill the dust trails. Has anyone fixed that in 1.2?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you cant see it, but you will notice framedrops,
i for some reason had a strange fps drop in esf, all radeon cards have this inconvinience <-- prolly bad spelled.

i had my fps dropped with my current system to below the 10 fps.
givin the specs of my system thats pretty fu

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically a the problem is that the HL engine has issues with open spaces so even good equipment can have issues :p 55 is really good for ESF.

-Karrde-

Best answers
I think the issue with HL is that it has trouble drawing out the whole map. On some of the more high-poly maps, when ur flying really high looking down, hl will only draw the one half of the map ur in, and the rest is blacked out, and FPS gets crappy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Reptile said:
you cant see it, but you will notice framedrops,
i for some reason had a strange fps drop in esf, all radeon cards have this inconvinience <-- prolly bad spelled.

i had my fps dropped with my current system to below the 10 fps.
givin the specs of my system thats pretty fu
That is screwed up. On guru I get a solid 99 until the explosions start. You should go to the newbie and help sections and find my old tweaking tutorial. It's radeon friendly. Hehe.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chrisknyfe|SSJ said:
I think the issue with HL is that it has trouble drawing out the whole map. On some of the more high-poly maps, when ur flying really high looking down, hl will only draw the one half of the map ur in, and the rest is blacked out, and FPS gets crappy.
Are you sure it's not the map you're playing ? Cause there are some maps with the wrong max. view distance.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Judge said:
you mean the FPS?

FPS are frames per second, which is different for every PC. so if your current FPS is 50 or 55. then it wont differ that much from the 1.2 version.
i can tell the difference between 40 and 100, but they say humans eyes cant tell the difference between 50+ and 100

Best answers
Terry the human eye cant tell the difference between 60 +, what you actually are detecting is the unstable fps dropping and jumping. if u had constant 100 fps you wouldnt tell the difference to constant 72.
It aint that hard to get high fps. i run the reso 1 larger than 1024x768, 11xxx , forgot what it was and i get 70-100 fps no matter what situation. My pc aint that super either, athlon xp 1800, 768 ddr, 256 meg radeon 9600 XT.
Fighter12 you can increase your fps with abit of tweaking of ur pc and half life settings, although i havnt touched half life for like half a year and ive forgotten most of the commands. Run a search in google for counter strike/ half life high fps settings. Also download a program like powerstrip so you can lock your monitors refresh rate at its highest. Monitor refresh rate plays a big part in how your comp performs in games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know about this 60+ stuff, since I can easily make out a difference between 60 and 100 when moving around, heh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe it was 70 and 100. One things for sure, I can't tell the difference after 100, no way. lol

We can tell because of the framerate's erratic jumping. But playing a solid round of old UT, and you see that the framerate (like 20000, lol) will be constantly changing and dropping and rising again, but you won't ever notice.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your eyes have something called 'motion blur' which makes everything sorta wash onto the next frame your eye sees at, 24 a second. Moniters cannot reproduce 'motion blur' and so they seem a little strange to your eyes.

TVs run at 24 fps (strange no?) but use 'motion blur' so it appears perfectly fine, plus it stays directly at 24 fps.

Maybe in 10 years they'll have motion blur on moniters for games ;D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom