Is steam needed??

Best answers
I've been readind some threds about steam and i was wondering if it is really needed. I mean i still get servers normaly but is it better to use steam, like do you get more servers or something?

Retired
Best answers
I'm sure that esfb 1.2 will run under won but the esf team wont give support for won user ( if u mean esfb 1.2 )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you install steam, choose not to clean up all old files. That way you can play on steam by opening with steam, and play on WON by opening halflife from the halflife folder, or on The All Seeing Eye.
I will probably be playing on WON.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I've said this somewhere else, but I shall say it again:

The lion's share of the testing we did on 1.2 took place on Steam, so, as a result, the Steam version will probably be a lot more polished than the Won version, and we will probably be able to better support any problems that arrise with the Steam version, so use WON at your own discression. Besides that, I figured that more people use Steam now, anyway...so you may find more servers with Steam, particularly if people experience issues with the WON version by virtue of the fact that we haven't heavily tested using WON.

Best answers
I cant install steam it messes up if i could i would but i cant so i wont

Best answers
argh steam
i would perfer to stick with won (im on 56k)
bit times are changing just lan is gonna be really hard to set up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if u cant install steam then dont come crying when 1.2 doesnt work on it

and u do realize ur gonna need steam at some point when won goes down

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get Steam now or get Steam later, at some point you'll have no choice.

This has been asked enough times. It has been tested on Steam, not Won. It should work on both, but Steam is a better bet. Steam has a website, and if you are having trouble installing it, refer to their forums.

Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom