Destroying surroundings

Discord Member
Best answers
well i have thought it might be possible to add later that feature where you could destroy buildings or sth like that or you crush into a tree and it will be destroyed while you hit the ground.is it possible with the old hl engine?

Best answers
its kinda possible but i wouldnt whant to play a game with all those entities in it...

can u say MAJOR LAG!

and this is ment to be 56k user friendly mod...

its been sugested b4

so No... wil be the answer

:no:

Discord Member
Best answers
they could add it but there has to be an option then to turn it on or off.

Best answers
Not optional, it has to be there.

And like Magmus said, it would cause a big problem with FPS and latency rates. Meaning bad severe lag.

Best answers
i am suprised this thread hasnt been closed yet??

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unfortunately, the half-life engine doesn't support terrain disentegration. We'll have to wait for hl2 for that I think.

Best answers
no not even hl2 will support ingame terrain forming...

as we allready so on the game red faction, which had complete destructible terrain, the multiplayer experience was kinda thumb cinema (lag lag lag). ppl would have bought the game for the singleplayer campaign, but why did they implent complete destructible terrain when it isnt even needed to achieve the goal of the singleplayer campaign?

so they invested so much money into the engine, which didnt fullfill either of the jobs: singleplayer and multiplayer

it will still last for many years until we will see a game with destructible terrain, which has no lagging multiplayer experience, and which supports big exterior environment (which esf does need)

Best answers
i was given a 500 meg hl2 video by mi friend and in it they had ingame terain forming

the said it could have its displacment map alterd any time during game play

so why not just make it lower when some one is smaked in to it

Best answers
we dont speak of displacement, we speak of destructible terrain. but whatever, esf will never change engine from hl

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Half Life 2 engine can be programed to include terrain destruction.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as for now the team isnt gonna change to hl2, so you can leave that thought alone for a while, what they did say is "when it is easy to convert ESF into HL2 they might consider it"
the first statement they made was "It isnt gonna happen" later on they changed their oppinion to that what stated above.
only time would learn

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Effect, warning for spam. Don't suggest a thread should be closed. As for the topic, this has been discussed into the ground. It'd be doable, it'd be a mapping thing, it'd take and ungodly long process, and it would cause HORRIBLE r_speeds on maps. It wouldn't be worth it. Go play Red Faction....or something.

*closed*

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom