Simple ? about ESF just for admins {dont respond to this unless admin}

Best answers
how do i become a beta tester and who do i need to ask. I also would like to help the esf team. I am a dedicated worker and would like to help u in anyway possible. Like i have said in other post i was part of the team who helped update and remod cs and dod.

Best answers
1) the team already has enough beta testers
2) if the team needs testers, then they will search for testers and pick them.
3) stop spammin around useless threads

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't become a beta tester by asking. Infact, you've probably ruined any chance you did have of being a beta tester by asking. If you want to help the ESF team, I'd take it up with them personally, instead of making a forum post where anyone has the ability to see it and reply to it. Make sure you send plenty of work, and give them a good reason why they would need you, if they even do.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering you have been around since...this month. Your chances are not very high. All current beta testers are people that have been around the forums for a while and know the team well enough that they trust them.

So just signing up for a games forums and asking, "can I beta test?" usually ends with a big, fat NO

Best answers
ever heard of irc, aim, icq, msn?

and then there is private message...

and if YOU dont even know the team, then why the hell do u wanna join them as beta tester? the dev team and the testers are like a family. pcjoe as one knows that he can give the beta testers the game and they wont leak it.

*paranoid* u r probably some one of a group called myg0t which wants to leak this mod and make cheats for it... stop it! */paranoid*

Best answers
i am not new to ESf so dont treat me like i am i just signed on to the forum today cause i was bored. and by the way i dont mean to be a beta tester now. I know how beta testing works. I was part of cs team and dod team im just asking cause i would like to help tthe team and send in my skins and such. after i send in stuff i would become beta tester to test my own stuff thats why i was asking i think i asked the ? the wrong way. from now on i will explain in detail with my ?'s so people dont get confused

Best answers
then send private messages to the dev team and give them some of your work

just dont spam the forums with 100 billion and one thread about porting esf to hl2, which will never happen

Best answers
EVIL TRUNKS and SUICIDE i have posted this many times now no not by myself i know many people i will bring people that helped work on cs and dod and some people that i know that have made skins and such for esf. No i will not be doing this myself and yes they can port it without my help. I m talking about where u hav to start from scratch again. Not porting. SO the game gets all the extras of HL2. OK

Best answers
ALso for the last time this is my 1st day on forums not 1st day of playing game i have been with esf since alpha version and im not trying to spam the forums. also ive seen worse posts then mine so dont tell me im spamming.

Best answers
1) dont double post u have a edit button
2) my name is Suicider
3) ok, i just missed something, u mean to implent the hl2 engine into esf? ok ppl now we can start laughing ahhahahahahahaha

sorry, but u can implent an engine into a engine. an engine is a type of plattform, which games are developed on. the newest like the hl2 engine will support bump mapping, decals on models (like bulletholes if u dont know what a decal is), 3d shadows, these are all options which the hl engine doesnt have.

hl1 and hl2 engine are 2 different things. the one is an improved engine of quake 1, the other is an improved havoc engine, with the ragdoll physic engine, and other eye candy. different.

do u understand? if u even dont know this, u didnt help dod or cs team.

why cant u just contact the dev team per private message?

Best answers
your a dumbass u dont know what your talking about. Im talking of taking all the neat stuff they have done to HL2 for example the graphice. for another example the reality of getting shot or something like if u get hit by a beam your arm gets blown off and u can see the bones and stuff. also i talking of taking the sprites of the HL2 and stuff

Best answers
[TMC]WheresWald said:
your a dumbass u dont know what your talking about. Im talking of taking all the neat stuff they have done to HL2 for example the graphice. for another example the reality of getting shot or something like if u get hit by a beam your arm gets blown off and u can see the bones and stuff. also i talking of taking the sprites of the HL2 and stuff
hmm i try to be nice to you... and u flame me, thats not allowed on this forum.

the sprites for esf are ALL done by the team... hl2 isnt even out yet! how do u know how the sprites look like? they dont fit to esf when i saw them on the hl2 movies... if they were sprites...

and that beam hits arm > arms gets cut is too much for hl engine

too many informations that have to be transferred over the hl netcode will lag immensly... cmon its 6 years old

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr. TMC, i think the mods are getting tired of you, looking at the amount of threads you created and the ones that where closed, i'd say, you will not last long here, if you can not even stick to the rules that this board has, then your chances are slim to even contact the team.

Best answers
And Suicider, I don't think you're making things much better by arguing with him. "Don't Feed The Animals" an' all that :p... I mean, you barely make as much sense as the Schmuck who made this thread. :rolleyes:

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[TMC]WheresWald you get a warning, 2 more and you are banned. I AM an admin of these forums and I am going to close this thread as it is pointless. You can NOT come in here and ask to be a beta tester. Also the team is not looking for any new members, if you want to find out who to talk to LOOK RIGHT ON THE MAIN PAGE UNDER THE TEAM LINK.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel hit it on the nose for me (although he should not have been playing moderator on our behalf...). I for one am tired enough of you to go ahead and close this thread now. Before I do, I will try and respond to a few of the thing you've said and the claims you've made, just for closure.

First off, skins, models, tweaks, whatever you have come up with can be modelled (modelling, not creating a model) in the appropriate sections of the forum. If you would like to send them to the team I'm sure someone on the team would be happy to look over them, although I do not believe they are in the custom of using work produced by someone outside of team itself, beta testers included. There's no way you could bribe yourself into any kind of a testing position when the team already has excellent sprite and skin editors and all of that.

Secondly the team isn't real big on personal requests to test. If they agreed to examine every applicant who created a thread or sent them a Private Message they'd have to add three new people to the team just for public relations and spam flood control.

Nextly the forum is not a fan of people barging in here with any post count, though especially a low post count, and creating a self-centered thread that he just ends up filling with spam about himself and his accomplishments.

Also, note that the forum is intollerant of anyone who posts aimlessly accusatory, harmful, or disruptive content directed towards other users. Coming in here with virtually no experience with the forum and calling a user who is criticizing you a dumbass, and using spam instead of private messages to argue that you are not spamming doesn't make you look very sophistocated.

Lastly, the team members are listed on the front page, so if you do not know who the team members are, you must have paid as little attention to the official website as you have to our forums. If you can get ahold of one with a private message, feel free to continue bragging to someone important, as the rest of us are really rather uninterested and it is bad etiquette to post about how great you are out in the open (unless you are intentionally targetting everyone).

Contact someone privately, although it is highly unlikely you will be inducted into the testers. As has been previously stated, testers are generally taken from circles that are in touch with the team relatively often, have been so or at least been assisting the mod for a long period of time, or that sleep with the right team members. (So far I have slept with 3 of the wrong team members.) (That was a joke, don't take it seriously >.<).

This thread is Closed.

Edit -- Meh, Hsu got to it before I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom