steam and how does it effect the gsme?

Best answers
OK i just wanted to know will esf still be run on won servers or will it all be converted to steam. I have not gotten steam yet, and im recieving mixed reviews on it. I just wanted to know if i am to get it for the new beta update or it is an option for steam users ?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam has only recieved positive reviews for the last several weeks as I've heard... there's no reason not to have Steam unless you are using a 56k or slower modem. Just get it. ESF will be run on both, but most people SHOULD be playing it on Steam. It will come with an installer for both Won and Steam.

Best answers
whew so i dont need steam then or is there a benefit to it for me a cable user?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am a cable user, just to tell you, and I have no problem with steam.

However, I'd like to recommend that you DO get steam for ESF 1.2, the testing we did was HEAVILY on Steam once we started getting into the melee testing, which has been going on for quite a few months now, and we haven't been doing much, if any, testing on WON. The biggest advantage to getting 1.2 for Steam will be that we have pounded out a lot of bugs, where as we haven't investigated the WON version as much, so any troubles you have with it won't have been covered to the same extent.

Best answers
ok thanks for the advice ill try to get steam when i clear some stuff off mi drive.

Best answers
Steam blown WON away , some people dont play steam due before it use to be buggy but now its almost bug free (mite be bug free now)

Best answers
I know thhis is a newb question but i don't care,but what is steam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom